Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

Games today

Shame is it could have been us 2 weeks ago but at 0-0 after 70 minutes Farke did SFA to try and win the game.

Fortune favours the brave and Farke bottled it

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It doesn't matter - it's about what WE do that matters. 

It doesn't quite work like that when you're 7 points (with GD) from safety. We need others to be sh*te while we improve.

OTBC

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:
6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It doesn't matter - it's about what WE do that matters. 

It doesn't quite work like that when you're 7 points (with GD) from safety. We need others to be sh*te while we improve.

OTBC

But it does work like that. We simply need to be two wins better than the rest and we will be up there.

Edited by lake district canary

4 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

Shame is it could have been us 2 weeks ago but at 0-0 after 70 minutes Farke did SFA to try and win the game.

Fortune favours the brave and Farke bottled it

Have you had a bet on Farke being sacked ?. We would be mid Championship if he wasn’t here. 

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

But it does work like that. We simply need to be two wins better than the rest and we will be up there.

Isn't that what I just said??? It's not just about us now - it hasn't been for a while.

OTBC

8 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It doesn't matter - it's about what WE do that matters. All it does is drag the clubs above more into the relegation battle.

It absolutely does matter- we need to make up points on at least 3 teams.

12 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Therefore it isn’t only about what we do that matters then is it!!? That’s only the case if it’s in our hands, it isn’t 

Edited by JF

1 minute ago, king canary said:

It absolutely does matter- we need to make up points on at least 3 teams.

So if we keep winning we will do it - we simply have to have better form than the rest to the extent of six points from the last ten games.  None of us will win all their games, so it is still on.

10 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It doesn't matter - it's about what WE do that matters. All it does is drag the clubs above more into the relegation battle.

Of course it matters. Our destiny isn’t in our own hands. All the other teams have to do is stay two wins ahead of us. 

Face facts we got a nice little win last night against a miss firing, out of sorts Leicester missing the leagues top scorer. Enjoy it for what it was but that all it was.

19 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Have you had a bet on Farke being sacked ?. We would be mid Championship if he wasn’t here. 

We probably will be soon

But nevertheless what I said is true.

Liverpool were not at their best against us. We had withstood everything they threw at us for 70 minutes. We had several players who were knackered but we ploughed on regardless until the inevitable happened and Liverpool scored.

Then, when the game was lost and it was too late, Farke sends on the cavalry.

Edited by Making Plans

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

So if we keep winning we will do it - we simply have to have better form than the rest to the extent of six points from the last ten games.  None of us will win all their games, so it is still on.

ugh not a great day.

On the other hand while the gap has only gone from 7 to 6 points thats now 3 teams all sat on 27 point. Brighton on 28.

Not sure I can agree that what other teams do don't matter but if we put a run together we will be reeling someone in every week. 

Edited by Hillhead

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

You're right Lakey. We have to do our bit and get to 38/40 points. If that's not enough so be it. But I'll tell you what's not going to happen. The total points required is not going to go up by 3 points every time a rival wins a game.

9 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I think you've answered you own question LDC and I'm surprised that someone who has "come of age" can't see that.

Our destiny is in our own hands. But so it is for every other side at the bottom. If we were to win our 10 games then we would be safe. But they can all say that.

I think if we can win our home games, fifteen points, then we will be in the mix. What would then make us safe would be draws at Sheffield and Watford. The other three look a bit tough but who knows.

The weekend started brilliantly and although results didn't really go our way, we won so the brilliance hasn't dulled because we have seen that we can win.

Well. That was... unexpected. Can’t help but think we put a **** in the Liverpool armour that West Ham and Watford exploited. Liverpool look out of ideas. Absolutely gutted we couldn’t beat them.

f@&K...

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

You're right Lakey. We have to do our bit and get to 38/40 points. If that's not enough so be it. But I'll tell you what's not going to happen. The total points required is not going to go up by 3 points every time a rival wins a game.

I think 36 might be enough Nutty, looking at previous season totals after 28 games and 38 games. Can we get the 5 wins needed and hope the others only get 2? It's a tough ask.

OTBC

I think 36 might be enough Nutty, looking at previous season totals after 28 games and 38 games. Can we get the 5 wins needed and hope the others only get 2? It's a tough ask.

OTBC

For me, I think the magic number is 38 points this year. Our poor GD means we need another point so 39.

Six wins and we will stay up, and deserve to stay up. Anything less and we go down and deserve it.

