Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

match thread

16 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

Thank God we didn't have to rely on Drmic to take the last one.

BTW, did he go off at half time?

How dumb are you exactly? Is it quantifiable?

• Like 1

Krul, Lewis, Hanley, Aarons and Cantwell were excellent, Buendia and Drmic were pretty good as well. Mclean was superb when he came on and made a big difference. Also a word for Idah and Cantwell for stepping up and cooly slotting away those penalties, that took balls, look how the young Spurs players wilted even in front of their own fans for comparison. Brilliant composure!

We defended really well given our limitations against a big, fast side. Our defending is strange. We look really good when the opposition is ia little bit off the pace and we look excellent in desperate times when they throw the alamo at us. It's when the opposition's tempo is fast and confident but not too gung ho is when we seem to struggle the most, if we could bottle the mentality we have when our backs are against the wall and utilize it in games when the pressure is on but isn't quite at boiling point we'd concede a lot less goals.

It's almost like we need that tension and atmosphere for every player to focus 100%. I never felt like we'd concede from about 80 minutes and we always look really solid in these situations.  But usually in games, when the atmosphere is flatter, there's less at stake and the opposition just turn it up a gear and pile a bit of pressure on we look extremely vulnerable, It's frustrating because we often show that we can really defend well sometimes. 

So basically 7 pages of moaning followed by a few posts of "yay we scored" before more whining followed by "yay we won on pens"🙃

Support in the stadium came over really well though. 💛💚🙃

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

A superb win and performance, I felt they left everything on the pitch. Set piece was disappointing to concede, but we really grew into the game and created a number of decent chances. 

I was really disappointed to have my experience of the game ruined by a 'fan' sat behind me who moaned the whole game, told kids to shut up for showing support, repeatedly shouted at how boring the game was and how we 'were so **** he didn't care if we won or lost' . To top it off, he said the first half was the worst he's ever seen us play.

In the unlikely event he reads this, Row 24, seat 555 - never come to a Norwich game again. 

Edited by HertsCanary93

32 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

Krul, Lewis, Hanley, Aarons and Cantwell were excellent, Buendia and Drmic were pretty good as well. Mclean was superb when he came on and made a big difference. Also a word for Idah and Cantwell for stepping up and cooly slotting away those penalties, that took balls, look how the young Spurs players wilted even in front of their own fans for comparison. Brilliant composure!

We defended really well given our limitations against a big, fast side. Our defending is strange. We look really good when the opposition is ia little bit off the pace and we look excellent in desperate times when they throw the alamo at us. It's when the opposition's tempo is fast and confident but not too gung ho is when we seem to struggle the most, if we could bottle the mentality we have when our backs are against the wall and utilize it in games when the pressure is on but isn't quite at boiling point we'd concede a lot less goals.

It's almost like we need that tension and atmosphere for every player to focus 100%. I never felt like we'd concede from about 80 minutes and we always look really solid in these situations.  But usually in games, when the atmosphere is flatter, there's less at stake and the opposition just turn it up a gear and pile a bit of pressure on we look extremely vulnerable, It's frustrating because we often show that we can really defend well sometimes. 

The weirdest thing is the number of times we hit our own players when attempting to clear. Never seems to happen to other teams.

3 minutes ago, HertsCanary93 said:

A superb win and performance, I felt they left everything on the pitch. Set piece was disappointing to concede, but we really grew into the game and created a number of decent chances. 

I was really disappointed to have my experience of the game ruined by a 'fan' sat behind me who moaned the whole game, told kids to shut up for showing support, repeatedly shouted at how boring the game was and how we 'were so **** he didn't care if we won or lost' . To top it off, he said the first half was the worst he's ever seen us play.

In the unlikely event he reads this, Row 24, seat 555 - never come to a Norwich game again. 

Was he posting on the match thread by any chance? 🙃

Having been at the game behind the goal I am totally hoarse. Saw the goal we conceded coming a mile off, yet somehow we managed to defend every other corner really well. There were times where the ball seemed to fall in totally the most unlucky place, either right in front of their player in the box or hit another of our players instead of being blasted down the pitch. But we played into the game and defended like lions, looked nice and comfortable on the ball and even with some players obviously showing a bit of rust we held it together. Spurs totally bottled the shootout and we went mental.

Shout out to Krul, Godfrey and Aaron’s who all played out of their skins.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, curious yellow said:

Jamal had a great game. 

Agreed so proud of him ,he was shocking this season but he's pulled it around.😄

I couldn't have dreamt of a better away day! I had a good view of the pitch and people around me were friendly!!! We showed grit and determination.  Our GK is top! After that start to a penalty shoot out...quite amazing to come through OTBC

Edited by ROBFLECK
  • Like 1

It appears that both Aarons and Lewis are spending far more time in the opposition half much as they did last season.

They both seem to have regained their attacking confidence, which played a major part to Norwich’s promotion.

Having watched it again this morning, Big shout out to Godfrey, his passing, his positioning and that recovery block off the line was exceptional. Drmic did his job, but has a severe lack of movement meant no easy out ball, shows just how good Pukki is at running the channel and his work rate is very high, miss Pukki when he’s not playing.

Edited by Indy

9 hours ago, curious yellow said:

Jamal had a great game. 

I thought he was probably our best player. A good win and a massive boost of confidence again. I hope all our players aren't too wrecked for Sheffield Utd.

Edited by jaberry2

2 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

I thought he was probably our best player.

I cannot bring myself to choose between our back four and Tim, plus Todd and Emi as our best player on the night. 

Jamal has taken one small step backwards then two massive strides forwards. He now looks at peace with being out there. Whereas Max came into the side and has been consistently outstanding from Day One, Jamal has taken longer to get to grips with it, but conversely he has more potential to develop than with any of our young stars other than Todd.

Players are not machines. Jamal has taken a while to de-stress his game and he's now pushing on again towards a golden future. You cannot coach the pace and physical attributes which Jamal has.

Having watched it again this morning, Big shout out to Godfrey, 

I agree. I have a stinking cold so didn't bother posting much last night.

But my take, for what it is worth was that it wasn't maybe the greatest game to watch sat in front of the telly, you probably had to be there. And it was excruciating watching ET as our poor lads could hardly put one foot in front of the other. But that shoot out ranks high up there for NCFC emotional moments. So forget anything else and just enjoy that ten minutes.

But we all have players we thought were outstanding and for me it was Big Ben. He added to our midfield so many times and came marching out with the ball and he is a big unit and hard to stop when in full stride, which is all Spurs could do in the end. And I do love his crossfield balls which are not only so good but on a sixpence and at the right pace to control. And that goal line clearance will go down, much exaggerated of course over time, in the annals of greatness.

I know many, not on here I hope, are moaning about Spurs, but to be fair, we didn't allow them to create too much and when they did, once again TIm, surely POTS, kept them out. I don't care if Spurs were off form or not, we beat them. And the rubbish that they missed Kane doesn't wash. We could argue about Teemu.

1 hour ago, Pugin said:

I cannot bring myself to choose between our back four and Tim, plus Todd and Emi as our best player on the night. 

Jamal has taken one small step backwards then two massive strides forwards. He now looks at peace with being out there. Whereas Max came into the side and has been consistently outstanding from Day One, Jamal has taken longer to get to grips with it, but conversely he has more potential to develop than with any of our young stars other than Todd.

Players are not machines. Jamal has taken a while to de-stress his game and he's now pushing on again towards a golden future. You cannot coach the pace and physical attributes which Jamal has.

Short memory there Pugin. Max definitely struggled for his first few PL games.