Alex Moss

Norwich v Leicester match thread

Nice to see Buendia in and adding to the overall fear/hesitancy of the opposition. With Vrancic instead of Cantwell (the ineffective show pony) I think we can stay up and get 6 wins at home. Mario is the reason we went on the run this time last year and he’s by far more dangerous and durable than Cantwell. 

Not disputing Max as MOTM, but I thought Hanley had a very solid game too.

Emi did not have a great game going forward. Part of the problem is that it is very difficult to find space in the Premiership. However for the final 20 mins he put in a tremendous defensive shift in closing down most Leicester attacks down their left wing allowing Max to maintain a more central position. When the pressure was on our defenders looked very compact and solid. I thought Jamal looked a bit rusty for the first half, but was much more in to the game later on and scored a great goal.

Nice to see other prem clubs wishing us well. We are still most likely playing championship football next season but our brand of football has probably resulted in us leaving more of a mark in this league than our other recent times in the prem.

As for Buendia? First half there were some clear examples of why Farke was right not to start him. Second half there were plenty of examples on why he should start! He is one of those players who I think when hes not right on it can be an absolute liability for a team like ours but when hes on it he is the difference.

For me he has to start every home game and we have to hope he is on it!

6 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Nice to see other prem clubs wishing us well. We are still most likely playing championship football next season but our brand of football has probably resulted in us leaving more of a mark in this league than our other recent times in the prem.

As for Buendia? First half there were some clear examples of why Farke was right not to start him. Second half there were plenty of examples on why he should start! He is one of those players who I think when hes not right on it can be an absolute liability for a team like ours but when hes on it he is the difference.

For me he has to start every home game and we have to hope he is on it!

Completed more take ons and more tackles than any other player on the pitch apparently (3 and 5 respectively).

We made a good side look very average.

Felt fairly comfortable.

Max, absolutley outstanding.

We're 100% better off with Emi on the pitch.

Duda not exsistent.

Outstanding technique by Jamal for the goal.

We certainally wasnt at our free flowing (though we've not seen that for sometime) best, but I'm buzzing with them 3 points.

5 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

We made a good side look very average.

Felt fairly comfortable.

Max, absolutley outstanding.

We're 100% better off with Emi on the pitch.

Duda not exsistent.

Outstanding technique by Jamal for the goal.

We certainally wasnt at our free flowing (though we've not seen that for sometime) best, but I'm buzzing with them 3 points.

I mean Duda wasn't non existent. I know he had a couple of poor games but it seems fans can't look at a single game in isolation. Was statistically our third best performer today behind Aaron's and Lewis. Thought he played well personally.

• Like 1

Duda was totally anonymous until he felt like the first player to actually crack a shot off at Schmiechel. That seemed to spark some of our attacking intent, he was better 2nd half although should have done better instead of shooting straight at the keeper, either side and we’d have been 1 up.

6 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I mean Duda wasn't non existent. I know he had a couple of poor games but it seems fans can't look at a single game in isolation. Was statistically our third best performer today behind Aaron's and Lewis. Thought he played well personally.

Does nowhere near enough for a No. 10

That 10 role is so important to us, we can't afford to have someone in that role who isn't creating, pushing the burden onto Emi/Todd. 

His big chance tonight and with a goal gaping he could only hit straight at the goal keeper. 

Bournemouth aside I'm yet to watch him and think 'we've got a player here' 

• Like 1

Farke got it right tonight with his selection and substitutions to a point and we won. Personally I can't see what Rupp has to offer over Vrancic but hey we won. I thought Emi worked incredibly hard and probably deserved to stay on rhe pitch compared to Cantwell who flags as soon as the clock hits the hour nark every single game.

Just read tonight that in DF's 134 games as a manager for us, tonight's starting line up was the first ever not to feature a German player in it.

And the win means his win percentage is still around 41%. That is decent.

If anybody thinks Duda was anything other than utterly ****e for the 3rd game in a row I suggest they rewatch tonights game. The guy once again strolled around like he couldn't give a **** for 90 mins. Then compare him to Emi who was making tackles all over the pitch. Busting a gut to get forward whenever the chance arose. Duda didn't make any attempt to get in behind the opposition defence, casually jogged forward behind the play every time we had a break, didn't help out defensively. He basically looked like he was hiding throughout. Either he's unfit or his attitude stinks, either way a complete waste of a shirt. 

Big Keith Scott. 

3 hours ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

Maddison 60% at best!! Just proves that he hasn't got a professional cutting edge, hopefully he doesn't feature in the euro's!

I'm pretty sure Gareth Southgate doesn't exclude any player based on witnessing one mediocre performance, if he did then he'd only be taking Dean Henderson and Trent Alexander-Arnold and we need more than 2 players! 

He wasn't even the worst England International on the pitch, Chilwell had an absolute stinker and couldn't cope with Aarons.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

12 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I'm pretty sure Gareth Southgate doesn't exclude any player based on witnessing one mediocre performance, if he did then he'd only be taking Dean Henderson and Trent Alexander-Arnold and we need more than 2 players! 

He wasn't even the worst England International on the pitch, Chilwell had an absolute stinker and couldn't cope with Aarons.

Buendia helped with Chilwell. Thought he did a good job tracking him back and helping Aarons out, especially second half.

(Not that Aarons had a bad game)

Edited by Aggy

5 hours ago, Icecream Snow said:

getting a VAR decision for once - let off for Godfrey

Not a ‘let off’ for Godfrey at all - Iheanacho clearly handballed it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Keith Scott said:

If anybody thinks Duda was anything other than utterly ****e for the 3rd game in a row I suggest they rewatch tonights game. 

I'm not especially convinced by the guy, but neither am I convinced by the negativity about him. 

However I just read the Guardian report which describes him as "outstanding". Funny old game. 

Thanks.They won't be winning any awards for editing though.😀

Edited by Herman