Big ask

1 minute ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

OTBC

I reckon 38/40 will be needed Disco. If that's not enough then so be it. It's a tough ask to get there anyway. If Watford and West Ham keep winning others will come into the mix. 

If you thought 36 would be enough do you now think 39? And then if Watford and West Ham win next week 42?

We can only affect what we do anyway.

I'm only going to be relegated once. I thought all this acceptance of relegation was supposed to save the heartache. Seems the opposite is true.

36 points will be thereabouts but reality is we’re not likely to get 5 more wins, more likely 3 wins and a couple draws, 32 points is around where we’ll probably end up.

Watford and West Ham do have some very good players who have experience at this level, we don’t and that’s probably the shortfall for us.

If we can make up a few points before the three game run where we play Brighton, Watford and West Ham on the bounce then it’s possible, but if we’re still 6 points from safety by then, it’s going to be nearly impossible.

Sheffield and the following two home games Southampton and Everton, can we dare dream of seven points?

Edited by Indy

12 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I reckon 38/40 will be needed Disco. If that's not enough then so be it. It's a tough ask to get there anyway. If Watford and West Ham keep winning others will come into the mix. 

If you thought 36 would be enough do you now think 39? And then if Watford and West Ham win next week 42?

We can only affect what we do anyway.

I'm only going to be relegated once. I thought all this acceptance of relegation was supposed to save the heartache. Seems the opposite is true.

Only the nul and void can save us now😉

Thanks for your reply Nutty.

25 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Not sure why you say that - like I said, 36 points is the total I think might keep any team up. If certain teams hadn't won today, they would still need 3 wins, rather than the two I mentioned earlier. We need 5.

25 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I wish I could be like that. I *sort of* accepted we were relegated a while back....but like many have already said, it's the hope that kills you! Good, average or sh*te, you watch and support because the club are part of who you are; that will never change. At times I wish I could detach myself emotionally from games, knowing that we are most likely down...but that emotion and bond is what makes you a fan in the first place. Someone mentioned a 10% chance of staying up in another thread. Sounds about right. That 10% will churn me up inside until it becomes 0....or 100%! CITY TILL I DIE!

Disclaimer: I have been drinking.

OTBC

Edited by Disco Dales Jockstrap

12 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Only the nul and void can save us now😉

You seem quite up on this virus lark Ricardo. Do you think it's likely?

I have no doubt the virus will spread and we will end up with 1000s of cases in the UK but I'm not sure they'd end up canceling the season - couldn't they just play the rest of the games behind closed doors?

OTBC

17 minutes ago, Indy said:

Sheffield and the following two home games Southampton and Everton, can we dare dream of seven points?

Don't know why we can't dream of nine points.......I think the teams immediately above us are going to carry on picking up points so it could well need 40 or 41 points to stay up.  That's 20 points from where we are now, so six wins and one or two draws - so nine points in the next three would make a good inroads on that.

Edited by lake district canary

You seem quite up on this virus lark Ricardo. Do you think it's likely?

I have no doubt the virus will spread and we will end up with 1000s of cases in the UK but I'm not sure they'd end up canceling the season - couldn't they just play the rest of the games behind closed doors?

OTBC

Look at what is happening in Europe.

If we’d have beaten Liverpool 3-0 at Carrow Road I would still be in the pub right now. I would have made every Liverpool fan I know lives a living hell. 

it could have been us...

1C6D7ACD-BDF2-4601-951B-AAFF47A4A196.jpeg

36 points is the number I think will make a team safe with 3 teams being  at or below that number. Just a hunch. It would mean we will need 15 points at least and then goal difference would kick in. Looking at Watford tonight, it will be a big ask and perhaps we are not up to it but its a game I would hope we are competitive in and should we take our chances, who knows. 

8 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Look at what is happening in Europe.

Italy's reaction seems a bit all over the place - some games canceled, some behind closed doors, some going ahead. However, the more they cancel, the more likely it will be that the season is canned as they won't be able to fit all the re-scheduled fixtures in.

OTBC

13 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Don't know why we can't dream of nine points.......I think the teams immediately above us are going to carry on picking up points so it could well need 40 or 41 points to stay up.  That's 20 points from where we are now, so six wins and one or two draws - so nine points in the next three would make a good inroads on that.

20 points from our next ten games. That form across the whole season would see us currently one point behind Man City in third. 

• Haha 1