Surfer

Let's put a limit on starting new topics

How about we ask Pete to establish a limit on the number of new topics any individual poster can create?

Like one a day perhaps - then we don't have to have Keith Scott cluttering up the board with his nonsense. 

2 minutes ago, Surfer said:

How about we ask Pete to establish a limit on the number of new topics any individual poster can create?

Like one a day perhaps - then we don't have to have LDC cluttering up the board with his nonsense. 

*fixed it for you.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Like one a day perhaps - then we don't have to have Keith Scott cluttering up the board with his nonsense. 

Just Keith ? 

Norwich Talk would have about two threads a month if that rule was introduced over there.

1 hour ago, Surfer said:

You mean controlling what people want to say? 

7 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Norwich Talk would have about two threads a month if that rule was introduced over there.

Anyone else on here a member apart from Hoggy ? 

Well if posts are archived it would make interesting reading as posters left the pink un in droves proclaiming it's demise....

1 hour ago, Chumino said:

You mean controlling what people want to say? 

No, just a limit on the frequency of starting new threads, no limit on the number of posts. Keith is a recent abuser of this, he must have started four or five threads about Duda since Saturday.

But any new rule like that would apply to everyone equally. 

11 minutes ago, Surfer said:

No, just a limit on the frequency of starting new threads, no limit on the number of posts. Keith is a recent abuser of this, he must have started four or five threads about Duda since Saturday.

But any new rule like that would apply to everyone equally. 

So just a cuddly form of censorship then. 

What's so difficult about ignoring all the posters who upset you?

I just never click on to any of this Keith Scott's puerile nonsense.He he an even more lacking in adept at  posting than the original Keith Scott was at playing football.

Rules, rules, ban this, ban that.It's a football forum not the vehicle of a police state.

It would also impact negatively upon many genuine posters who might be a bit over frequent but nevertheless have no malice.

More pressure on the forum organisers too.

7 hours ago, Surfer said:

It’s not censorship if you can say whatever you want. 

Posters may well have more than one topic they wish to discuss and inform us of daily, somthing current in the fast moving world if football. But they should wait until they have a gap in their allocation of one new topic per day? 

1 minute ago, Chumino said:

Posters may well have more than one topic they wish to discuss and inform us of daily, somthing current in the fast moving world if football. But they should wait until they have a gap in their allocation of one new topic per day? 

I'm with you on this. It's limiting the behaviour of everyone because of the behaviour of the few.

I think the question is not 'should we limit the number of new topics people can create?', but 'should Keith Scott be banned?', as he is the problem here. Even Pig Mince limits his new topics to one or two per week, because he is a well-practised troll rather than a hopeless one like Keith.

10 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Anyone else on here a member apart from Hoggy ? 

Only a couple Midlands which accounts for 50% of its posters. 😛

13 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Only a couple Midlands which accounts for 50% of its posters. 😛

Should encourage  Lakeyo to join, Morty would love that. The old pals act back together  .  What's not to like?

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

Should encourage  Lakeyo to join, Morty would love that. The old pals act back together  .  What's not to like?

i think you will find that sometime back on here Lakey mentioned he tried to join but was refused by moderator Morty.

11 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Still, take out the ones on here that end in some form of petty point scoring, squabbles or completely irrelevant arguments and it's one more a month than we have.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

i think you will find that sometime back on here Lakey mentioned he tried to join but was refused by moderator Morty.

Aaaah, missed that, Morty shying away from a challenge? Hmmm. 

Running  scared.  LDC  would have made that place a little less like a doctors surgery  waiting room . I joined ages ago but it's not a very interesting place, so dont really  look at it.

Much more  fun on here. 

53 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I thought they’d made up at the pub under supervision? 

8 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:
1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

I thought they’d made up at the pub under supervision? 

There is no animosity, at least on my part.  I was on the forum, the owner there was just a bit aprehensive to start with about me and morty on the same forum, given our history - but as soon as I said something that was construed by the moderator as being controversial (it was just interpreted as controversial, but in realty it wasn't) then I was warned, at which point I gave up - and if your chief protagonist is the chief moderator, then there was no sense in trying and carry on with it.  

7 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

There is no animosity, at least on my part.  I was on the forum, the owner there was just a bit aprehensive to start with about me and morty on the same forum, given our history - but as soon as I said something that was construed by the moderator as being controversial (it was just interpreted as controversial, but in realty it wasn't) then I was warned, at which point I gave up - and if your chief protagonist is the chief moderator, then there was no sense in trying and carry on with it.  

So there was a 10% drop in posters when you left ? 

To clear up some of the nonsense spouted on here, Lakey made 146 posts on Norwichtalk . Slightly ironic that a lot of posters moan about him but then wonder why his rants stopped on there. Funnily enough a certain ex copper made 46 posts on there too, still can’t accept that some people may want to have conversations elsewhere without him it seems 😜

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Surfer said:

It would make more sense than limiting the number of reactions to posts. What’s that about?

27 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

To clear up some of the nonsense spouted on here, Lakey made 146 posts on Norwichtalk . Slightly ironic that a lot of posters moan about him but then wonder why his rants stopped on there.

I tried to toe the line there and like to think I kept the rules. My ONE comment that was taken to task was a perfectly innocuous one - I can't remember the exact wording, but it was something like "nice to see everyone getting on at the pinkun nowadays as well as on Norwich talk" - someone took that personally as being a comment about the pinkun being better since he left - in actual fact it was a compliment to both forums. Shame it wasn't taken like that, but it seems a long time ago! 

14 hours ago, Surfer said:

Just at the moment it seems an appealling idea but wouldn't it just be simpler, quicker and a better all round solution for Pete to bar Keith Scott?

Of course we do get other trolls on here from time to time but off-hand I can't think of any other poster except KS who warrants a complete (and permanent) ban - but for him its long overdue.

31 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Of course we do get other trolls on here from time to time...

Whatever happened to Lincoln Canary?

2 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

To clear up some of the nonsense spouted on here, Lakey made 146 posts on Norwichtalk . Slightly ironic that a lot of posters moan about him but then wonder why his rants stopped on there. Funnily enough a certain ex copper made 46 posts on there too, still can’t accept that some people may want to have conversations elsewhere without him it seems 😜

I’m surprised there’s been 146 posts in total on there.