Sign in to follow this  
Since 1980

B****y H***

Just our luck, the one week things go our way in our own game, all the teams around us pick up points and Liverpool who haven’t lost a game in about 10 years somehow manage to lose to WATFORD!

Liverpool defence all over the place funny how not having your first choice centre back pairing can be a game changer.Welcome to what our season has been like Liverpool.😉

• Like 1

Just now, clever trevor said:

Liverpool defence all over the place funny how not having your first choice centre back pairing can be a game changer.Welcome to what our season has been like Liverpool.😉

You're not clever trevor for nothing!

Watford showed how to win well. They were tight at the back solid in midfield and electric up front. Farke should show our squad that video and say that is how you have to compete if you want to stay up. Every single Watford player closed the Liverpool players down, and when they broke, their only thought was to go forward; no sideways and backwards passes. They didn't mark spaces and let runners go, they kept with them. 

Well that’s put us back on our place nothing gained really 

Are you forgetting we won then? And in winning, it gives you confidence to go out and do it again. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Yellowhammer said:

Well that’s put us back on our place nothing gained really 

Besides picking 2 points on Bournemouth and 3 on Brighton and Villa.

• Like 4

I just want to see some effort and some good moments. I’ve accepted we are down a while back so I just want them to look like they care. Last night was great, let’s have some more of that.

Watford are nothing special but their performance this evening highlighted why we are in trouble. When they gained possession they attacked in numbers and with PACE.

• Like 1

Watford like most Premier League teams are loaded with bloody good players, and their results are as much as anything down to form, confidence and focus. Today they shows how good they can be. I was disappointed but not shocked by what happened. Look at Everton, when we played them they were a shambles and potential relegation candidates, not now. 

We only lost 1-0 to Liverpool the other week.

A very slightly different set of circumstances and that could have been a Norwich win, just like the Man City game could have easily been a Norwich loss.

Losing to most of the clubs around us has been our undoing so far.

Liverpool have been poor for weeks. The Watford manager picked the right 11 players and told them to have a go. As such they got the result they deserved. Our manager did neither and we got the result we deserved. 

K. Scott. 

2 minutes ago, Keith Scott said:

Liverpool have been poor for weeks. The Watford manager picked the right 11 players and told them to have a go. As such they got the result they deserved. Our manager did neither and we got the result we deserved. 

K. Scott. 

Thanks For the insight

B.Uh.

• Haha 1

Whenever I've seen Watford this season I've been impressed by their individual players, most being blessed with more pace, power, athleticism & what I might call 'springiness' than ours. However they were usually totally disorganised, that's why they were bottom. Pearson has given them some organisation & self-belief. I think it's more likely teams like Villa, Bournemouth, Brighton, West Ham (& obviously us) are going to be relegated. 

One team that could still get dragged into the clarts I reckon is Newcastle. Every time I've seen them they've been rubbish.

Edited by ron obvious
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Keith Scott said:

K. Scott. 

Liverpool have been poor since we softened them up at Carrow Rd..........

5 hours ago, Surfer said:

Watford like most Premier League teams are loaded with bloody good players, and their results are as much as anything down to form, confidence and focus. 

I'd say it was mostly down to their severe injury crisis, which in terms of numbers and duration was worse than ours and included having their talisman Deeney missing for months.

Imagine how bad it would look for us if Pukki was out for those first few months.

Their turnaround started with the return of Deeney. 

Watford didn't seem to be playing particularly attractive football. Just seemed like hit 'n hope hoofball.
Still, if that keeps them up.

9 hours ago, ron obvious said:

Whenever I've seen Watford this season I've been impressed by their individual players, most being blessed with more pace, power, athleticism & what I might call 'springiness' than ours. However they were usually totally disorganised, that's why they were bottom. Pearson has given them some organisation & self-belief. I think it's more likely teams like Villa, Bournemouth, Brighton, West Ham (& obviously us) are more likely to be relegated. 

One team that could still get dragged into the clarts I reckon is Newcastle. Every time I've seen them they've been rubbish.

Newcastle are the worst side in the league in my view. How they’ve spawned their way to 32 points is a mystery and unfortunately it means they probably only need two wins to be out of reach for us but would not surprise me at all if they barely won another game. Not winning there and losing at Villa in games we dominated are two results that will cost us. 

We can’t expect all the results to go our way. Watford and West Ham are the most likely candidates to escape given the quality of their squads. We need Brighton, Bournemouth and Villa to finish below us and we’ve gained points on all of them. Newcastle look dire but if they’re being dragged into it, I think we’re doomed!