Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Krul's bottle

I love Krul. Such a character for us, such a leader, so important in a young team. Been outstanding for us all season.

Im prepared to lose the talented youngsters, realistically their futures are elsewhere, but I would be gutted if we lost him

• Like 7

I met him on promotion parade day - genuinely one of the nicest guys in football - he was late to meet the team but changed direction to come over and have a chat before he went up. Top man.

Lots of Spurs fans whining at Krul advancing off his line. 

Vorm did the same. The forward motion allows greater spring but watching it again the Spurs players were halting their run ups, Krul has to anticipate the kick so will set off ahead of it if they pause. Quid pro quo. 

Spurs got away with a number of bookings including that shocking tackle on Cantwell which was at least an orange. 

Skipp had a good game but should also have received two yellow cards, especially for chopping down Cantwell as he ran in on goal. 

The free kick leading to Vertongens goal was soft and came after the ref played on from a Spurs player being fouled. The ref didn't return to the original foul on the half way area but gave an advantage when the Spurs player fell over trying to turn inside Buendia. 

Spurs have no cause to complain. The right team won. 

The commentators on iPlayer were saying that the new goalkeeper rules had been relaxed in England and keepers were allowed to a be a step off their line at penalties, I hadn’t heard of this but I guess it would explain the leniency.

At the point of contact by the kicker, the keeper should have a part of one foot on the line, but can move one foot forward so really not sure there’s much to complain about by those pundits and Spurs supporters.

8 hours ago, Ramrod said:

Spurs have no cause to complain. The right team won. 

You can say that again! I was not impressed by Spurs to say the least... They were cr*p

And to think, so many people were prepared to write King Krul off when he had a few dodgy moments at the start of his time with us.

I've always liked him and we are lucky to have him!

• Like 1

Did anyone see the Norwich episode in BBC's Football stars in ugly cars series?  (Perhaps it's still available on Iplayer.) The episode features Tim, Todd and Kenny.  Krul has some really funny moments and one-liners in it. Comes though as a top guy.   

Edited by Budapest Canary
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, BobLoz3 said:

And to think, so many people were prepared to write King Krul off when he had a few dodgy moments at the start of his time with us.

I've always liked him and we are lucky to have him!

And a lot assumed Fahrmann would simply become our first choice keeper this season. Understandably rusty at the beginning of last season, he then became integral to the team and squad, and that importance and leadership has only grown since promotion. 

• Like 1

I had my doubts start of last season about krul. Thought his best days where behind him. I'm glad I am wrong. He is a great character and good for the dressing room.