Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

match thread

12 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

I think we play better with the likes of Vrancic and Buendia in the side. It's not an argument I can win if you just want to look at goals scored, but I think the team misses Vrancic and Buendia more than it ever misses Cantwell. 

Cantwell looked better second half. 

I'm not really trying to say its just about goals scored although they are important, and I think you can see from the way that opposition defenders repeatedly target Cantwell with fouls that they are afraid of him. But I was just reacting to your suggestion that Cantwell is a luxury player with no end product (my summary of what I thought you were saying not your actual words).

Like you I would love to see more of Vrancic because he has some qualities that none of our other midfielders have.  But who gives way, certainly not Cantwell based on this season, I would say Kenny but Farke clearly thinks otherwise or perhaps Emi. Emi, for all his occasional flashes of brilliance, still hasn't quite convinced this season so even now there is still quite a debate to had about our best starting line up is, especially in midfield.

5 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

Buendia goes off and we completely lose any creativity 

I'm genuinely concerned about you.

You post nothing but the absolutely most depressing stuff. Honestly, it's EVERY post.

Find a positive, they really are there...

You ok hun?

Edited by Flying Dutchman

Whatever happens, I suspect tonight’s match has cost us points on Saturday.

Not sure if I’m confident because of Krul or apprehensive because of our penalty taking

41 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

Extra time worst case for us. Sorry but premiership should be more important. Great 2nd half, but i fear we wont have enough for sheff u

Couldn't disagree more, would love to see us progress in the Cup even if we do go down, which in all probability we will anyway.