Sign in to follow this  
Coneys Knee

The Statue debate

Assuming Agent Lambert’s time at Ipswich ends in total failure. I.e. he fails to get them promoted and subsequently either walks or is sacked, then surely he needs to be immortalised at Carrow Road by means of a statue. 

He surely would have to go down as our most successful manager of all time, certainly with regard to East Anglian rivalry. 

40 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

Assuming Agent Lambert’s time at Ipswich ends in total failure. I.e. he fails to get them promoted and subsequently either walks or is sacked, then surely he needs to be immortalised at Carrow Road by means of a statue. 

He surely would have to go down as our most successful manager of all time, certainly with regard to East Anglian rivalry. 

Maybe, Rather than outside the carra, have him Straddling the Norfolk Suffolk Border.

They like statues. It helps remind them of when their grandad's were just boys. Perhaps we should ask this bloke....

IMG_20190220_142224.thumb.jpg.22ff8b967fe8b0d5c63f207f47ff2857.jpg

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Maybe, Rather than outside the carra, have him Straddling the Norfolk Suffolk Border.

Yes it could replace the Stoneham Magpie sign straddling the A140😀

The A52 in the East Midlands which links Derby and Nottingham was named Brian Clough Way as he managed both clubs so how about naming the A140 Paul Lambert Way ?

2 hours ago, Coneys Knee said:

I would whole heartedly support a PL statue at Carrow Road. Aside from the manner in which he left us, I don't think he could have done a much better job since joining us in League 1!

Imagine the vandalism when we next play the scum!

29 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

The A52 in the East Midlands which links Derby and Nottingham was named Brian Clough Way as he managed both clubs so how about naming the A140 Paul Lambert Way ?

Better still the A137, linking Portaloo Rd and the Ipswich Dump.

6 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Good idea, I can feel a song  coming on ' doing the Lambert walk '.

The opening lines are truly from another era.