Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Ref for sat

He's done fine the last couple of times he's reffed us. Time to put this ridiculousness to bed now.

Was the ref when we played Sheff Utd at home earlier this season as well.

Although I still find it difficult to forgive him for that disgracefully inept performance at home to Palace, as others have said, he's been fine when he's reffed us since.

I mean he's a poor referee but we don't have an abundance of good one's anymore.

I will keep an eye on him tomorrow and report back. 

To be fair, it's a difficult place to give decisions to the away team and I imagine the home fans there will be buzzing (as far as dour Yorkshire folk ever get buzzy).

This reminds me I had a girlfriend back in the 90s who was a Sheffield United fan living in Norwich.  We both went to the FA cup game (she was with the away fans) when City beat them 1-0 and there was that incredible goalmouth scramble when they hit the woodwork several times in quick succession.  She told me (when we were on speaking terms again a few days later) that from their view at the side of the pitch, they just couldn't understand how it hadn't gone over the line at any point.

Since then Sheff Utd have been pretty poor really, this is the first time they've been doing better than City that I can remember, so I can't begrudge it too much to them.

Didn't he send a Sheffield player off then change his mind. Shouldn't be in the Premier League but then neither should a lot of the others.

3 hours ago, ridgeman said:

Didn't he send a Sheffield player off then change his mind. Shouldn't be in the Premier League but then neither should a lot of the others.

Hooper sent the player off, VAR overturned it