Alex Moss

Norwich v Leicester match thread

12 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Emi MOTM for me. Industrious and a threat.

Sorry but not even in the top three for me.

Maybe a full game will do him some good, let's hope so, but still very obvious why he hasn't been starting.

3 minutes ago, JF said:

He had little to no impact on the game and the general quality was poor for the majority of the match. As for Maddison going to the Euros, no ones going, it’s gonna get cancelled!

Thought he was tidy but not spectacular. Madison that is. EMI was very good, maturing?

Edited by wcorkcanary

1 minute ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Maybe a full game will do him some good, let's hope so, but still very obvious why he hasn't been starting.

What match were you watching???

2 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

He was clearly rusty but grew into the game.

For me it showed why he should be starting.

Just now, unique said:

What match were you watching???

Agree.

He gave an urgency we have badly missed.

Just now, wcorkcanary said:

Thought he was tidy but not spectacular. 

Yeah to be fair thinking back now about it he put a couple of decent crosses in and a few decent balls. Never took control of the match though in a way that Grealish does for Villa 

3 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

I will wait to read Ricardo's report Creative.

2 minutes ago, JF said:

Yeah to be fair thinking back now about it he put a couple of decent crosses in and a few decent balls. Never took control of the match though in a way that Grealish does for Villa 

He was playing against players that know  him well.Tettey in particular read his movement well and stopped him playing forward. 

Edited by wcorkcanary

Thought Emi was superb, we’ve missed the urgency and tackling back as much as we’ve missed his creativity. Was screaming at him at the end there on that free kick though!!

16 minutes ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

Do you consider his performance good tonight?? I didn't make a derogatory comment about Norwich, but believe he was well below par.

He didn't have his best game tonight, but he is a wonderful player. Created more chances in the Prem than any other player since he played his first Prem game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, king canary said:

He was clearly rusty but grew into the game.

For me it showed why he should be starting.

Agree he improved as the game went on but MOTM? - no way.

Ahead of Aarons??

Maybe he should start but when he hit that first free kick tamely against the wall my first thought was why is he starting ahead of Vrancic who might have buried that.

I don't know, I quite happy to rely on Farke's judgement and despite what many people think I don't think Emi has justified a start in recent weeks. If tonight has blown the dust off then great, but I think he has a way to go before he's guaranteed a start.

As a Sheff Utd supporter - so pleased to see you get your result tonight and hope this kickstarts you staying up - well done, so deserved! 

Believe me I sincerely hope you stay up above the likes of CP, Newcastle, AV, WH - you are so much better, genuine supporters :) - also love the day out in Norwich - bit like us a proper football club...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

Emi was in the team and we won. He was a threat and played with passion. He worked hard. Some good tackles. Tettey was  doing his job well again. Arrons solid looking great. 

Well played lads excellent 3 point. Thought we just about shaded it in terms of chances.  Excellent from Emi and Hanley. Timely subs for a chang. OTBC

1 minute ago, BobSU said:

As a Sheff Utd supporter - so pleased to see you get your result tonight and hope this kickstarts you staying up - well done, so deserved! 

Believe me I sincerely hope you stay up above the likes of CP, Newcastle, AV, WH - you are so much better, genuine supporters 🙂 - also love the day out in Norwich - bit like us a proper football club...

Thanks Bob - appreciate your comments.

I’m guessing you’ve spent most of the season in dreamland?

Just now, kick it off said:

He didn't have his best game tonight, but he is a wonderful player. Created more chances in the Prem than any other player since he played his first Prem game.

He looked a little lost, the Leicester forwards didn't help though, poor offerings, Norwich defended well, and deserved the win.

1 minute ago, BobSU said:

Believe me I sincerely hope you stay up above the likes of CP, Newcastle, AV, WH - you are so much better, genuine supporters 🙂 - also love the day out in Norwich - bit like us a proper football club...

Spent last year working near Sheff and know it well - appreciate the kind words. It's also great to see you mixing things up at the top end of the table with a proper team that's not full of overpaid primadonnas. I ****ing hate Wilder as a bloke after his crying a few years back,  but hard to deny he's a brilliant manager and easy to see why Sheff fans love him.

3 minutes ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

He looked a little lost, the Leicester forwards didn't help though, poor offerings, Norwich defended well, and deserved the win.

Fair play Jubwick. We did defend well and we haven't done that a lot this year. Can't offer you a like as run out of reactions.

8 minutes ago, BobSU said:

Thanks Bob. Can we have 3 points again next week too then?

2 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Thanks Bob. Can we have 3 points again next week too then?

Lol

No problem - so long as we win the rest of our other matches 🙂

Honestly can't believe where you are - you have more than the quality to stay up, just need to tighten the defence up..best of luck 

• Like 1

Just now, BobSU said:

Lol

Honestly can't believe where you are - you have more than the quality to stay up, just need to tighten the defence up..best of luck 

Sheff Utd are the team of the season. Seriously. Forget all those top 6 teams. They can just buy success. Amazing what has been achieved at your club. Especially when there has been that dispute in the background.

As for us, we have been good on the eye for the most part but a bit too soft at the back really. Bit shy up front too. Yet the philosophy hasn't changed. The fans, for the most part, have backed the team and management.

23 minutes ago, BobSU said:

Thanx for your appreciation ,admire wilder for the job he has done 😁

8 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Sheff Utd are the team of the season. Seriously. Forget all those top 6 teams. They can just buy success. Amazing what has been achieved at your club. Especially when there has been that dispute in the background.

As for us, we have been good on the eye for the most part but a bit too soft at the back really. Bit shy up front too. Yet the philosophy hasn't changed. The fans, for the most part, have backed the team and management.

Thanks, but honestly tonights result will have given all at NCFC a terrific lift, players, management, supporters - hope it's the springboard for the rest of your season - this division is so tight - you can do it!! - it's all about belief.

Edited by BobSU

17 minutes ago, BobSU said:

Lol

Really nice to see opposition fans praise us like this ,well done for the season you have had, you can defend respect ,Good fans you deserve this season😀

Just now, Creative Midfielder said:

Fair enough, I'm happy to let @ricardo cast the the deciding vote 😀

I can live with either! Just chuffed with this result. Didn't expect us to win this one.

Just now, sonyc said:

I can live with either! Just chuffed with this result. Didn't expect us to win this one.

No, not me either really, although I was faintly optimistic given our performance at Leicester.