Sign in to follow this  
Northern Canary

What are you expecting in the next two weeks?

There have been many rumours of Jerome coming, Ashton going, McSheffrey coming and our main star Jim Brennan may unfortunately be off to everton for only 1 million.

Anyway, what do you expect will happen before the windown closes? Do you think we will sign a defender, midfielder or attacker? An expensive player with quality or another waste of space? Does anyone think Jerome and McSheffrey are coming and Ashton is leaving?

Personally, i think that Ashton leaving is about 50/50, WHU look the only people willing to get him but 7 m seems the most they can offer. I think if he goes we will definately get Jerome. If Ashton doesnt go i think we still might get Jerome, simply preparing for Ashtons departure but also because the deal is not 3.5 straight cash

its anyones''s guess northern.  the ashton & jerome whispers look like getting louder - we''ll all know within the next week i''d say. It''ll all be over bar the shouting, unless a late, big bid comes in.Why hasn''t anybody come in for any of city''s squad, apart from deano & greeno rumours?

Absolutely nothing (well not much anyway)

No-one can afford ashton and nigel and the board wont sell unless we get a 10 million bid. Green isnt as good as he once was, goalies are cheap and so no-one will pay more than 1.5 million and we wont sell for that. Perhaps there may be a loan signing or 2 but nothing to get excited about. Gallagher may be off  i reckon because green will stay and worthy has finally realised that you can only play 1 keeper.

I predict we will amble along. Ashton may go, he may not but he will be gone in the summer anyway because we ain''t going up this season. I''m not really bothered anymore, this season has been a complete farce topped off becoming the first club to pay a fee for Carl Robinson. If this is the standard we''re setting in the squad then why did we let Holt go?

One would have to say that if we did buy Jerome AND kept Deano, NW would be left with almost no excuses for failing to comfortably making the play-offs.

Second point - why is everyone falling over themselves (apparently) to sign Ashton when Kitson (Reading) looks faster, meaner and fitter? I have not seen him mentioned in any rumours.

What are you expecting in the next two weeks? "  -   I''m expecting at least 14 days, anything less and I''m calling for Worthy to be sacked immediately!