Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Why we face relegation and what supporters can do.

16 points from our first 15 games and we need at least 11 from our last 15 to reach 50 points and possible safety.

0.73 points per game and this season we have averaged 1.25. We should be okay but we cannot afford to lose too many more or this ratio will rise: and we are worse now than we have been all season.

In January we lost three and drew one (plus a cup defeat) so our current form is only one third of what we need to avoid relegation (0.25 points per game).

I have supported City a long time and can sense the mood at the ground and it is grim.

I honestly don''t think the players know what Worthington wants them to do or else do not believe in his tactics.

How we attracted Earnshaw I do not know. I hope to God he can turn things around but the side looks so demoralised and disfunctional it is difficult to see where the goals will stop being leaked and the goal scorers will start being supplied.

February is massive and I personally miss two home games and cannot feel too dispondent about it.

Earlier on this season I posted that we were in a relegation battle. We rallied briefly and flirted with hopes of the Play Offs until the pathetically under resourced squad took it''s toll.

The situation is again clear. we are in a relegation battle which if we survive it will be in large part due to the Christmas goals of a player who we don''t know will be staying at the end of the season.

As most of you know, the bottom three at the start of a run in seldom all go down and one side (and it has been us before) drops out of nowhere and cannot stop the slide into oblivion.

Like most of you I feel all manner of emotions over our current plight, but relegation would be an unmittigated disaster and supporters cannot afford to add fuel to the fire at this stage.

Forget the individuals for now as they can be unforgiven in the future. Let''s all keep our nerve because the only thing that matters is what happens on the pitch. Turmoil around the players might be the last required element to make our season collapse.

We know where we are now and we have to support what we have got and I don''t mean a Fulham style ''fiddle while Rome burns scenario.''

If anyone can suggest a better option please tell me?

Make this 11 points required from 14 games.

0.78 per game and rising.

Current average 1.21 and falling.

Current home run = 3 consecutive losses.

Current League form 1 draw 4 defeats (plus an FA Cup defeat)

Average points per league game on current form = 0.2 a quarter of what we need.

I was in an optimistic mind today until I saw the team sheet. Johansson is not a target man, I expected him to play wide right. Etuhu is not creative and I expected him to play with Safri and Robinson who I expected to start. Huckerby was benched making us even more narrow and our sole target man was absent (Thorne).

So, we had no target man for the direct approach and no wingers to get around the defence as an alternative.

When the game began: once more our midfield was two yards off the pace. I thought our biggest threat was Hughes forward runs and crosses, I had hoped he would play right back and still do this job.

Earnshaw got no supply and it was infuriating to see him, like Ashton, playing with his back to goal.

I am worried that we are now in a rut and free-falling.

I was pleased with Rehman but cannot see where our next clean sheet is coming from.

I am glad to be missing the next two games. I wish we could all miss a game and send a big message to the Board. This requires a little self-sacrifice to make a point and would be the quickest way to bring matters to a head.

A couple of excellent posts rude old - I agree with the comment about the next clean sheet - and to be honest it is not the back 4 fault.  Rehman impressed and doc has been excellent.   The problem with our conceeding goals, imo, all stems from teh midfield.

As I posted earlier in the week we simply cannot play all 4 of Johansson, Earnshaw, Zipper and Hux - it simply means an over run midfield and and over exposed defence - just as we saw today.   Sadly playing three of them also seems beyond us having seen the first half again... Having said that Zipper was everywhere again today and worked his socks off - seeing him 1-1 with lee when he had his free header was scary but at least he was there (why flem didnt cover Lee is another issue altogether but highlights a lack of communication and teamwork )

The need for those natural wide midfielders was all to clear today.

yes we know that worthington is doing bad but lets face the truth we will most certinely not get relegated so lets not think about that and lets get behind the team this tuesday night and maybe carrow road will be buzzing again like we all now it can be "come on, lets be avin ya"

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

I was in an optimistic mind today until I saw the team sheet. Johansson is not a target man, I expected him to play wide right. Etuhu is not creative and I expected him to play with Safri and Robinson who I expected to start. Huckerby was benched making us even more narrow and our sole target man was absent (Thorne).

So, we had no target man for the direct approach and no wingers to get around the defence as an alternative.

When the game began: once more our midfield was two yards off the pace. I thought our biggest threat was Hughes forward runs and crosses, I had hoped he would play right back and still do this job.

Earnshaw got no supply and it was infuriating to see him, like Ashton, playing with his back to goal.

I am worried that we are now in a rut and free-falling.

I was pleased with Rehman but cannot see where our next clean sheet is coming from.

I am glad to be missing the next two games. I wish we could all miss a game and send a big message to the Board. This requires a little self-sacrifice to make a point and would be the quickest way to bring matters to a head.

[/quote]agree completely with your analysis of the line up rude old.  playing a high ball upto earnie or johannson was akin to flushing fivers down the toilet.  theres a lack of confidence amongst the players and it was clear for all to see today against a free flowing passing ipswich side.

Paul Rankin wrote

I really hate these posters whom cannot keep their posts brief and my word this is the longest of the lost Hucker

Not as long as my Minky Porpoise Paul!

This is of course the exception and not the rule for me and I do employ paragraphs.

You probably do not understand why I keep reviving this thread.

I do so because I do not believe supporters are apreciating the reality of our position.

The way we are playing....we are in freefall and it is a difficult thing to stop.

Hull have a big incentive to beat us, and it is a difficult place to go to in February. They are only three points behind us.

I am concerned that we will lose all of our remaining away matches.

We need 11 points and have only 7 home games left. Look at the opposition...the next two games are huge in terms of points required.

If we win four and lose three it might just be enough, but it is looking close. When you index in the fear factor of a few more poor results then it is going to be a real challenge.

Wake up everyone! Look at the main issue. I want Worthington out but a change of Management now is a risk. It might turn us around or it might be harmful. I think the Board are crossing everything and hoping to limp home with what we have got.

Let me help you revive this thread that you are enjoying Rudolph, because I do agree with you, the next two games are critical. If they go the wrong way, we will be dragged clearly into the relegation battle. If they go the right way, particularly as it relates to Brighton, then we should find ourselves surviving.

On a lighter note, I really don''t think, for the most part, that you use paragraphs....you use sentences and separate them as one should a paragraph. A paragraph is a distinct passage that defines its point. You usually fail to tie your sentences together to do that but, rather separate them into paragraphs. For example, in your last post, you say you don''t believe supporters are appreciating the reality of our position. Without defining what you mean you then begin a new paragraph. My comments are not intended to irritate you but rather help you because, as you comment on this so often, I know it''s important to you.

Thank you Septic and I have to say I agreed with your thread and posts on the ''back pocket'' theme.

You appear to be correct about paragraphs and I do seperate my sentences. I do this out of ''reader consideration'' and for the same reason try to make my points concise.