andyK99999

FA Cup or premier League football

I'm sure it's been asked before but if you had it in your power today to choose FA Cup winners and relegation or being knocked out tonight and 17th place finish in the premier League, which would you choose?

I hate to say it but PL for me. I’d love to win the FA cup but unfortunately the way football is these days, the riches and security that comes with the PL would matter more to the future progress and success of the club.

Plus we could end up like Wigan, wonder what their fans think about it now?

Cup for me as it will be something I can remember for rest of my life and will go in history books of the club

FA cup. Realistically the best we can hope to achieve should we survive is to be an Everton, which has no real interest for me. One night of glory and then yoyo for a bit rather than a prolonged period of mediocrity and non-description...

• Like 1

As we are the position of 20th and 6 points adrift in March I would choose the PL. I understand though the historic nature of winning the Cup.

Yet, if we were in the Champs and I had a choice of going up or the Cup, I might choose the FA Cup.

9 minutes ago, sonyc said:

As we are the position of 20th and 6 points adrift in March I would choose the PL. I understand though the historic nature of winning the Cup.

Yet, if we were in the Champs and I had a choice of going up or the Cup, I might choose the FA Cup.

Exact opposite for me! Rum old do, opinions, views, perspectives

FA Cup for me. 

I think its easier to get to the Premier League than it is to win the FA Cup, which is why we've been promoted 4 times since we last reached an FA Cup Quarter Final. 

And we'd get European Football next season! 

Would really rub Ipswich fans up the wrong way too, to win the FA Cup with them stuck in mid-table League One. 

It would also be our biggest ever honour, and it would be Daniel Farke achieving that. He'd go down in history. 

I don't see how 17th could surpass seeing Pukki lifting the FA Cup at Wembley. 

No brainer.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 2

for me it's probably the PL - we are at a stage where I genuinely think the more gained means so much for a club like that - with so much of it being used to build for the future or put aside for expansion of the stadium - helping us grow in stature further.

That said we're only 1 game from Wembley now so who knows.

I appreciate the thread was asking purely for preference but another thing seasons like this prove to me is that you really may as well go for every. game and not put the cups to one side - who knows what can happen. This has been a fantastic week following the club. Let's hope we can keep it up

For a club like us, it has to be the FA cup imo. I’ve never seen us win anything (other than the championship/playoff final) and it’s nearly 40 years since we won the league cup. We’ll get promoted again within the next decade, but there’s a very real possibility we won’t win a proper cup in my lifetime. 

If we were regularly winning other things, you’d obviously take staying up, but cup for me at the moment.

This season? We are going to be relegated. Best enjoy the FA Cup. 

And while we might have tired players we also have a massive injection of belief. 

The Sheff Utd game should be on Sunday. 

I've changed my mind after tonight! 

No, seriously I will stick with my original take

It's going to be MASSIVE at Carrow Road for the QF. 

And for a Club like us a day out at Wembley for a SF would be a huge historical event. 

FA Cup every time. It's something any fan would remember for the rest of their life whereas PL the best we could ever hope for is a top half finish.

I’d love to win a cup. I truly believe we need to be in the EPL long term but to win a cup right now wouldn’t truly assert our dominance over the scum in a way they couldn’t stomach.