Sign in to follow this  
Northern Canary

Earnshaw may have a good affect on the teams play

I think that having Earnshaw in our team will benifit the way we play, i dont think we are going to see many long balls anymore because there is nobody to aim for.

Surely now that Ashton, a tall target man, has been replaced by Earnshaw (a midget) the team will be forced to play balls on the ground.  they cannot be so stupid that they would hoof it up to McVeigh and Earnshaw, who are tiny, or Hucks who just doesnt head the ball (why?). 

"....Hucks, who just doesnt head the ball (why?)" 

At £150 a throw for all those highlights, would you spoil your hair-do?  [;)]

[quote user="Northern Canary"]

i dont think we are going to see many long balls anymore because there is nobody to aim for.

[/quote]

Obviously you dont go to games that often, we constantly hoof it over McVeigh''s head

And it was still long ball with Johansson and Hendo at Reading;  Hopefully we WILL change with Saffers and Robbo back.

[quote user="Oso Butch"]

"....Hucks, who just doesnt head the ball (why?)" 

At £150 a throw for all those highlights, would you spoil your hair-do?  [;)]

[/quote]

So you DO know what it costs  Oso ! LOL

Safri and Robinson are both good passers of the ball and like to keep it on the ground, thats why they should be our midfield pairing imo. Then we can have hux and Johannson or McVeigh either side to compensate for having no creative midfielder. And then Thorne in the centre with Earnie

I agree Northern - we are an entirely different team with Robbo and Safri is situ;  and hopefully the three signings this week will be a notch up from what we have been seeing.

Sundays team sheet is one of the most eagerly awaited all season;  will hux or wly be dropped, will rehman partner doc, will flem replace colin, will we have the shortest strike force in history? 

I would love to see a side with Johansson, Earnie, Hux and WLY - but I cant see that happening as it would leave us exposed down both flanks with WLY one side and hux the other. Although I do expect JJ and Earnie to start as the strike pair

safri and robbo are our best passers and now they are back we may go back to the nice football of december. Etuhu and SAfri are the best partnership IMO

Didn''t really work like that today. We seemed to hoof it up field for Earnshaw to run onto which didn''t work. Earnshaw''s hold up play didn''t look great and neither did Johansson''s - that''s not what they are about. Maybe we need Thorne up front who can hold the ball up better. Earnshaw could then run off him and if we put JJ on the right wing he could provide crosses for Thorne. Can''t see Earnie and JJ winning many headers from crosses or corners!