Alex Moss

Norwich v Leicester match thread

3 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

Lewis needs to sharpen up. 

No argument here, doesn’t look at his best going in either direction.

Edited by Canary Wundaboy

It’s saying something when Pukki is basically dropping deep and having to drive past 3 defenders to make something happen. None of the 3 attacking players are offering enough.

Another free header from a corner?! Regardless of the results zonal marking is absolutely awful.

Cantwell unlucky with his footing there. At least Tettey had a pop!

1 minute ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Sarcasm?

Makes you wonder if he plays due to the conditions of his Loan. 

3 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Lewis looks bereft of confidence. Every pass is going astray and that miscued clearance was poor.

A pro footballer really should be able to use either foot, especially if all he needs to do is just clear it. 

"Since Todd Cantwell's goal against Crystal Palace on January 1st, Norwich have gone 671 minutes and played 14 halves of football without scoring a goal from open play in the Premier League." (from BBC)

Ouch!

Time for a Pukki Party pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

OTBC

Same old same old. Plenty of good football with zero end product.

I do hope that DF dumps the zonal marking system next season because we are woeful in its execution. 

• Like 2

Decent first half that. Buendia looks understandably rusty but hin and Cantwell are trying to make things happen. Leicester defending very well.

The short corner we tried may have been the worst one I've ever seen. We somehow ended up with Tettey crossing with one Norwich player and about 8 Leicester players in the area.

Low on quality from both sides but Leicester look the more likely to do something 

Nil-Nil at half-time is a relief. 

Leicester are using the 'Beat Norwich' script and, other than being a goal up, are on script. 

On balance Buendia was a liability more than an asset and is doing too much arm waiving for me. 

We need some muscle up front, oh for a target man, but look lightweight. 

The only option for me is to go two up front. 

Well, I enjoyed that half. I haven't felt we have been outplayed whatsoever (and this is a top 3 team, they're not there by accident). Leicester quality is obvious but a goal for us would not be ridiculous in the context of this game.

I think it's the same as ever. No penetration. Something must change. Yes it may be Vrancic needed. Somebody who can and will shoot.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

I do hope that DF dumps the zonal marking system next season because we are woeful in its execution. 

It is a bit of a leap to assume that we will be any better with a different marking system... We're just very good at set pieces, at either end, regardless of system.

Also agree that the short corner was terrible, just terrible. 

2 minutes ago, Ramrod said:

Nil-Nil at half-time is a relief. 

Leicester are using the 'Beat Norwich' script and, other than being a goal up, are on script. 

On balance Buendia was a liability more than an asset and is doing too much arm waiving for me. 

We need some muscle up front, oh for a target man, but look lightweight. 

The only option for me is to go two up front. 

Someone like a Grant Holt!

Emi looks subdued. 

We were absolutely superb For the first ten minutes. We needed to score then, as, as per usual, the opposition then got back into it.

Other teams come alive around the box in the way we don't. Lot to do with confidence I think.