Bill

That bond - two years on

As our bond got under way 9th Marh 2018, our slow witted neighbours added their 'thoughts'

" They won't be Cat 1 for much longer, they just can't afford it without an owner who puts in money "

" I don’t think I’d ever stop laughing if it went **** up and by only did the club go into financial threefall but all the fans who invested their £500s got the money squandered too. "

more of their stupidity can be found here

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/425042/norwich-asking-for-Â3.5m-to-fund-academy/

On the night after they lost at home to Fleetwood (yes, Fleetwood) we fielded 5 forner acadeny playersat White Hart Lane. Two of whom stepped up to score two almost perfect penalties, in a very pressured atmosphere.

Tha above highlight how one club invests, while the other divests The post sneeds to be seen in that light rather than simply beingnanother opportunity to laugh at our impoversished neighbours, if ever there needed another reason. By investing in the future through a successful scouting system and coaching set up we have laid the foundations of a sustainable model. One that would NOT be derailed by any collapse in TV money.

So maybe holding up the binners constant failure is needed, if only to get some to see what we are doing right and the results it has delived

oh, and as an aside, some might care to see the the combined age of those five academy players probably amounts to less than the millions owed by the binners - no more stark example of the gap (minded, or not)

• Like 1

Our support and our academy are our two biggest assets.

They are permanent.Teams, good players and even owners come and go.

The academy is worth every penny and Cat.1 is a feather in our cap.

Even if many (most) of the youngsters fail to make it to the first team there is still decent money to be had from selling many of the  also-rans to lower league clubs. I'm not sure if we get loan fees, but both Godfrey and Morris were instrumental in Hurst's Grimsby (?)** getting to the play-offs the season before last which led to the binners pinching Hurst.What happened there I wonder?

**Shrewsbury

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

Best TWTD post recently was from a man whose nephew signed for Norwich after one of our scouts watched him at the Ipswich academy 

Edited by dylanisabaddog

Its great that we have done and continue to invest in our academy although its also worth pointing out that the majority of those who have broken into our first team squad and who are going to make the club a hundred million when sold were brought to the academy under the previous academy regime which has been dismantled. I think Idah is the only one who came here on Webber's watch and that was very soon after he joined so may have already been in the pipeline. 

There is a lag I think with changes made to an academy and seeing players come through so it will probably only be in 2 or 3 years time we start to really see whether all the changes made are paying off.

That said, improving the facilities and putting the foundations in place for the academy to continue to function in the future is very important/pleasing. 

2 hours ago, Bill said:

As our bond got under way 9th Marh 2018, our slow witted neighbours added their 'thoughts'

" They won't be Cat 1 for much longer, they just can't afford it without an owner who puts in money "

" I don’t think I’d ever stop laughing if it went **** up and by only did the club go into financial threefall but all the fans who invested their £500s got the money squandered too. "

more of their stupidity can be found here

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/425042/norwich-asking-for-Â3.5m-to-fund-academy/

On the night after they lost at home to Fleetwood (yes, Fleetwood) we fielded 5 forner acadeny playersat White Hart Lane. Two of whom stepped up to score two almost perfect penalties, in a very pressured atmosphere.

Tha above highlight how one club invests, while the other divests The post sneeds to be seen in that light rather than simply beingnanother opportunity to laugh at our impoversished neighbours, if ever there needed another reason. By investing in the future through a successful scouting system and coaching set up we have laid the foundations of a sustainable model. One that would NOT be derailed by any collapse in TV money.

So maybe holding up the binners constant failure is needed, if only to get some to see what we are doing right and the results it has delived

oh, and as an aside, some might care to see the the combined age of those five academy players probably amounts to less than the millions owed by the binners - no more stark example of the gap (minded, or not)

A good example of how Lpsw1ch have not been able to lookahead/plan/strategise. 

They think that engagement with their fanbase is about Lambert coming out with lovely platitudes about their past.

To read their comments last season in relation to Lambert and Evans was laughable. I simply cannot believe the gullibility of a large portion of their fans.

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

Its great that we have done and continue to invest in our academy although its also worth pointing out that the majority of those who have broken into our first team squad and who are going to make the club a hundred million when sold were brought to the academy under the previous academy regime which has been dismantled. I think Idah is the only one who came here on Webber's watch and that was very soon after he joined so may have already been in the pipeline. 

There is a lag I think with changes made to an academy and seeing players come through so it will probably only be in 2 or 3 years time we start to really see whether all the changes made are paying off.

That said, improving the facilities and putting the foundations in place for the academy to continue to function in the future is very important/pleasing. 

Well that wasn't what you said when the bond was launched Jimbo...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Is Alfie lacking a surname because the club are trying to disguise his identity for fear of reprisals from the Needham Market Ultras, or is it a Brazilian thing, like Fred?!😎

Neither - they were hoping that some wag would come on the Pink'un messageboard and make a 'what's it all about Alfie?' joke, but some smart alec ruined it by already making the joke about R(Alfie) Fahrmann...................

• Haha 1

🎶    there's a fahrmann waiting on the bench

he'd like to come and play for us

but he thinks he's left behind  🎶