Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Always xxxx on the old blue and white..

Nice. Great marking/gathering by their defensive department!

One question, our very youngest posters and readers will be keen to understand what ‘xxxx’ means. Can you enlighten them all please???

And back when you could afford to go to footy 🙂  Of course inflation and all that has to be taken into account 

NORWICH-CITY-v-IPSWICH-TOWN-84-5-Milk-League.jpg

2 minutes ago, Surfer said:

And back when you could afford to go to footy 🙂  Of course inflation and all that has to be taken into account 

NORWICH-CITY-v-IPSWICH-TOWN-84-5-Milk-League.jpg

Yet look at all those empty seats... Also, how long is it since you heard "here we go" sang at a football match? It was synonymous with footy when I was growing up, can't imagine kids these days would recognise it at all....

Lots of empty seats because the main stand had burnt down the previous October and wasn't used until the replacement (which we're now hoping to replace again!) was opened in 1986.

1 hour ago, City 2nd said:

Oh. Remember that so well. The day it rained 10p pieces!

Also a bit lively in the city pre-match

2 hours ago, Old Shuck said:

Lots of empty seats because the main stand had burnt down the previous October and wasn't used until the replacement (which we're now hoping to replace again!) was opened in 1986.

Thanks for the clarification old shuck, my tongue was firmly in my cheek with that comment though I thought it was segregation due to the flying coinage...

Edited by cornish sam
Note I am not saying I think that now you have given the proper answer, just that's what I guessed it was about...
  • Like 1

A wonderful night and I will never forget it. In fact historically for you younger supporters that was a major turning point in the two clubs fortunes with hindsight because in general since then we have been vastly the better side with only the odd occasions when the ++++ have been in a higher league. They have won zilch since 1981, been into administration and now are at their lowest league place for over 60 years. Happy days! And to add they are in debt to their owner to around £100 million and we have money in the bank and own our ground, training facilities etc when they do not. A lot has changed in the last 35 years. The previous 25 years to that were pretty much the other way. 

Edited by Mutley
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mutley said:

A wonderful night and I will never forget it. In fact historically for you younger supporters that was a major turning point in the two clubs fortunes with hindsight because in general since then we have been vastly the better side with only the odd occasions when the ++++ have been in a higher league. They have won zilch since 1981, been into administration and now are at their lowest league place for over 60 years. Happy days! And to add they are in debt to their owner to around £100 million and we have money in the bank and own our ground, training facilities etc when they do not. A lot has changed in the last 35 years. The previous 25 years to that were pretty much the other way. 

How many years would it take them to have a club to match ours? Just think of the investment in our club over the last ten years beside their 10 years of neglect.

I think the answer could be measured in light years....

It was a game I missed and had to listen to due to my exams! Wasn’t allowed to go as revising! 😢

9 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

How many years would it take them to have a club to match ours? Just think of the investment in our club over the last ten years beside their 10 years of neglect.

I think the answer could be measured in light years....

Their supporters are just beginning to realise this if you ever look at the TWTD forum. The very title of it tells you everything about their club doesn’t it? 
It would still take several years for them to recover with a new multi billion pound owner as those kind of changes do not happen overnight. 

17 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

35 years ago. Have they ever beaten us in a game that meant something?

@JUBWICKS75 🙃💛⚽💚

I have that photo framed and displayed on a wall in one of our spare bedrooms despite disapproval from ' Er indoors.

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I have that photo framed and displayed on a wall in one of our spare bedrooms despite disapproval from ' Er indoors.

You are in good company.😉

14 hours ago, cornish sam said:

Thanks for the clarification old shuck, my tongue was firmly in my cheek with that comment though I thought it was segregation due to the flying coinage...

Sorry fella, thought you were one of the young un's!

13 minutes ago, Old Shuck said:

Sorry fella, thought you were one of the young un's!

I still think of myself as one, though evidence/facts says otherwise...

• Like 1