Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

match thread

Glad to see him make a change, not entirely sure it's the right one but better than keeping it the same and just waiting for the inevitable.

Sadly, we're just not good enough.

I'm not sure if it's because of the age old, absence from the team makes me think a player is better than he is but I want Stiepermann on.

Switched to a diamond. Decent decision from Farke I think. Not sure about Buendia right side though! 

Come on Yellows!!

Anyone want to moan about the timing of substitutions or have you found something else to whinge about?

Aren't you moaning about moaning? Did you watch the 1st half?

We should not be surprised that we come under so much pressure because our players are set up to mark a zone, hence they do not pick up runners.  Farke will not change his style of play even though we are being outplayed. She'd Utd midfielders move the ball very quickly, ours dwell on the ball and have it taken off their feet. 45 mins to try and change it and be more competitive.

I look forward to being proved wrong but I just don't see how the Drmic change will give us more of the ball in the middle of the park. We now have 4 in the middle whereas in the first half we had 5.   I would have preferred 352.

Just now, Kanadyan Kanary said:

I look forward to being proved wrong but I just don't see how the Drmic change will give us more of the ball in the middle of the park. We now have 4 in the middle whereas in the first half we had 5.   I would have preferred 352.

Seems promising so far though.

At least we've been more positive at the start of this half. Cantwell was not playing well, so good decision to replace him. 

p.s have I ever mentioned that I hate it when we play in one of our change strips - unless in all red at Everton which was good psychology perhaps, but the last time we wore all grey we caved at Southampton. The last two times we wore yellow and green we beat Spurs and Leicester... fine margins and all that, but important IMO...

Edited by Surfer

Just now, All the Germans said:

Duda off please. I'd be happy for anyone on the bench (apart from McGovern) on to replace him. 

I'd be happy for McGovern to replace him 

1 minute ago, All the Germans said:

Duda off please. I'd be happy for anyone on the bench (apart from McGovern) on to replace him. 

On this evidence, McGovern would still be an upgrade.

2 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

This has been so much better. Kudos to Farke for earlier changes. Would love a point right now.

Really?

We still look 2nd best and by some distance

• Like 1

Just now, Making Plans said:

Really?

We still look 2nd best and by some distance

We looked fifth best in the first half, so definitely better.

• Haha 2

Does anyone know if Duda can run. Just walks about in the middle of the park.

We have to get a point today (minimum). DF knows this with his subs