Thirsty Lizard

Team for Sheffield United

6 hours ago, jaberry2 said:

Rupp did shoot on multiple occasions but were just at the keeper. Should of really been on the scoresheet.

He did but not on the occasion where he absolutely needed to and wasted a very good chance, just as he did at Wolves. Feels like if he gets one then a few more goals may follow for him as he does get in some good attacking positions. 

4 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Oi! I can talk for myself!

I think we are seeing certain players coming of age now - Cantwell's penalty and improved effectiveness over the last couple of games has dispelled some doubts imo and Emi on this form should be in. Idah did well too - the maturity is there.

So -

Krul

Aarons Godfrey Hanley Lewis

Tettey Maclean

Emi      Duda   Cantwell

Pukki

Definitely think Vrancic and Idah should get some minutes, especially later in the game when there will be more spaces for them to exploit.

I’m almost with LDC here but I think at the blades we have to keep in the game when their initial high energy game is in flight and then maybe win it later on. I’m tempted to be a little different and move Emi to 10 and rupp to the right hand side to protect against their wing backs. We need to go and win the game but that might require discipline and patience to start with.

3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Yes, me too - it was the least he deserved after his one man running the show job he did away at Burnley.  You have to feel for him a bit, he didn't have a full pre-season and hasn't had as many minutes as we/he thought he might - so to play at his best coming in against a team like Tottenham was a big ask.  He did have some very good moments and his free kick was very close and it was disappointing to see him subbed.

Still think he will have a say this season though - he didn't play every week last season, yet still had a huge part in getting us over the line with his free kicks/goals and assists in the last few matches.  That quality is still in there - just hope we get to see it as the season progresses.

With ball, you could always expect him to cause danger. His passing didn't seem rusty at all and I'm sure he could pass some decent spots for Pukki.

On the other hand, defensively he was consistently causing danger to wrong end as well. For one good attacking chance created, he was giving away couple for opponent. Shame. If he could just up his defensive game and effort, he'd could be good in premier level as well.

Krul

Aarons Zimbo Hanley Lewis

Tettey McLean

Rupp     Duda   Cantwell

Pukki

If Zimbo is available and match fit, I'd really get him back next to Hanley. Playing against team that will likely bully Godfrey in front of goal as he is not best when marking against strong opponents.

I'd want to see Buendia and am bit afraid that without him or Vrancic we really cannot create scoring chances. However, both Rupp and Duda work bit harder and smarter for team so I'd start them.  I'd likely look chance to bring them in later on the game (60 mins or so) to replace Rupp & Duda or Cantwell & Duda (depending if Todd is having a good game or playing with blindfold as sometimes happen).

9 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

I was one screaming for Mario to be included but have to say he didn't impress on Wednesday and we looked far better when Kenny came on.

Duda doesn't impress me too much on the halfway line but against Leicester, he was prepared to shoot. And that is something we haven't done since Marco in the Championship last year.

I would give him one more go there so pretty much agree with the OP. Todd looked out of it during ET on Wednesday and appeared kernackered. I hope he has recovered OK.

he's going score from a free kick soon though.

7 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Yes, me too - it was the least he deserved after his one man running the show job he did away at Burnley.  You have to feel for him a bit, he didn't have a full pre-season and hasn't had as many minutes as we/he thought he might - so to play at his best coming in against a team like Tottenham was a big ask.  He did have some very good moments and his free kick was very close and it was disappointing to see him subbed.

Still think he will have a say this season though - he didn't play every week last season, yet still had a huge part in getting us over the line with his free kicks/goals and assists in the last few matches.  That quality is still in there - just hope we get to see it as the season progresses.

Wait, you were at Burnley?