A video from Tom Trybull's wife was shared by a friend of mine on social media yesterday, the original timed at about 4pm (during our game). It's since been removed altogether.

It was of Tom sat on the sofa looking rather unhappy at home and a caption saying simply: 'for those who asked, Tom is not injured, but thanks for the well wishes'

Don't all players in contention usually travel to away games? If so, seems odd for him not to even travel after playing midweek and therefore in contention for yesterday. The post being swiftly removed suggests a little back tracking too.

Potential fallout, or maybe self-isolating 😁

Edited by Flying Dutchman

12 minutes ago, Flying Dutchman said:

A video from Tom Trybull's wife was shared by a friend of mine on social media yesterday, the original timed at about 4pm (during our game). It's since been removed altogether.

It was of Tom sat on the sofa looking rather unhappy at home and a caption saying simply: 'for those who asked, Tom is not injured, but thanks for the well wishes'

Don't all players in contention usually travel to away games? If so, seems odd for him not to even travel after playing midweek and therefore in contention for yesterday. The post being swiftly removed suggests a little back tracking too.

Potential fallout, or maybe self-isolating 😁

Who knows but we're better off without him anyway ,can't knock his effort but not good enough for us .😁

• Confused 1

He suffered badly from cramp against Spurs so I assume he was rested. Further, Farke wanted an extra striker on the bench (not that it helped in the end).

Just now, sonyc said:

He suffered badly from cramp against Spurs so I assume he was rested. Further, Farke wanted an extra striker on the bench (not that it helped in the end).

Hopefully that's simply the case then. Whether he's good enough or not is secondary to a happy dressing room in our current predicament.

I don’t believe players who are injured/not in the squad usually travel to away games, so I don’t think there’s much in this.  He’s been pretty ordinary this season,  I’m not sure too many of us would have him starting or even on the bench at the expense of those who were.
I certainly don’t see anything remotely ‘odd’ in it, but perhaps it’s good if he’s a bit miffed at missing out as it’ll push him to get back in.

Edited by Branston Pickle

22 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

When you said “a video from Trybull’s wife” my hopes were raised for this thread....

Lol

5 hours ago, CDMullins said:

Adds weight to my belief that something as gone fundamentally wrong in the dressing room.

Why? I think that's adding 2 + 2 and coming up with 5.

He's a player whose place on the bench was taken by someone else. No big deal.

9 hours ago, CDMullins said:

Adds weight to my belief that something as gone fundamentally wrong in the dressing room.

Let's leave that sort of speculation to Lambert's Ipswich please Mr.CD.

Besides there didn't seem much disharmony between players and mangement during the aftermath celebrations after the win at Spurs.

There's always likely to be some friction or other arise in any workplace. It's people.

I like to think that Farke has the respect of players, boardroom and supporters. He has also built a reputation of dealing with miscreants speedily and harshly.

Edited by BroadstairsR

5 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Why? I think that's adding 2 + 2 and coming up with 5.

He's a player whose place on the bench was taken by someone else. No big deal.

Lietner, Stepi, Tom, Hernandez, Mario to some extent pre-Jan all ostracised.

Farhemann, Roberts and Amadou barely kicked a ball.

"But they're not good enough for the Premier League I hear you scream"

Performance hasn't exactly got much better has it??

Duda has had far more chances than Stepi, despite the fact that hes produced the same.

We've somehow ended up with a guaranteed middle three of a 72 year old Alex Tettey, Kenny and Duda, no matter what.

Have results improved, no.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Canary dwarf said:

Who knows but we're better off without him anyway ,can't knock his effort but not good enough for us .😁

He’s a good player

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CDMullins said:

Lietner, Stepi, Tom, Hernandez, Mario to some extent pre-Jan all ostracised.

Farhemann, Roberts and Amadou barely kicked a ball.

"But they're not good enough for the Premier League I hear you scream"

Performance hasn't exactly got much better has it??

Duda has had far more chances than Stepi, despite the fact that hes produced the same.

We've somehow ended up with a guaranteed middle three of a 72 year old Alex Tettey, Kenny and Duda, no matter what.

Have results improved, no.

I agree with some of this but some is a bit of a reach.

Onel has been in and out due to injury as much as anything- harsh to claim he was ostracized.

Fahrmann has in someways been unlucky- Krul has been excellent generally, teams can only have one keeper in the XI and it isn't a position you generally rotate. 

We're bottom of the league. There's not really been any major fallouts or broadcasted problems this season, that's generally unheard of.

45 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

So would you have him in the team if so in place of who.😬

I’d have him instead of Tettey, Tettey looks laboured and Trybull is a better header of the ball

If we were in Sheffield United's position then this thread wouldn't exist.

When your team is doing poorly it's a lot easier to have a grumble and believe you'd do much better than those currently on the pitch.

Think particularly this season we're quite overloaded with central midfielders, most of whom are being kept out by 84-year-old Alex Tettey and we signed 2 more midfielders in January. As someone else said above, a winning camp is always happier.

8 hours ago, CDMullins said:

Stiepermann has had 19 appearances to Duda's 7. 

1 hour ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Stiepermann has had 19 appearances to Duda's 7. 

11 Starts to Duda's 7 out of 7.

So whilst I slightly missed the mark, point stands.