Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

What I liked about Godfrey last night

Thought he had an immense game and some of his last ditch defending was superb.

But what I liked most was several times he got the ball he really drove out of defence towards midfield.

He's growing as a defender, but can't help thinking we've missed a trick with him in midfield. He'd be box to box, have huge energy and I think he'd be superb from midfield driving us forward.

• Like 1

I agree. His long balls are also impressive. He has got decent vision going forward and, with the way we play, this suits us nicely. 

Whether is at CB or DM he's one for the future and we should keep him if possible. 

Agree. His performance was immense. Possibly his best game this year. That goal line block too!

He gave Emi a right rollicking at one stage for giving the ball away too cheaply. I liked that.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Herman said:

He gave Emi a right rollicking at one stage for giving the ball away too cheaply. I liked that.

Ditto - proper Norwich!!

Hasn’t Jose already been linked with a double swoop for Aarons and Godfrey after last night he might well just go the whole hog and buy Aarons, Lewis, Godfrey, Cantwell and Buendia for £300 million......😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Herman said:

Yeah he really let him have it on that occasion.

Those long deliveries have seemed to be missing a bit this season - Godfrey’s raking crossfires passes led to several goals last season.

There was also one bit yesterday where Emi started to throw his toys a bit (tbf he did look as though was fouled) and a couple of our players seemed to drag him up (in a good way) to get him back on course.

Edited by Branston Pickle

I wonder if we will see him in midfield here. Would love to see him bossing the midfield and making the runs we have seen glimpses of while in defence.

Did anybody else hear Greg Downs prediction that Godfrey will end up as a full back?? There’s been many a conversation about CB or DM and I can see both sides of that, but full back? I quite enjoy radio Norfolk’s coverage of the games but please keep Downs off of it.

9 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

Did anybody else hear Greg Downs prediction that Godfrey will end up as a full back?? There’s been many a conversation about CB or DM and I can see both sides of that, but full back? I quite enjoy radio Norfolk’s coverage of the games but please keep Downs off of it.

There's no doubt that dear old Greg is bat sh*t crazy at times, but Godfrey played his first few games for us as a full back and of course he played there for us a few times last season as well. He's got the pace to play there and he's got the engine to get up and down in the same manner as Aarons and Lewis.

However, it's as clear as the nose on your face that his best position is centre back and those that keep going on in scratched record style saying he should play in central midfield haven't got a clue. 

• Like 1

The best things you seem to like about him are things that are much easier to do from defence than they are from midfield.

4 hours ago, Indy said:

Hasn’t Jose already been linked with a double swoop for Aarons and Godfrey after last night he might well just go the whole hog and buy Aarons, Lewis, Godfrey, Cantwell and Buendia for £300 million......😉

Listening to the Spurs fans after the game, I doubt Mourinho will be in charge by the time the next transfer window opens.

5 hours ago, Indy said:

Up it to £450 million and we might let them have Idah as well.................😉

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

There was also one bit yesterday where Emi started to throw his toys a bit (tbf he did look as though was fouled) and a couple of our players seemed to drag him up (in a good way) to get him back on course.

Yep I noted that too.  One of them was Cantwell, ran straight over to Emi who was sitting on the ground complaining, picked him up, dusted him down and had a word before they both sprinted off together.

Really great leadership qualities shown there for a lad so young. Todd is becoming a top class pro and a real role model, proud to see him develop.

Edited by Norwich R Us
  • Like 3

'Give Godfrey a go at DM' is the new 'Aarons can go if we loan him back for the season' 

• Haha 1