Sign in to follow this  
Gamera

Promotion or 6-0?

Thinking on the way home today would I give up my job to see Norwich beat the scum 6-0 on sunday....I thought why not. But then I am only 19 with a pretty substandard job, not sure many of you would give up your family fuelling careers. So a different approach. See us promoted this season or thrash Ipswich 6-0.

Promotion every time. I dont really get stuck into the whole derby thing like most do. Its fun to dislike them, but I dont hate them. Infact nearly all the Ipswich fans ive met have been pretty decent people. But as we are local rivals, its fun to have a rivalry with lots of banter, but thats as far as it goes for me. The only team I can genuinely say I hate is Wolves. Fans, ex-manager, and the team. (And of course having our bus pelted with stones on the way back from the play-off second leg, whilst travelling through a red light district)

[quote user="Trent Canary"]

Promotion every time. I dont really get stuck into the whole derby thing like most do. Its fun to dislike them, but I dont hate them. Infact nearly all the Ipswich fans ive met have been pretty decent people. But as we are local rivals, its fun to have a rivalry with lots of banter, but thats as far as it goes for me. The only team I can genuinely say I hate is Wolves. Fans, ex-manager, and the team. (And of course having our bus pelted with stones on the way back from the play-off second leg, whilst travelling through a red light district)

[/quote]

oh the stone bus days, a nice wolves fan decided to give me his cup of coke after the final whistle too, but from the way it was dropped from the buggers above i quickly found out its not the best shampoo. but for the question concerned its promotion everytime, altho beating Ipswich is always good, living in Ipswich my gloating as to be kept fairly quiet as im only 5ft 6 and the average Ipswich fan weighs 20st and would use me as an arm chair.

I don''t know how anyone can use the words ''promotion'' or ''beat Ipswich'' at all right now - both are as unlikely as the other.

[quote user="pete"]A silly post but attracted a fair number of posts, however you feel play offs unlikely, I know not mathematically impossible but you still cling to the impossible dream, play offs looked miles off in Oct/Nov[/quote]

Impossible dream ? - it''s a bloody nightmare

i dont care if we never beat Ipswich again if we got promoted and stayed consistently better than them over time

jas :)

[quote user="GreenoForEngland"][quote user="Trent Canary"]

[/quote]

oh the stone bus days, a nice wolves fan decided to give me his cup of coke after the final whistle too, but from the way it was dropped from the buggers above i quickly found out its not the best shampoo. but for the question concerned its promotion everytime, altho beating Ipswich is always good, living in Ipswich my gloating as to be kept fairly quiet as im only 5ft 6 and the average Ipswich fan weighs 20st and would use me as an arm chair.

[/quote]

Ah the lower tier, how genius to stuck us underneath all the idiot wolves fans who could throw as much at us as they saw fit.

Its a shame because it was one of the best atmospheres ive ever witnessed. You always know your onto a winner when the police get on the coach and say "Dont go through the tunnel near the ground, you will probably get mugged"