Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

no excuses for derby, worthy

yeah, yeah, kick start the season, blah, blah. same old story trotted out for another airing - its feb so leaving til now to kick start the season is negligently late in my view.  the table makes for poor viewing this morning - i point off ipswich, who are in 16th place and surrounded by teams like coventry and qpr.  phil brown and souness dispatched this week after poor runs continued, will it be 3 after tomorrow, and i''m not talking about joe royal?  the performances this season at home have been as stale as the missus''s breath first thing (apart from soton & hull).royal says ipswich have injuries and now a flu bug sweeping the squad - it should be like taking candy off a baby (or rather as what reading did to us - humiliate us.  i sincerely hope we come good and stuff em good and proper) but if we can''t beat a depleted ipswich tommorrow, then worthy should do the decent thing and go.  after all, unlike at crewe, if we''re losing tomorrow with 30 mins left, will wly be inclined to come off the bench and score the goals worthy might need - would you?

ipswich to my horror controlled the game completely today.  for long periods they would pass at ease inside our half and our only tactic all match in response was a long ball over the top for earnie and johansson to run onto to. this was a worse display than watford, and another inept display in a winless run of 6 matches.  most worryingly for delia and co, was the lack of crowd noise, especially in the second half. when we had little to cheer about, but the crowd to my mind couldn''t be bothered to get behind the team to encourage better play - just like the players they seem to have given up on city.for worthy, if he hasn''t lost the dressing room i would find it hard to believe.  despite making 2 changes at half time, ipswich carried on where they left off in the first half and looked the stronger side, most likely to score.  Where was the players response after the 2nd goal went in - they offered a big fat zero and seemed resigned to losing as did the crowd.  this ranks as the lowest point in worthy''s city reign - ipswich played better than 2 years ago with a worse side and deserved their victory.  the atmosphere at the ground is half-hearted and it seemed the same on the pitch today.

in my opinion worthy should go - its diffcult to imagine he knows how to revive our fortunes now, and he runs the risk of demoralising the city squad further - this is no way to rebuild for a promotion push for next season.