Bradwell canary

Warnock on his way to Portman Road

38 minutes ago, Bradwell canary said:

Well that’s what the daily Mail is saying on line.

Thats of course does not mean that will happen, but interesting scenario.

2 seasons ago - "We're sick of McCarthy's boring long ball football"

Now - "Warnock is the Messiah". 

• Haha 1

Can't see Evans paying what he would cost. I'm sure he would expect a lot more than Lambert who was pretty much a busted flush.

Warnock isn't a league 1 manager. No way will he drop down. He's premiership championship level. 

Can they even afford to sack Lambert? He doesn't seem like the resigning type. 

If they did cough up the funds to sack him, that would be the end to their transfer kitty for their much needed summer overhaul. 

6 minutes ago, HertsCanary93 said:

Can they even afford to sack Lambert? He doesn't seem like the resigning type. 

If they did cough up the funds to sack him, that would be the end to their transfer kitty for their much needed summer overhaul. 

There is apparently a clause in his contract that gives them a free sacking if they don't finish in the top 6 so he will almost certainly be sacked at the end of the season or as soon as that isn't mathematically possible. 

As for 70 year Neil Warnock, I did smile. How low can they possibly get? The problem they have is that no one in the club knows anything about football. Thank God for Webber 

Employing Warnock is basically like employing McCarthy's Dad - Ipswich are just on another level of bad decision making right now. Hilarious!

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

Neil Warnock has retired and has a home in Cornwall, that's a long way to commute !

Warnock has retired about five times, but as soon as the first club comes calling, he can't resist. The bloke lives for football and just can't stay away from it, bless him. I didn't use to like him, but I've warmed to him over the last decade. 

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Warnock has retired about five times, but as soon as the first club comes calling, he can't resist. The bloke lives for football and just can't stay away from it, bless him. I didn't use to like him, but I've warmed to him over the last decade. 

Yet he turned down the Newcastle job due to the distance.

In fairness, at that level - and in the unlikely event that Warnock were to go there - he couldn't fail to be an improvement on where they currently are!

40 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Exactly, and he won't resist the opportunity of a big pay-day should he manage to get them into the play-offs.

The only thing possible though would be a contract 'til the end of the season, imo. Anything else would be too inconvenient for him. Besides it's Ipswich. I believe he know Evans quite well so the first option might be on.

Lambert should have gone by now. He's been dreadful for them and the only way he kept them on his side during last season's momentous flop was with publicity stunts: buying supporters beers, inviting old favourites to the club for a chin wag and forever reminding the fans how fantastic they were and what a great history the club has (3 trophies in the Dark Ages nb.)

2 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

Exactly, and he won't resist the opportunity of a big pay-day should he manage to get them into the play-offs.

The only thing possible though would be a contract 'til the end of the season, imo. Anything else would be too inconvenient for him. Besides it's Ipswich. I believe he know Evans quite well so the first option might be on.

Lambert should have gone by now. He's been dreadful for them and the only way he kept them on his side during last season's momentous flop was with publicity stunts: buying supporters beers, inviting old favourites to the club for a chin wag and forever reminding the fans how fantastic they were and what a great history the club has (3 trophies in the Dark Ages nb.)

There is no point in giving anyone that job just for the remainder of the season. They can't make the play offs now so there is no point 

Probably, but there's an outside (very) chance. It's football, a funny old game. They (TWTD) want it to happen

Besides the relationship of Lambert with the fans is rancid if TWTD is anything to go by.I get the impression that if they are thumped by Coventry then the  actual crowd present for the next home game will be well under 10,000.

A Warnock would keep them coming for the six or seven games left toplay at the 'Loo.

Edited by BroadstairsR

2 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

There is no point in giving anyone that job just for the remainder of the season. They can't make the play offs now so there is no point 

With a new manager bounce and so many home games left, they could absolutely make the playoffs. I think Warnock would probably take them up, so fingers crossed he's finally happy to hang up his sheepskin.

70yo Neil Warnock who is meant to retire at the end of the season, coming back in to manage freefalling Ipswich Town with almost no chance of any success at all?

With a spanked budget and a toxic fanbase?

A manager that hasn't been involved below Championship level since last century?

😅