Sign in to follow this  
Will 1982

Robinson's Signing

This is the first time I have been compelled to post anything in this forum, but cannot let this pass.

I feel totally bemused how anyone could part with £50, let alone £50k, for Robinson!!

Having seen him play several time this season I am in despair...prime example being Derby away when only in the car on the way home did I realise he had actually played the second half!!

And finally isn’t his class apparent when we, the ninth club in his career, are the first club to ever pay a transfer fee for him!!!!

Erm... anything is better than Ethu (sorry I''m not sure how to spell it) and Robinson has got to be the best central midfielder we have at the club after Safri. Some players have lots of clubs in their careers but are still good players. How many clubs did Huckerby have before he came to us? And when he came he was a good player.

Will, I don''t want to discourage you from posting, but can''t agree with your views.Robinson played seven games for us - won 4, drew 1 lost 2 (I think that includes the Preston debacle where he had cracked ribs and went off at half time!)I only saw the Preston game, but opinions of others on this board seem to be that he saw a lot of the ball and distributed it well - presumably part of the reason we did so well with him in the side (Saf was injured, remember?)If the Derby game was the only other loss with him in the side, you can''t lay the blame at his feet - by general acclaim, the whole bloody team was awful at Pride Park!As for being the first of nine clubs to pay a fee - Joined Wolves as a schoolboy, left on a Bosman to Pompey. Played all season when they were promoted, allowed out on loan most of following season, culminating in another Bosman to Sunderland. Again played well in title winning squad, before being sidelined once more by a manager who didn''t see him as Prem quality.We are his THIRD full-time club - each of the other two achieved automatic promotion (as Champions?) to the Premiership. Why do you feel the need to ridicule him and his signing?