Sign in to follow this  
daly

Journey home

Anyone heard if the travelling fans managed the 11.30  train

On my Surbiton train - a lot later than it was meant to be but well worth it🙂👍

I guess the late train will not arrive in the Fine City until well after 2am, plenty of bleary eyed people at work tomorrow!!

Edited by Branston Pickle

Parked at Stratford. Didn't reach car until 00.10, then diversion at Thetford really didn't help in the staying focused dept, but finally got back at 3. Feel zombie like this morning, but don't have to worry about work today. Awesome

• Like 1

We queued for ages for a train at Northumberland Park, got back to the car at Redbridge at nearly midnight then had night closures of the M11 to contend with. Got home at 2.30. All worth it for a great result though.

1 minute ago, Northluck C said:

We queued for ages for a train at Northumberland Park, got back to the car at Redbridge at nearly midnight then had night closures of the M11 to contend with. Got home at 2.30. All worth it for a great result though.

Same. We arrived at Seven Sisters (before the game - anyone else see Timm Klose trying to get a train also?) but the trains were packed, so decided to walk to ground. Afterwards went to Northumberland Park and queued like you Northluck. Have experienced similar when going to Twickenham, and fans just have to build that into their matchday 'experience', but it does make it a whole lot worse at 11.30 p.m when you have a long drive to contend with!! 🙂 

Yeah - of course I’m stating the obvious here with 20k extra people but it’s really noticeable how much slower it is getting away from the new stadium at Northumberland Park or WHL than the old ground. Superb stadium though!

27 minutes ago, Northluck C said:

Northluck... Pro Evo reference??

Parked near to ground, so had to wait until roads reopened and then with M11 and A64 closures didn’t get home to Scarborough until 5.20am. Worth every minute to watch us dominate and finally get our just rewards from a game and to visit a ground as I couldn’t get to the League game a few weeks ago that was hugely impressive. 

• Like 2

We walked the mile and a half to Tottenham Hale station and only had to queue for about 5 minutes to get on the Victoria Line.  I was back at Marylebone station with plenty of time to make my last quick train home to High Wycombe at 00:01.

21 minutes ago, Northern Canary said:

Parked near to ground, so had to wait until roads reopened and then with M11 and A64 closures didn’t get home to Scarborough until 5.20am. Worth every minute to watch us dominate and finally get our just rewards from a game and to visit a ground as I couldn’t get to the League game a few weeks ago that was hugely impressive. 

Brilliant effort to get there from so far.  👍

1 hour ago, BobLoz3 said:

Northluck... Pro Evo reference??

Correct! Northluck C. was the naff unlicensed name given to us on Pro Evo back in the day. I actually don’t know if it still is as I haven’t bought or played PES in years?!

• Like 1

We had an eventful journey back. Massive queues at Northumberland Park. Then a train broke down at Stratford resulting in a long  wait to get a train to Brentwood. And then into the car and onto the A12 (I live near a couple of smaller teams, COLCHESTER and IPSWICH) and the road was closed at COLCHESTER so long diversion. It must have been a night for road closures reading the other post,  and we finally arrived home at 2am. Thoroughly worth it!!!