Sign in to follow this  
NorthCarolinaYellow

Southampton Tickets?

Greetings friends! Long time lurker, first time poster.

My wife and I are new (2012-) but enthusiastic fans travelling over from the States to London next week and we would love to make the Southampton match our first ever Norwich game. Sadly, tickets sold out on the club's website the first day and we are at a loss as to what to do next. Stubhub, which we often use, doesn't have anything listed right now. There is a site called "livefootballtickets" that has 2 listed ... but it looks a bit dodgy? We would hate to spend the money, take the train up, and go all that effort to be scammed. Any other websites folks might recommend? Or ticket shops in London? I did notice that a few days before the Leicester match a few tickets did show up on the club website ... is that normal? We could wait until the last minute and see if we get lucky that way.

Basically, I would love any help about how to get 2 tickets. Anywhere aside from the away section would be fine. We're willing to spend a fair bit. If we can't make it we'll find a pub in London or, who knows, maybe we'll take the train up anyways and have a lovely couple of days in Norwich even if we can't see the game!!

Lovely stuff last night. Krul, Aarons, and Godfrey shared MOTM for us.

#OTBC #COYY

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, NorthCarolinaYellow said:

My wife and I are new (2012-) but enthusiastic fans travelling over from the States to London next week and we would love to make the Southampton match our first ever Norwich game. Sadly, tickets sold out on the club's website the first day and we are at a loss as to what to do next. Stubhub, which we often use, doesn't have anything listed right now. There is a site called "livefootballtickets" that has 2 listed ... but it looks a bit dodgy? We would hate to spend the money, take the train up, and go all that effort to be scammed. Any other websites folks might recommend? Or ticket shops in London? I did notice that a few days before the Leicester match a few tickets did show up on the club website ... is that normal? We could wait until the last minute and see if we get lucky that way.

Basically, I would love any help about how to get 2 tickets. Anywhere aside from the away section would be fine. We're willing to spend a fair bit. If we can't make it we'll find a pub in London or, who knows, maybe we'll take the train up anyways and have a lovely couple of days in Norwich even if we can't see the game!!

#OTBC #COYY

The Soton game isn't being shown live on TV so doubt you will find a pub showing the match.

The hospitality packages are all sold out so your best bet is to keep trying the club as they usually get returns a bit nearer the date.

Welcome, NCY! Hope you hang around and post on here regularly, it's a great way to stay in touch with the club from afar.

I'd keep visiting this forum regularly, and maybe bump your post every couple of days just in case anyone on here hears of a couple going spare. I'd also email the box office directly explaining your predicament, and it might be that someone there can find a way of helping you out.

Or maybe someone on here knows someone with an executive box, who might be prepared to welcome a couple of guests of honour from across the pond... you never know!

Finally, have you ever visited Norwich before? Either way, I'd definitely recommend coming up to Norwich for the weekend. I'm sure you'll find some friendly City fans to drink with around the city on a matchday.

Good luck!

On 05/03/2020 at 18:34, Feedthewolf said:

Welcome, NCY! Hope you hang around and post on here regularly, it's a great way to stay in touch with the club from afar.

I'd keep visiting this forum regularly, and maybe bump your post every couple of days just in case anyone on here hears of a couple going spare. I'd also email the box office directly explaining your predicament, and it might be that someone there can find a way of helping you out.

Or maybe someone on here knows someone with an executive box, who might be prepared to welcome a couple of guests of honour from across the pond... you never know!

Finally, have you ever visited Norwich before? Either way, I'd definitely recommend coming up to Norwich for the weekend. I'm sure you'll find some friendly City fans to drink with around the city on a matchday.

Good luck!

This is all very helpful!! Thank you.

• Like 1

On 05/03/2020 at 15:20, NorthCarolinaYellow said:

#OTBC #COYY

Welcome to the forum NCY! 

It will certainly be a good idea to email the ticket office directly and share your predicament. 

Normally tickets become available closer to the game when people put their unwanted tickets onto buy back but there are rarely two together. 

Hopefully you will get some. 

• Like 1

On 07/03/2020 at 04:41, Mutley said:

Welcome to the forum NCY! 

It will certainly be a good idea to email the ticket office directly and share your predicament. 

Normally tickets become available closer to the game when people put their unwanted tickets onto buy back but there are rarely two together. 

Hopefully you will get some. 

Thank you! I've prepared the wifey for the fact she might have to sit alone. Hopefully she'll survive without me! 😀

I've contacted the club via the website and we now have our fingers crossed. Thank you to everyone for their posts and messages. I won't bump this anymore so we can get back to the usual.

#COYY #OTBC