Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Ashton scores

Well played Deano! nice to see him scorin in the prem again, still love the man!

Mark my words, he''ll lead the hammers into europe and go to the world cup

trust me

[quote user="Beno27"]

Well played Deano! nice to see him scorin in the prem again, still love the man!

Mark my words, he''ll lead the hammers into europe and go to the world cup

trust me

[/quote]Why trust you when most norwich fans already know this?

[quote user="Paul Rankin"]need i say more............[/quote]

Did you think he wouldn''t? But it was against Sunderland...

it was against sunderland, but he will score plenty more against the the best teams in this country. i thought that i might not want ashton to do well, but it turns out im pleased that he scored and i do hope he does really well! he didn''t leave in the best of ways, but certainly did all he could for us imo.

Good luck to the man. Wish he''d stayed, but I can totally understand his reasons for leaving and was quite prepared for it personally.

Get over it. If he had applied himself a bit more and put away more of the golden chances he had we would be in the play-offs. Or was that Worthy shooting wide , over the bar etc and mooching around with the air of someone who blatantly didn''t want to wear the Norwich shirt?

And don''t forget he wanted to leave. Like Francis except for some absurd reasoning Damien (who gave us 3 years including a vital part in promotion) is the devil whilst the latter who barely made 12 months is a God. Let''s have some consistency please.

If Dean Ashton goes to the World cup, it will be because Crouch is injured.

Otherwise - no chance. Owen, Rooney, Bent and Crouch - and then there''s Defoe as well.

And Hammers into Europe? Please God no.

Well done Deano! Well played!

Like afew others, i agree that Deano will be a huge success at Westham and will bang in the goals for fun, consquently getting into the England Squad after the world cup. At the end of the day i think he''ll be worth worth his £7.25m transfer amount.

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."]

Get over it. If he had applied himself a bit more and put away more of the golden chances he had we would be in the play-offs. Or was that Worthy shooting wide , over the bar etc and mooching around with the air of someone who blatantly didn''t want to wear the Norwich shirt?

And don''t forget he wanted to leave. Like Francis except for some absurd reasoning Damien (who gave us 3 years including a vital part in promotion) is the devil whilst the latter who barely made 12 months is a God. Let''s have some consistency please.

[/quote]

The difference between Ashton and Francis?

Ashton stayed after we were relegated to TRY and help us get promotion again, Francis wanted out as soon as we were relegated, yes he may of given us 3 seasons, the championship season he was superb, halfway through the prem season, he was a nobody. Ashton is better than the championship and deserved a move away to further himself, i think Francis has done a decent job of proving he is not light years ahead of the championship, unless you can count benchwarming as an improvement......

As someone else said, West Ham play proper football with wingers, he''ll get good service playing in a team thats full of confidence and he will score alot of goals. He would have to be prolific though too make the world cup, owen and rooney are certaintities, defoe is likely to go, bent scoring goals and crouch is the only target man. If he does go there though it will back up his decision to go, it would show that his ambition was justified and i would be pleased for him.

[quote user="Cantley Canary"]Just to be a little bit catty - did you notice he''s getting a bald patch?[/quote]

It''s been caused by continually scratching his head at the lack of service - expect it grow back now that he gets the odd pass or two.

"Ashton stayed after we were relegated to TRY and help us get promotion again"

Shame he didn''t try harder.

And yes, it was 2 seasons not 3 but the good times seem so long ago that i got carried away with the nostalgia.

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."]

"Ashton stayed after we were relegated to TRY and help us get promotion again"

Shame he didn''t try harder.

And yes, it was 2 seasons not 3 but the good times seem so long ago that i got carried away with the nostalgia.

[/quote]

Although i see your point fillet, it has not been just his doing that we are where we are is it, he tried and did not do what we needed, but then, who has this season, aside from the defence, we have been shocking on the most part

[quote user="Northern Canary"]iv never seen him play as well since last season, he looked so deadly and had loads of balls ALONG THE GROUND.[/quote] Yes couldn''t agree more. He looked quality and more dangerous than he has looked at any point for us this season. I think West Ham will be pleased they paid £7+ million for him! I think this is a good example that no matter how good the striker, they need decent service to perform fully! Worthy - surely you must realise that??

[quote user="Mook"]

If Dean Ashton goes to the World cup, it will be because Crouch is injured.

Otherwise - no chance. Owen, Rooney, Bent and Crouch - and then there''s Defoe as well.

And Hammers into Europe? Please God no.

[/quote]

not askin for an argument, just making a prediction, why is everybody at each others throats you have-a-go-merchant

congratulations deano im glad to see you move away from here and back where you belong in the premiership gd luck