Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

match thread

Very average fare. I agree that we seem to have lost the crispness in our passing (and close ball control) Combined with some shocking decision making and passes and failure to take a shot,  lucky to be only one down to what is clearly a very ordinary Spuds team. 

Edited by Surfer

Just now, Chumino said:

Krul kept us in this twice. 

Indeed. But was at fault for the goal. If he'd tracked it it would have been a fairly easy save at the near post. 

Not bad, but Drmic isn’t doing anything, not running any channels, not hunting the ball and is a very poor excuse for Pukki, get Idah on.

The rest are playing really well, sure we’re going to get back into this game.

Decent half, we're still in this but need to sharpen up at the back. Just feel Spurs have another gear.

Their goal was abysmal in every way.

3 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

Nice one Mario! 

Trybul equally to blame for that pass there

Just now, Fuzzar said:

Indeed. But was at fault for the goal. If he'd tracked it it would have been a fairly easy save at the near post. 

Vrancic like a wet cardboard box in defence

It was a decent goal and we’ve really grown into the game,

think we’ve done alright and can definitely win this.

lots of miserable sods on here!

• Like 1

It's all very flat and no atmosphere in the ground. Poor defending once again and but for krul would be 3 0. 

Buendia Vrancic DRMIC, Lewis not at the races. Very very poor. Need some bite and enthusiasm. Trybull only one looking up for it.

Trybull is utter garbage no wonder farke does not play him ,offers nothing can't pass can't tackle ,does not score does not assist .😭

If anyone else’s Iplayer stream is a joke it’s also on sky channel 981 and freeview 601

3 minutes ago, Keith Scott said:

I am. I am watching Cantwell lose the ball virtually every time he gets it. Like I said, abysmal. 

I honestly don't know why you bother, you really are a pathetic individual - surely trolling on here isn't all you have?

What I wonder did you do with yourself last season when you didn't have anything to say on here?

Just now, JF said:

If anyone else’s Iplayer stream is a joke it’s also on sky channel 981 and freeview 601

Can’t wait until amazon get the football and Boris gets rid of the BBC

Just now, Canary dwarf said:

Trybull is utter garbage no wonder farke does not play him ,offers nothing can't pass can't tackle ,does not score does not assist .😭

He's done his defencive duties better than most tonight 

If you lose almost all of your aerial duels you're always going to struggle to win a game.  Spurs just crowding us out and suffocating us with their press because we have no pace to break past them in forward areas. When we have got near their box we've given them too much time to get organised and the box is too crowded because we're not aggressive or direct enough.  This Spurs side are vulnerable on the counter but we're not even trying to attack them this way. We move the ball about well but my god we're so one dimensional and predictable.

Forget what team we're playing and where they are in the table. Spurs have been really poor and have most of their best players out, they're there for the taking and once again we're just not causing them enough problems and proving far too easy to score against. Look at that throw in they game away near their box, any other PL team would have punished them with at least a shot on target, we weren't ready for it and did nothing to capitalise, just sums us up really. 

We cannot put two games the same together. Allowing for personnel changes, tonight we are sluggish and not supporting the man on the ball. Coupled with the Trybull, Vrancic Rupp triangle having little or no effect our better and more likely players are not as involved as they should be.  And I don't think Drmic has had a ball to feet.

The last 10 minutes were better against a typical Mourinho side who are organised and sit and stay in their positions. We have a chance if we can liven up. The shooting from longer range was pleasing.

And as Ricardo said, four men just waiting for Vertonghen to arrive with height and power to score.

For me, move Cantwell or Buendia to the middle, Rupp out wider. 

People have been crying out for trybull and vrancic to start. This is exactly why they don't. Between the two of them, a poor Drmic and Rupp our spine is poor. Buendia is back though and whilst there is Emi there is a bit of hope

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

Can’t wait until amazon get the football and Boris gets rid of the BBC

Absolutely shocking stream. I had to watch the majority of that half on an internet stream as the one I pay my licence fee for was ****! Then found out it’s also on sky 981 

We really need to press much harder. It felt to me that we only did that from the 35th minute. We were very decent for those last 10 minutes! Just need to believe in it.

15 minutes ago, Keith Scott said:

Cantwell has been ****ing abysmal! Loses it everytime. 

Some people just refuse to see that.

9 minutes ago, Molly Windley said:

We have gone from a crisp decisive passing style to flicky flicky football

I don`t like it

Is that the new name for tippy tappy football and I don't much like that either