Sign in to follow this  
Canary dwarf

Tim krul schalke

1 hour ago, Canary dwarf said:

It would be sad if it happens ,he's had a good season much better than last season ,don't go Timmy.😄

Spare a thought for Ralf Fahrmann. He comes to Norwich City and finds his way into the team impeded by Tim Krul.

He now faces the prospect of returning to Schalke and finding his way into the team impeded by ... Tim Krul.

Would love him to stay, but wouldn't begrudge him a move to a side with European football. 

The pink Un podcasters were all discussing whether Sheffield United might be interested were Dean Henderson to move back to Man Utd. That's a good shout too.

• Like 1

I think he's been our only consistent PL standard player. As such he has definitely attracted attention. Big loss to Norwich if he goes. Should do everything we can to keep him. 

14 minutes ago, Chumino said:

I think he's been our only consistent PL standard player. As such he has definitely attracted attention. Big loss to Norwich if he goes. Should do everything we can to keep him. 

I do think he really likes it here ,but probably wants too play at a higher level than the championship particularly if Holland come knocking.😬

50 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

I do think he really likes it here ,but probably wants too play at a higher level than the championship particularly if Holland come knocking.😬

Positive note, with a bit of a dodgy defence in front of him,  hes getting plenty of practice. Playing in a strong defence he may not get to do so much.  We are keeping him well tuned for his national team , in fact Holland should stump up a pay rise to keep him here, if only football worked so benevolently. 

• Haha 2

When I heard about us signing him as a free agent last season I was season I was very pleased - a goalkeeper with good Premier League experience. I hope we don’t lose him though as I don’t think we will be able to find a good enough replacement

Anyone remember how long a contract he's on ?  Pretty sure all our first team regulars are on fairly long contracts so we can get a decent fee if he does go.  But it's true, he's been magnificent and his PL experience is also a massive help, he'd be very hard to replace even with money to spend.

1 minute ago, It's Character Forming said:

Anyone remember how long a contract he's on ?  Pretty sure all our first team regulars are on fairly long contracts so we can get a decent fee if he does go.  But it's true, he's been magnificent and his PL experience is also a massive help, he'd be very hard to replace even with money to spend.

The source I read mentioned a fee c.£2m and that could be attractive to the club (yet I wonder about that)

2 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

Cue   Wolfos contact conundrums. 

I certainly hope there is no mileage in this but it could be that we will be looking for two goalkeepers over the summer unless McGovern is promoted back to No.1.

11 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I certainly hope there is no mileage in this but it could be that we will be looking for two goalkeepers over the summer unless McGovern is promoted back to No.1.

I believe you may be right.

Think that McGovern will still be here but number 2.  Let's hope TK stays (and the other TK!)

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

😳 I’d  feel a justified pinkun meltdown in that case 🤨 he’s fine as 3rd choice, I’m not that keen on him as backup , but....

4 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

😳 I’d  feel a justified pinkun meltdown in that case 🤨 he’s fine as 3rd choice, I’m not that keen on him as backup , but....

Would soon have Keelan back as no 1.

£2m for a 31 year old PL keeper in his prime, with an international recall? I suspect there would be hundreds of clubs willing to pay that - at least put a nought on the end. I'd be happy with £20m for Krul if we then get Butland for £15m as rumoured.

9 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

£2m for a 31 year old PL keeper in his prime, with an international recall? I suspect there would be hundreds of clubs willing to pay that - at least put a nought on the end. I'd be happy with £20m for Krul if we then get Butland for £15m as rumoured.

Butland for £15m? Maybe a few years ago, but he's gone right off the boil in the past couple of seasons. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Butland for £15m? Maybe a few years ago, but he's gone right off the boil in the past couple of seasons. 

Super keeper a couple of years ago; 26 year old ex-England player and a classic Webber/Farke purchase - anything less than £15m would be awesome.

4 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Super keeper a couple of years ago; 26 year old ex-England player and a classic Webber/Farke purchase - anything less than £15m would be awesome.

I suppose. I guess it's easy to forget just how young he is, and Chelsea were allegedly sniffing round him post-Courtois. But his form, stock, confidence and transfer value have all plummeted since then. I wouldn't want to pay an exorbitant amount of money for him, especially if we only get pittance for Krul, who is a superior goalkeeper at this moment in time.

I can't see Krul going anywhere. Norwich resurrected his career when it had come to a grinding halt (mostly due to a some serious injuries) and he clearly loves it here. He plays with the sort of passion you can only have when you really believe in the team.

On 09/03/2020 at 18:30, sonyc said:

I don't think Mair is ready. Oxborough possibly?

I've seen Mair play a few times for the U23s and been very impressed every time. Not saying he's ready to go straight in just yet, but he looks an excellent prospect. 

2 hours ago, sgncfc said:

Super keeper? You seen him now? Got too big time to quick. Really isnt that great

6 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

I've seen Mair play a few times for the U23s and been very impressed every time. Not saying he's ready to go straight in just yet, but he looks an excellent prospect. 

I'm surprised. But pleasantly. I have read good things about Oxborough.

I'm looking forward to seeing Gilmour in midfield next season (whatever league we are in). Seems a regular starter for Telstar. 

Our youth policy is like a production line which is always something to look forward to.....You get a new player and it's a bit like a new signing.

Edited by sonyc

I seem to remember someone I trust on here (probably BYG) saying we were probably going to get shot of Oxborough as he wasn’t up to the standard we look for?

1 minute ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Tim Krul has just bought a house in my village. Doesn't seem like the action of someone who is moving away

You own a whole village ?

• Like 1

We should be building a team around Krul not grabbing money for him. First name on the team sheet for me.

• Like 1