Sign in to follow this  
nickyboy

jerome for norwich?

living in south wales, i have just read the local rag, the south wales echo, and they claim we are closing in on signing cameron jerome, for 3.5 million, 2 million down payment, followed by add ons for appearances, and if we get promoted etc. This is to be funded by the cash we receive from the sale of deano apparently, although he has scored a few goals this term he is far from the finished article, and not as accomplished, or established as deano was when we bought him. If we did take a risk and buy him ,if the rumours are true, what are your thoughts on the issue, im not sure if he suits our style of play as he does chase the long ball over the top of defences, with his blistering pace, but his hold up play, and link up play  leave a lot to be desired at the moment and would need working on. Also to add fuel to the rumour, cardiff have signed two more strikers on, and if they were keeping jerome im sure they would not need to do that, also they sold alan lee to the scum. Still it would be great for me to take the pee out of the blue bird tw*ts at work who always make it clear that they are above us in the league, but we.ll see come may , and i for one beleive we will make the play offs. O>T>B>C>

Could be true, bnit i wouldnt believe anything tou read in the papers. 2 weelks ago we were told that we were set to sign andy gray.

its a lot of money for someone whom scored only 7 goals during the whole of last season.

He has 14 this year, compared to the 20 Ashton had at the same time last year.

Here is David Pleats scouting report. I worry a bit because he is over 6 foot but not great in the air ;-) and we have all sean the long balls pummelled to svenny, Ashton and Neilson in the past due to their height.

http://www.myfootballnews.co.uk/news_jump.html?team_id=76&story=398873

Lets put it like this - at least its not andy gray

Never undersetimate the boards ability to pull a rabbit out of the hat. We have done it in both of the last Jan transfer windows. Just imagine Deano and Jerome in the same side!! Maybe we are going for broke now to try and get in the Prem this year knowing that if we fail, Deano will still command a big fee in the summer.

Ashton was 20-21 when he scored 20 goals by January, you need to be comparing jerome to the 19 year old Ashton.  Anybody know how Ashton did that year?

Jerome is cheaper also i think, because we paid 3m upfront with add ons.  I think getting Jerome would be a fantastic signing.

This is probably the best place for player stats

http://www.soccerbase.com/

i think ashton got about 20 goals in his previous season.

Its quite difficult to rate championship strikers by goals (barring ashtons ludicrous 20 in 26 before signing for us in a poor team) i mean Akinbiyi and Marlon King have scored well, and blake and andy gray, johnson have got goals in the past - average players not 2 million pound players