Sign in to follow this  
Northern Canary

Fleming or Shackell?

Which would you play on sunday and from now on?

I am not too sure. Fleming is often quite solid but i think against pacy teams he is a real liability. However his experience has proven useful this season. But which one would you choose?

Imo shackell is the better player technically but flem is more experience and perhaps reads things better. I would go for Shackell

[quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"]I''d play Shackell at centre back and Fleming at right back - Colin just hasn''t adapted to the English game!!![/quote]probably agree alex. flem looked a little ropey against watford, not as convincing as he has been, dunno how he did last night.

Shacks for me - the last two managers have dragged flem wide left and out of position, outnumbered the left back behiund hux  and used midfield runners to exploit the gap left behind;   

The worst of flem was on show again on Weds when he laid into charlie with full finger mode when Doyle lost Flem and had a free header in the second half;   He needs a rest and can then come back refreshed as currently he looks jaded.

But I assume shacks is not match fit so I assume rehman will partner the doc...

[quote user="Saint Canary"]I would play Shackell purely on the basis that we need to start looking to build for next season and Flem isn''t getting any younger.[/quote]

Definately, colin has lucked dodgy of late and really should bew dropped. Fleming seems to be struggling a bit at the moment, and we seem to be caught out through the centre. His experience at right back would be useful as i am certain he would do better than colin.