Sign in to follow this  
Since 1980

One step closer over the border

Ninth in the league, 6 points off the playoff: looking at the table, Ipswich have played more games than any other team in the division as well!

The result of an utterly spineless, spiritless, apathetic support I'm afraid. 

Apart from a feeble attempt to get through to the playoff final when we beat them, there has been nothing of note from that club for a little less than 20 years. 

I find it almost amusing now that there is no concerted effort to protest or make their feelings known as a support base. It's that obvious impassive nature they display as a collective, which allows a person such as Marcus 'the ticket tout' Evans to roll on as he does down there. 

It must be soul destroying for the younger supporters who have seen generally absolute dross served up regularly for decades and seriously frustrating for the older generation who can still remember the good times 40 odd years ago.

Whilst I do not feel particularly any sympathy for their demise, I do know a regular season ticket holder who attends and they describe it as lifeless. Not a joyful experience in any sense. 

I think if that was us, I'd be joining the throng demanding change somewhere. I can't work out why they just sit on their hands over it.

10 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Coventry 2/1 to win there on Saturday, giveaway of the season so far ? 

Must be a mistake surely? Think I'll have a few quid on that

11 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Must be a mistake surely? Think I'll have a few quid on that

Get on quick at Bet365 before the odds compiler for the match wakes up. Ipswich 7/5, draw 11/5 and Coventry win 2/1. Someone once  explained the odds are aligned to where the money has gone, doubt anyone’s risked a quid on Ipswich yet.