Prize money earned so far from the FA Cup.

Add to that TV money etc then we've probably got back most of what we spent on players this season.

Win the next game and we get another £720,000 from the prize fund and then even Semi Final losers get another £900k.

For a Club like us that sort of money is not to be sniffed at

• Like 1

675k plus a share of gate receipt money., Byram spend back in pot. Short of money we are not. 

Players will likely all have lots of bonuses linked to cup progression, much like last year when we had to spend a reported 10m on bonuses from promotion I'd wager most if not all of the prize money has gone on player bonuses. Webber likes to heavily incentivise contracts so it wouldn't surprise me. 

2 hours ago, Making Plans said:

These sort of comments really annoy me. We are not a small club and we are not tinpot. We shouldn't expect to be bottom of the pile all of the time. We are a Premier League yo-yo club earning huge amounts of money from this. We're not Norwich United or someone like that where a cup run cash injection is like having 2 Christmases come at one. Start believing we should be an established Prem team, pushing for top half in the very near future as this is where our stature should place us.

• Like 1

I agree that the money isn't to be sniffed at. While I don't know how much bonuses are to be paid out I doubt very much it's even close to cancelling out what we have earned. We may have paid out a lot for promotion last season but even that's small in comparison to all the money coming in from it.

In 2017 our league cup run that ended up in defeat at the Emirates resulted in around a 700k+ income for the club I believe, money that was used for improvements to the training ground (floodlights?)

Once you factor in gate receipts and tv revenue I imagine we are someway north of 1M for this FA cup run. it all adds up. For teams like us putting money aside for future ground works or whatever any extra income over the season could be quite helpful.

3 hours ago, Making Plans said:

Prize money earned so far from the FA Cup.

Add to that TV money etc then we've probably got back most of what we spent on players this season.

Win the next game and we get another £720,000 from the prize fund and then even Semi Final losers get another £900k.

Seriously? 

Byram cost an alleged £750K. A conservative estimate for wages would be £30K a week, so that’s £1.5 million on top of the £750K.

Then there’s loan fees for Fahrmann and Amadou, possibly Roberts, and of course wages, which must be £10s of thousands a week. And then we got Rupp and Duda and similar expenditure again.

Our actual spend on loans and Byram this season is easily somewhere north of £10 million. And this obviously ignores wage rises and bonuses for existing players.

3 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Considering you get £100m for finishing bottom of the Premier League, it's a drop in the ocean. It's the reason why Premier League clubs don't take it seriously in the earlier rounds any more.

May be it is by comparison, but I don't see that as the point.

ALL income is important to NCFC even down to the catering.This cup run is proving more than decent to us financially.The OP is correct.It gives us that little bit more clout in the transfer market or mitigates against the costliness of the likes Roberts, Farhmann etc.

I also believe that gate receipts are underrated.Full houses for every league game is guaranteed income for a business which is expensive to run. ALSO in the FA Cup the home side does not get the hog's share of  income as they do in the league (I believe the visitors get expenses only.). I think it is shared out equally between the two clubs (after the FA's cut and expenses.) There were 58, 000 there last night. That's over £1.5m

Edited by BroadstairsR

3 hours ago, Chumino said:

675k plus a share of gate receipt money., Byram spend back in pot. Short of money we are not. 

Gate receipts will have been around £1.2m last night and I believe they are split 45/45/10 for the FA Cup so at least £500k.

I'm not sure about TV money as there was something dodgy with betting companies so don't know if we get the full amount for red button/iplayer coverage. I also believe the prize money is cumulative so it's £1.8m total for the winners, £900k for the runners up etc.

In any case it's a nice bonus which we've not experienced in recent years.

4 minutes ago, Petriix said:

I also believe the prize money is cumulative so it's £1.8m total for the winners, £900k for the runners up etc.

It's not. It's prize money handed out for each round - also the winners get 3.6M this year.

winning the FA cup from a round 3 start would get you about 6.8M in prize money. In fact getting to the semi final is quite a bonus because not only do you get 720k for winning the QF, you would also get another 900k just for losing the semi final. The prize money doubled starting last season.

http://www.thefa.com/competitions/thefacup/more/prize-fund