Sign in to follow this  
city4eva

coach travel for spurs game and parking

Going on coach tomorrow (vowed not to again , the last time was a disaster , arriving just in time for kick off (got lost) and breaking down on way home)   is there any parking at carrow rd or nearby , what time do i need to get to carrow rd for 2.30 departure, last time got there about 15 minutes before and I think most coaches had gone.

I haven’t been on cabbage for a few years, the club advise parking on lower Clarence road ( £7 ) as the club car park will fill up very quickly 

• Like 2

Don’t park on the Holiday Inn Area you’ll get ticketed

• Like 2

I booked a spot at Lower Clarence (RPC) £7 for all day as the club suggested. Apparently there is a big “do” at CR tomorrow and they need a lot of car parking. Let’s hope the coaches leave on time and don’t break down. It should be quite a sight - 23(?) in convoy - wish I could see it, but then I’ll be on one!😀

Perhaps more important let’s hope for a win👍

Is parking at Clarence road car park literally for 24 hours for £7 ? I’m just wondering if when it gets to midnight you would get charged for a second day ?

Just found this on the rcp website

Ticket expiry times: All Day tickets expire at 23:59 for the day applicable

There’s me thinking I had it sussed till you mentioned the expiry time. I just did a dummy booking and it does  indeed say it expires at midnight..does that mean paying an extra £7 for an hour or 2

looks to me like it may be worth booking the next day as well to make sure you don’t get ticketed 

Edited by city4eva

2 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

Just don’t sit on coach one

its regulars only 

Any other don’t dos,don’t want to upset the regulars

49 minutes ago, city4eva said:

Any other don’t dos,don’t want to upset the regulars

Anyway I am occasionally a regular on coach one, and sometimes, I mean regularly an occasional🚌👍🚌

That went well, my second time on the coaches, broke down again, not fun standing on the M25 embankment cold and damp!, got back to Carrow rd at 0330

1 hour ago, city4eva said:

That went well, my second time on the coaches, broke down again, not fun standing on the M25 embankment cold and damp!, got back to Carrow rd at 0330

We were on the same bus 😂, did I go back on the coach to get your bags for you ?

Edited by FenwayFrank

2 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

We were on the same bus 😂, did I go back on the coach to get your bags for you ?

No wasnt me. I got on the other coach that stopped, I asked the steward how he was going to choose 9 people to change buses and he just said go for it if you want, so I did, with my son. When we left we still had 3 spare seats... That wasnt the end of the saga though. First he stopped at Stansted for 20 minutes! then got lost on the diversion around the closed A11. I was walking along carrow rd when your replacement bus pulled up so we ended up getting back at the same time. I guess that means you waited about 20 mins /half hour for the replacement coach?

24 minutes ago, city4eva said:

No wasnt me. I got on the other coach that stopped, I asked the steward how he was going to choose 9 people to change buses and he just said go for it if you want, so I did, with my son. When we left we still had 3 spare seats... That wasnt the end of the saga though. First he stopped at Stansted for 20 minutes! then got lost on the diversion around the closed A11. I was walking along carrow rd when your replacement bus pulled up so we ended up getting back at the same time. I guess that means you waited about 20 mins /half hour for the replacement coach?

Yeah that’s right, our driver got on the working coach and brought us home leaving the replacement driver with the broken down one, he wasn’t happy. When we got to the A11 diversion we cut through a few villages which is probably where we caught you up, good job we won as it makes it easier to laugh it off 

• Like 1