Sign in to follow this  
Old Boy

Costa del Carra

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]

Old Boy, go on then, make a suggestion and I''ll have a go...............

I''m all for saving the electronic rainforest - what a thought   lol

[/quote]

Here''s one for gazza:

It seems to me that starting with Mike Walker (Part ll) NCFC has become a bit of a resort for footballers looking for a nice paid holiday. I want to emphasise that I don''t include all the current players in that - we have some good professionals, like Drury and Doherty, who continue to work on their games and improve, but we do have a number of lazy SOBs (I''m looking at you, Minimum Jim).

a) Is that a fair comment, or is just nostalgia?

b) Why has this happened, when prior to that we were well known for over-achieving given that we had few high-profile players? Is it just something that''s grown up within football generally?

c) What can we do about it?

[quote user="Old Boy"][quote user="gazzathegreat"]

Old Boy, go on then, make a suggestion and I''ll have a go...............

I''m all for saving the electronic rainforest - what a thought   lol

[/quote]

Here''s one for gazza:

It seems to me that starting with Mike Walker (Part ll) NCFC has become a bit of a resort for footballers looking for a nice paid holiday. I want to emphasise that I don''t include all the current players in that - we have some good professionals, like Drury and Doherty, who continue to work on their games and improve, but we do have a number of lazy SOBs (I''m looking at you, Minimum Jim).

a) Is that a fair comment, or is just nostalgia?

b) Why has this happened, when prior to that we were well known for over-achieving given that we had few high-profile players? Is it just something that''s grown up within football generally?

c) What can we do about it?

[/quote]

1) I dont think so, there is the odd lazy sob in the ranks, but Worthy, not being the greatest motivator, at least tends to rid himself of those players he cannot handle.  One of the best things he did for the club was to get rid of all the dead wood left over from the Hamilton years (and there was a fair amount at the club), and play some of the players who had not been given a proper chance.

He also apparantly has the attitude :

"Jason Koumas is not the sort of player worthy wants at the club" - a skillful lazy player with premiership ability, unyet he signs Dickson Etuhu - a francis like lazy player with championship ability

One rule for the skillfull players another for the workhorses.

My problem now is the cluib has started to fill up with dead wood players again - where is the youth and enthusiasm coming into the club?