Surfer

Let's put a limit on starting new topics

23 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I’m surprised there’s been 146 posts in total on there. 

Considering your interest levels, might be worth you signing up?

Need to be clear here, so if someone or some people don't like another person's opinion ban them? Tumbleweed will soon blow through this forum. 

We have over optimism, realism, negativity the whole spectrum.  Good. You can choose to ignore reply or even block someone. How much more control does anyone need? Be a really boring place if everyone on here was say a happy clapper or there was deemed to be only one right opinion. 

So do we really need more control, rules, enforcement? I'd say no. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Chumino said:

Anywhere, ever, on anything, the sooner people learn to self regulate  in all aspects of life, the sooner the human race  can consider itself ' grown up' . I will not be holding my  breath  in the meantime though . 

48 minutes ago, Chumino said:

We have over optimism, realism, negativity the whole spectrum.  Good.

Exactly so, and that is all absolutely fine - and then we have trolls, which is all @Keith Scott has ever been, and that is definitely not fine and it does the forum no good at all to allow idiots like him to clutter it up with their bile.

Keith does seem to generate interest with his posts though. Sometimes I open up the site and nobody is making points that create a wide scope for opinion. Keith is obviously someone who likes to post negative things and probably won't ever change. So while I might not bother replying to any of his posts, I like the option of reading them and smiling.

2 hours ago, lappinitup said:

Whatever happened to Lincoln Canary?

Good question, I'd like to think that Farke proved him so spectacularly wrong that he's given up here and gone trolling somewhere else where he might have a shred of credibility.

Sadly there doesn't seem any prospect of KS following his lead although it does make you wonder how he spent last season, perhaps he has other teams that he trolls for when things are going well at NCFC?

So, although losing is disappointing I do find the moaning minnie's posts therapeutic. Comical even. They cheer me up anyway.. 

Oh and the Exodus of posters from here to Norwich talk can be seen in their introduction section. To think I was told the pink un would die and rays funds would die with it.  

Edited by nutty nigel

6 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

To clear up some of the nonsense spouted on here, Lakey made 146 posts on Norwichtalk . Slightly ironic that a lot of posters moan about him but then wonder why his rants stopped on there. Funnily enough a certain ex copper made 46 posts on there too, still can’t accept that some people may want to have conversations elsewhere without him it seems 😜

Yep joined in 2014 and left in 2014 and once a certain somebody was appointed moderator that was it for me.

Edited by TIL 1010

4 hours ago, Chumino said:

Need to be clear here, so if someone or some people don't like another person's opinion ban them? Tumbleweed will soon blow through this forum. 

We have over optimism, realism, negativity the whole spectrum.  Good. You can choose to ignore reply or even block someone. How much more control does anyone need? Be a really boring place if everyone on here was say a happy clapper or there was deemed to be only one right opinion. 

You are either not listening to what I suggested or not understanding what I suggested. So I'll assume I was not clear about it.

I'm not suggesting anyone is banned, I am not suggesting there are limits on what people can post. Both would be censorship.

I am suggesting an "in all things moderation" approach, of limiting the number of new Threads any poster can create each day.

1 hour ago, Surfer said:

You are either not listening to what I suggested or not understanding what I suggested. So I'll assume I was not clear about it.

I'm not suggesting anyone is banned, I am not suggesting there are limits on what people can post. Both would be censorship.

I am suggesting an "in all things moderation" approach, of limiting the number of new Threads any poster can create each day.

Just for clarity some are asking for bans. You are asking for limitations on quantity of different discussions a poster can start daily. My point stands. 

4 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

I'd like to know who gets to decide what realism is on that list....

Anyone is capable. 

Edited by Chumino

11 minutes ago, Chumino said:

Just for clarity some are asking for bans. You are asking for limitations on quantity of different discussions a poster can start daily. My point stands. 

I agree with your points around bans. A very bad idea. 

