Sign in to follow this  
ABC (A Basingstoke Canary)

Brendan Rodgers concerned?

Reading comments from Brendan Rodgers regarding James Maddison, I wonder how concerned he is that our current plight might affect his game. With comments from him along the lines of "He knows he is employed by Leicester City. The money is in his bank every month and he wants to do his very best for Leicester City, so sentiment doesn't come into it." does make you wonder why BR is keen to get that message across.

Or maybe it's me just clutching at straws.....🙏

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ABC (A Basingstoke Canary) said:

Reading comments from Brendan Rodgers regarding James Maddison, I wonder how concerned he is that our current plight might affect his game. With comments from him along the lines of "He knows he is employed by Leicester City. The money is in his bank every month and he wants to do his very best for Leicester City, so sentiment doesn't come into it." does make you wonder why BR is keen to get that message across.

Or maybe it's me just clutching at straws.....🙏

Good point, ABC. I saw that but didn’t catch on to that, it’s an interesting observation. It goes to show that Rodgers really does know how much affection James has for our club, and when you read it from the angle you’ve seen it, it does make you wonder a little. Nobody doubts Madders professionalism, but I wouldn’t mind betting if this fixture was on the last day of the season and Leicester had nothing to play for and we only needed a draw, would he scuff his shot in the 93rd minute at 2-2? As wrong as it sounds, I’d kind of like to think he would 😉