Sign in to follow this  
Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man

Simon Power and King's Lynn

On a more positive note from today, King's Lynn won to keep their promotion bid on course and the scorer of their two goals was our loanee Power.

I've never seen Power play, but given that he's 22 in the summer, couldn't get a look in at Ross County in the first half of the season and is now playing in the sixth tier, I think his ship has sailed on making it here.

But as for Lynn, reaching the National League with a second successive promotion would be a phenomenal achievement and great for football in Norfolk. It could easily be used as a partnership between Lynn and Norwich to get younger players their first taste of senior football, like Alfie Payne has experienced this season along with Power.

Two points from top with four games in hand. Hopefully they'll finish the job and the fixture congestion won't hamper them too much.

A home game Tuesday night KO 7.45pm v Bradford PA and i am sorely tempted to pop over and give them a look.

Good to see them doing well.

Could be in the same league as 1P5wich soon😀

• Haha 1

I think KL will go up to the National league and he will stay. Imagine Lynn being just a league away from the football league! 

13 minutes ago, sonyc said:

I think KL will go up to the National league and he will stay. Imagine Lynn being just a league away from the football league! 

It’s a very big county, there’s room for 2.

Brilliant. Going to get down there and give them some support. Hopefully they can make it over the line with their games in hand. 

I would suggest checking it’s still on in the morning as Wroxham’s fixtures are now cancelled until the end of the month 

48 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

I would suggest checking it’s still on in the morning as Wroxham’s fixtures are now cancelled until the end of the month 

National League has just confirmed that all its fixtures in all three divisions will be going ahead as scheduled.

However, with events moving so quickly it's obviously worth a check before you set off. I think I'm going to go along... could be a bumper crowd! 🙂

• Like 1

It is very strange. I mean, they're hardly going to be able to finish the season unimpeded, so why try so hard to cram in one extra game? Still, I'll be going along and trying to cuddle as many people as possible, because I want to get this nonsense over and done with.

18 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

It is very strange. I mean, they're hardly going to be able to finish the season unimpeded, so why try so hard to cram in one extra game? Still, I'll be going along and trying to cuddle as many people as possible, because I want to get this nonsense over and done with.

They probably see it as an opportunity to take in an extra few thousand in gate receipts with none of the professional teams playing. The extra money could make a big difference if there's no football and no money coming in for a long period of time.

• Like 1