Sign in to follow this  
Flying Dutchman

Premier League considers bans on over 70's at matches

Breaking news on Sky.

Heads of clubs and the league were summoned by ministers earlier this evening to discuss contingency plans for the Coronavirus. Further meetings to be held Monday. 

I'm sure there will be many points to discuss, but one that sticks out initially is that Roy Hodgson is 72, so what happens there?

Edited by Flying Dutchman

4 minutes ago, Foxy2600 said:

Delia is what? .... 45?? 

Of course it would affect her, as it probably would many club owners and board members I'm sure.

However, she isn't a manager and much less crucial as a presence, which is clearly the point... Also, just an example of the many issues this would raise.

But yeah, cheers for that, I definitely should have listed everyone over 70, starting with spectators 😒

Edited by Flying Dutchman
  • Haha 1

Thank God for that, I was beginning to wonder how I would get up the stairs in my Hazmat suit.

• Haha 2

Anyways - I’m a Delia lover. There’s been no bat soup, monkey glands chipotle over green toast or H5N1 bird droppings joue with a Corona🍹🍷🥡

But if you are an old boy travelling on a jam packed underground train from Kings Cross to Seven Sisters Road - that's not a problem !!!

I'm still of the opinion that the league and the FA cup won't complete.

The behind closed doors is only ok if no player becomes exposed to it. The entire club would have to quarantined in that case.

1 hour ago, ridgeman said:

What would the attendance be at Carrow Road if that was applied!

about 500

Presumably they would block my ST,  which would mean an empty seat. If I went to the box office and tried to buy one I suppose they would then ask for some ID that had my date of birth, ie passport ?

50 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

And very much the wrong 500...😋

But the quality of the dreaded match thread might improve....

🙃

• Like 1

Whoever comes up with this crap???   69 is Ok (I await the wits replying) How about the buses, trains, the tube got to be the worst place for germs. Movie theatres, night clubs, pubs the list is endless. Why don’t all us old fogies form a queue for the crematorium or graveyard 

• Haha 1

Under 70's would need to take ID incase they look old, but can't prove it. Instead of ask 25 it can be ask 65

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, daly said:

Whoever comes up with this crap???   69 is Ok (I await the wits replying) How about the buses, trains, the tube got to be the worst place for germs. Movie theatres, night clubs, pubs the list is endless. Why don’t all us old fogies form a queue for the crematorium or graveyard 

I thought mass burials were the answer.

2 hours ago, ricardo said:

I'm still of the opinion that the league and the FA cup won't complete.

The behind closed doors is only ok if no player becomes exposed to it. The entire club would have to quarantined in that case.

Totally agree. I give it less than 4 weeks. Players will self isolate - refuse to play even if the govt and FA wont.

On Good Morning Britain this morning the Chief Scientific Adviser appeared to be suggesting that the UK would not be following what France and Italy have done regarding large gatherings of people. If I understood it correctly and based on the example he gave, the logic seems to be that somebody with the virus is not going to infect all 70,000 people at a football match, there is a probability that some people would be infected but not as many as would be if the match was played behind closed doors and those people dispersed to various places such as pubs to watch the game on TV, the suggestion being more people would be infected in an enclosed building than would be at a football stadium. I suppose the logical conclusion would be to play behind closed doors and not broadcast the matches if things got that bad........

19 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Best take your bus pass to the Soton game then Tilly.

Just in case. 😉

I doubt even Tilly's birth certificate would be convincing enough...

7 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

This will all be over by October 2021 so no worries Nutty and Smithy.

I expect for some of us it will😷💀

I don't understand them at all. They don't seem to realize that the worst carriers are the fit and healthy younger people who barely show any symptoms or no symptoms at all. Someone coughs on their hand and then grabs a handrail or door handle, and after that person a hundred others touch that same spot, and then after a couple of days they go see grandpa to tell him what a fantastic match it was and too bad he didn't get to see it because of the virus...

They are not taking this seriously.

I don't want to freak too many people out, but if you think shutting down all sports is excessive, go to twitter and search #Iran.

• Like 1