Ralf Fahrmann to Brann

Sounds pretty much sewn up, this one.

Think Webber & team have been brilliant for us, but at this point-

Roberts 0 appearances, loan cancelled
Amadou 11 appearances, loan cancelled
Fahrmann 22 minutes, loan cancelled

Drmic 13 appearances (all sub)
Byram 15 appearances 

You can't call last summer anything other than tragic. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

Byram 15 appearances 

I think you’ll find your in for a telling off saying that.

• Haha 2

Bit shortsighted to allow goalkeeping cover go for the sake of the last 10 games?

The law of sod has now increased liklihood of rearing its head with an injury to Krul and our fighting for points (or maybe FA Cup glory?!?) with McGovern in goal....

Lots of future prospects bought then loaned back out again or into the youth setup and then off loading some old squad players has been the main thing really.

And Byram.

9 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Bit shortsighted to allow goalkeeping cover go for the sake of the last 10 games?

The law of sod has now increased liklihood of rearing its head with an injury to Krul and our fighting for points (or maybe FA Cup glory?!?) with McGovern in goal....

But presumably his wages are high. McGovern isn't a bad shot stopper, and we do have a couple of academy prospects if the worst happens.

1 hour ago, Mason 47 said:

Byram 15 appearances 

Some you win some you lose.

2 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

But presumably his wages are high. McGovern isn't a bad shot stopper, and we do have a couple of academy prospects if the worst happens.

Which academy prospects are these? BYG last said Oxborough isnt up to task and he's the only one I can think of off hand.

6 minutes ago, Half Ar5ed Hipster said:

Which academy prospects are these? BYG last said Oxborough isnt up to task and he's the only one I can think of off hand.

He’s had a good season by all accounts, should be given a chance!

11 minutes ago, Half Ar5ed Hipster said:

Archie Mair?

Fahrmann - proved to be un-needed, Krul been outstanding. Smart to get better back up than McGovern. 

Roberts, something clearly wrong there, similar to Marcus Edwards. Didnt earn his place it would seem. Question the individual.

Amadou - asked to leave. Proved to be capable cover when we needed him, had a bad injury, option to buy if it went well.

Byram has been called bargain of the season.

Drmic - Looked to be a quality player, but tall order to displace last seasons top scorer - who found scoring form almost immediately in the Premiership, had Pukki not been able to step up in the way Stiepermann struggled, Drmic would have had the opportunity and a run of games.

We all see things differently, but the team bought insurance, and astutely in my opinion. So not tragic. If we'd have paid £20m each for these players (or similar squad players) it might be a different matter

I think Byram was a quality find, I really do.  And Drmic I'm actually one of the most vocal fans of- he's an international striker who has done well consistently at the highest level, he's just not Pukki. Sure he will prove himself if and when Teemu moves on.

But, taking the high success rate for the previous season or two, you cannot possibly say we did well enough last summer given what was at stake. We knew we were already up against it and we didn't have much room to manoeuvre, so we had to get it very right- and only one signing has really been good enough to wrestle a starting place away.

As Nige says it's not like Webber hasn't admitted to it being a poor window. It was more just that watershed moment where now it's reasonable to say our summer signings will play the sum of less than 90 minutes of league football before the end of the season.

13 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Seems odd to let him go, tempting fate RE: Krul getting injured or suspended. 

There's usually something else as well when Farke let's a player go. Attitude? Malcontent at not playing? Not fitting in?

Money enters the frey,of course.

McGovern is not as bad as some make out, but unless one of the youngsters steps up, we will need better back up whatever league we are contesting next season. 

Farhmann was a waste of a lot of money as it turned out, but it was a decision to sign him borne out of necessity.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Well it’s a bloody good job he was off making other loan arrangements last night or we may have had him in goal in a cup game instead of penalty king Krul.

I think our recruitment was woeful in the summer, but this one was not a terrible signing. 

Krul had a huge injury only 2 years ago and it was always a risk that he would suffer a reoccurrence of the same injury. It was vital we had someone who could be PL quality able to step in. As Krul is a great GK - a loan made the most sense. 

Thankfully (and unluckily for Fahrmann), Krul has gone from strength to strength since coming back from his injury. However, it was definitely prudent for the club to prepare for the worst. 

On 04/03/2020 at 16:51, Half Ar5ed Hipster said:

No idea if BYG did actually say this, but IF he did then it would appear that Stuart Webber and co disagree with him. 

https://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/canaries-aston-oxborough-new-contract-signed-1-6577603

Well done Aston - and isn't it great to see just a snippet of actual football news at the moment. 

1 hour ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

No idea if BYG did actually say this, but IF he did then it would appear that Stuart Webber and co disagree with him. 

https://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/canaries-aston-oxborough-new-contract-signed-1-6577603

Well done Aston - and isn't it great to see just a snippet of actual football news at the moment. 

I saw BYG say it too. 

I guess a new contract for Oxborough wouldn't break the bank and if he's loaned out probably wouldn't cost anything. There's no risk involved.