Did really well last night and not just the penalty.

What a prospect he is and he did so much better than Parrot who is supposed to be the next big thing.

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

Did really well last night and not just the penalty.

What a prospect he is and he did so much better than Parrot who is supposed to be the next big thing.

Too true - they were blathering in the commentary about how 'the stage was set for Parrot to score and write his FA Cup script ' - in reality he was totally outshone by Idah. And Adam showed him how to take a penalty too. 

• Like 2

To be honest, I thought Idah did ok, with the exception of a good penalty kick. He could still benefit from going out on loan, as I dont think he's up to first team standards at present. Just my opinion before everyone starts for him to be starting every game.

He seems a confident lad who didn't once look out of place against top opposition

Drmic had a few moments and tried hard, but I'd prefer to start with Idah should the need arise.

I was longing for the introduction of Pukki long before the end of even normal time but in the end the means were justified and TM was totally rested and will now likely recover more quickly from his 'flu inorder to taunt the Blades on Saturday.

I think he's more advanced than that jaberry. Let's keep this boy in the locker, traning with his teammates and learning the Farke way.

Edited by BroadstairsR

15 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

To be honest, I thought Idah did ok, with the exception of a good penalty kick. He could still benefit from going out on loan, as I dont think he's up to first team standards at present. Just my opinion before everyone starts for him to be starting every game.

He looked completely at home to me. He won't be going on loan anywhere 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Too true - they were blathering in the commentary about how 'the stage was set for Parrot to score and write his FA Cup script ' - in reality he was totally outshone by Idah. And Adam showed him how to take a penalty too. 

Yes I had a wry smile when they'd said that and Parrot's penalty was then saved.

Also so impressed with the penalty from Idah, talk about playing with no fear, to do that in one of the top stadiums in the country with the home fans shouting at you from behind the goal - immense.

1 hour ago, jaberry2 said:

Thought he looked cool and composed. Took the safe option with possession but that was exactly what was required. He's going to be some player- possibly as early as next season.

He’s a beast for his age. So composed as well. If we get relegated I can see him fighting for a first team place. Loaned out if we manage to stay up. 

He was decent. I also liked his confidence and needs to play more. 

I'm not saying start him every game but he does offer us some height and strength when needed. 

Looked entirely out of his depth when he started against Man U in the Prem, but seems to relish the Cup! Definitely a great prospect, a physical beast for his tender age. He's only going to grow and get better imo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jaberry2 said:

Mostly agree. He was decent, but nothing special. He did not look below the standard or particularly threatening either. I'm unsure how people think he did well; he didn't do badly but that is not the same as doing well.

I think he will be a good player for us, but I'd like to avoid us building him up after decent game(s) and when he has a less than decent game, slate him as being over rated / not good enough.

The penalty was definitely better than decent!

• Like 2

I imagine the rightfully so upsurge of Idah will see Clinton Morrison moving on sooner rather than later. Idah certainly has everything about him, physicality, strength, pace and an eye for a pass and he strikes a ball really, really well and hs running of the channels  between defenders is impressive. He has learnt very quickly. He is streets ahead of Morrison IMO, and I don’t see him going out on loan, but continuing his Farke upbringing amongst the first team squad.

6 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Absolutely terrific penalty and good play on the left hand side for over an hour.

Who would have thought he would be brought on to play on the left of the pitch......

😉

He was only there cos Dorrans left us.👍😄🤔

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

I imagine the rightfully so upsurge of Idah will see Clinton Morrison moving on sooner rather than later. Idah certainly has everything about him, physicality, strength, pace and an eye for a pass and he strikes a ball really, really well and hs running of the channels  between defenders is impressive. He has learnt very quickly. He is streets ahead of Morrison IMO, and I don’t see him going out on loan, but continuing his Farke upbringing amongst the first team squad.

Presume you mean Carlton Morris. Agree with everything else you wrote though. 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Presume you mean Carlton Morris. Agree with everything else you wrote though. 

All those sightings of him in Asda over the years, and he was here all the time! Who knew?

7 hours ago, BobLoz3 said:

Looked entirely out of his depth when he started against Man U in the Prem, but seems to relish the Cup! Definitely a great prospect, a physical beast for his tender age. He's only going to grow and get better imo.

I didn't think that he looked any more out of his depth that day than any of our other 9 outfield players on the pitch. 

17 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

I didn't think that he looked any more out of his depth that day than any of our other 9 outfield players on the pitch. 

Ha! Fair comment

The thing with Idah is that he could play with his back to goal a bit which is different to our other strikers