12 minutes ago, Chumino said:

Anyone is capable. 

Anyone is capable or everyone is capable?

18 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Anyone including pedants. 

18 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

48 minutes ago, Chumino said:

Exactly. So why is it a category? For me "realism" is what folk use to somehow reinforce their opinion whilst rubbishing the opposite opinion. Often calling those people deluded.

But when the dust settles the so called realists are wrong as often as the so called deluded ones. 

41 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Exactly. So why is it a category? For me "realism" is what folk use to somehow reinforce their opinion whilst rubbishing the opposite opinion. Often calling those people deluded.

But when the dust settles the so called realists are wrong as often as the so called deluded ones. 

Maybe it's just a balanced assessment somwhere between polor opposite opinions. 

1 hour ago, Chumino said:

Maybe it's just a balanced assessment somwhere between polor opposite opinions. 

I'm sure that's what the posters who claim this realism think. Just like they think those they don't agree with are deluded. Both are just arrogant tags added to something which is just an opinion. 

13 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

I'm sure that's what the posters who claim this realism think. Just like they think those they don't agree with are deluded. Both are just arrogant tags added to something which is just an opinion. 

I'm sure any opinion can appear to be delusional to some delusional folk on here. 

2 hours ago, Chumino said:

I'm sure any opinion can appear to be delusional to some delusional folk on here. 

I think you're being a bit if a chumino over this..

Anyway, I guess claiming realism for what is just an opinion masks weakness of argument, as does calling other people's opinions deluded🙃

I've never been on a forum so anti banning obvious trolls. It amazed me Waveney got away with his **** for such a long time.

What do the likes of Keith Scott, Big Vince etc actually bring to this forum? I think a few appreciate having them as they enjoy having a bogeyman to point at but apart from that I don't know how the forum would suffer without them.

• Like 1

It's beyond me why a poster would want another poster banned. Or control what other posters do as in how many threads they're allowed to start.

37 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I think you're being a bit if a chumino over this..

Anyway, I guess claiming realism for what is just an opinion masks weakness of argument, as does calling other people's opinions deluded🙃

4 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

It's beyond me why a poster would want another poster banned. Or control what other posters do as in how many threads they're allowed to start.

Realistic. 

1 hour ago, king canary said:

I've never been on a forum so anti banning obvious trolls. It amazed me Waveney got away with his **** for such a long time.

What do the likes of Keith Scott, Big Vince etc actually bring to this forum? I think a few appreciate having them as they enjoy having a bogeyman to point at but apart from that I don't know how the forum would suffer without them.

If this was a small forum run and moderated by fans that might have happened. But this is in the hands of a regional media company and it is not exactly a good look in terms of freedom of speech to ban posters just for being tedious.

Plus the moderation here tends to be pretty light (possibly a question of overworked staff) and usually it is defamatory posts/posters that get the heave-ho, plus those who go out of their way to be gratuitously rude. A few examples of that ilk spring to mind, but I wouldn't say Waveney or Keith Scott, whatever one thinks of their views, fall into that category.

10 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

If this was a small forum run and moderated by fans that might have happened. But this is in the hands of a regional media company and it is not exactly a good look in terms of freedom of speech to ban posters just for being tedious.

Plus the moderation here tends to be pretty light (possibly a question of overworked staff) and usually it is defamatory posts/posters that get the heave-ho, plus those who go out of their way to be gratuitously rude. A few examples of that ilk spring to mind, but I wouldn't say Waveney or Keith Scott, whatever one thinks of their views, fall into that category.

I kind of get that. I'm just surprised so many posters are so keen to keep some of these folks on here.

I also remember when every post had to go through moderation. That was heavy handed.

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

From the Pinkuns point of view the threads of the likes of Waveny / Keith Scott get a hell of a lot of clicks and responses without either of those posters being offensive (from what I've seen) 

I guess we are the products - not customers on here and when Archant is selling our attention to the advertisers the more of it they can get the better!