Sign in to follow this  
KanYe West

Stop slating Colin.

colin has just not adapted to the english game!!!   he is poor in the tackle, cant interpret anything and certainly is not our long term righback.   he is average going forward, i''ll give him that, but i really think we need louis-jean fit to offer him some competition cos colin is gettin a game too easily at the moment

It''s just that he''s one of these Johnny Foreigner chappies who Worthless doesn''t think fits into the Championship league... just like Saffri, Jonnson, Helveg.... [;)]

Good athlete and potentially a decent footballer hampered by having no-one in front of him to pass the ball out of defence to which must be doing his confidence no good.

Yet another young footballer being sacrificed on the Worthington alter of ineptitude.

[quote user="KanYe West"]It angers me to see people moaning at Jurgen Colin. Can people actually tell me whats wrong with him?[/quote]

Sure - like many other players in the Norwich squad he is simply not good enough for a team with any serious premiership ambitions.

No, you''re right, he''s brilliant.

In fact, if he could only tackle, pass and position himself properly he''d probably be in line for a call up to the Dutch national team.

Just watch him for a bit. See where he stands, see how he uses the ball and see how many tackles he gets in.

He cant tackle, his positioning his awful, he''s poor in the air, doesnt mark up  but apart from that he''s absolutely brilliant!

(He has had a lack of cover and still is only young and trying to get used too the english game but, he lacks the basics of defending)

Defensive Positioning-Fanatstic

Crossing - Good (no-one on the end of any of them)

Dribbling - OK

Tackling - Just because hes next to Doc he seems worse than he is

Passing - Accurate

Is it me or is he just a talented young full-back who has a great future [:#]

Even Worthington has lost faith in the Flailing Dutchman...

He is absolutely shocking.  He looks like a lost child during games, he has no idea whatsoever who and how to mark up, consistently let''s wingers get past him to the byline, is caught out of position in every attack.  Doc and Flem have spent most of this season telling him where to stand.

Worst performer in a City shirt for a long time, and that''s saying something.

Paul Dalglish played for Liverpool and Newcastle.

Sometimes strange things happen in football.

[quote user="Mook"]

No, you''re right, he''s brilliant.

In fact, if he could only tackle, pass and position himself properly he''d probably be in line for a call up to the Dutch national team.

Just watch him for a bit. See where he stands, see how he uses the ball and see how many tackles he gets in.

[/quote]

Interestingly Mook, against Inter Milan Colin did everything you state he cannot do, often covering very well for Fleming''s poor positioning, poor heading and lack of pace. Other posters have also highlighted Worthy''s requirement of a full back - to hoof it forward quickly. No wonder the boy hasn''t settled - he will have been brought up to pass the ball and play football predominantly on the ground. A culture shock of the first order with Worthy''s preferred style of play.

I remember Iwan Robert''s first season - he also looked like he could not run, had poor first touch and poor positioning, and he had played in this country all his life!

Perhaps we will see a more composed Colin with a different style of football. Also don''t forget, Louis-jean was probably bought to be the first choice at right back giving Colin time to acclimatise - he has not had this opportunity and so it was always going to be tough for him, being thrown in at the deep end.

I''m sure Breaker''s right. Can''t think of anything worse for a young player trying to settle into a foreign country where he can''t speak the language that well, than trying to fit in to a team that''s playing badly, has no confidence and is (justifiably) under lots of pressure from the fans. In a better world he would have been rested ages ago - Louis-Jean was clearly the short-term option, Colin the one for the future. I can''t believe that he''s as bad as everyone makes out -you get a pretty good footballing education at PSV. But I can believe that he hasn''t settled. The English game, especially in the championship, is light years quicker than the Dutch league. He needs time. Is he getting booed? Shame on you if he is.

Let''s face it, there are enough people to be shouting at right now. Jurgen ain''t one of them.