Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

Today’s headlines.......all game nul and void

Just seen in the Daily Mail all games may be cancelled, and all results scrapped.

this may happen by the Government stopping all games, due to the virus.

If that happened we would remain in the PL, Liverpool would not be Champs. 
Even more heartbreaking Leeds would remain in the EFL yet again.

I know its probably not going to happen, but that would be DF little miracle that he keeps talking about.

But on a serious note it’s quite a conundrum.

Would they not just play out the fixture list behind closed doors like they are in Serie A? Can’t see any way the season will be cancelled through this

I laughed out loud when I read this. How great would it be - so many positives. Unfortunately, it's about as likely as us winning 6 games......

2 hours ago, Bradwell canary said:

Just seen in the Daily Mail

*stops reading*

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

Could be worse, could be the Guardian.

OK boomer

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

I would settle for a nul and void.😀

The closest we'll get to that is a Eurovision-style "nul points".

Fifa president has just said he doesn’t believe playing games behind closed doors is sustainable in the long term. 
I can’t see much chance of the Euros and Olympics happening how things are going 

Edited by JF

3 minutes ago, JF said:

Fifa president has just said he doesn’t believe playing games behind closed doors is sustainable in the long term. 
I can’t see much chance of the Euros and Olympics happening how things are going 

The next two weeks are critical, this may be our final home match of the season tonight.

• Like 1

Just now, ricardo said:

The next two weeks are critical, this may be our final home match of the season tonight.

He did stress that this was his personal opinion but a continued competition behind closed doors wasn’t sustainable for him. Matches across Switzerland are off this weekend and Serie A are behind closed doors. It’s getting serious now and as I’ve said the Euros and Olympics are looking increasingly unlikely this year 

Simple, VAR will decide all the results until the end of the season.

A bit like to pools panel but with the "simulated results" counting and points awarded accordingly.

🤓

Just now, Making Plans said:

Simple, VAR will decide all the results until the end of the season.

A bit like to pools panel but with the "simulated results" counting and points awarded accordingly.

As you were, then.

3 hours ago, Bradwell canary said:

all games may be cancelled, and all results scrapped.

Which will give Scumbert another chance to take the Blue Filth down next season...

It would be a fantastic way to kill three birds with one stone: we stay up, Liverpool fail to win the league and Leeds stay down.

However, if we reach the point where football gets cancelled because of coronavirus, the logical thing would be to suspend it and then restart it when the whole thing blows over- this could even be a blessing in disguise to readjust the international calendar before a November 2022 World Cup which would see the leagues suspended for two months during the season anyway.

Hopefully the Euros will be fine as this will have all blown over in a couple of months- I think it does seem to have been blown out of proportion. Fingers crossed...

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

It would be a fantastic way to kill three birds with one stone: we stay up, Liverpool fail to win the league and Leeds stay down.

However, if we reach the point where football gets cancelled because of coronavirus, the logical thing would be to suspend it and then restart it when the whole thing blows over- this could even be a blessing in disguise to readjust the international calendar before a November 2022 World Cup which would see the leagues suspended for two months during the season anyway.

Hopefully the Euros will be fine as this will have all blown over in a couple of months- I think it does seem to have been blown out of proportion. Fingers crossed...

I’d say the chances of the Euros and Olympics going ahead are diminishing by the day. Looking highly likely that major sporting events from F1 to football will be disrupted, just depends to what extent 

Just now, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Not true. Only the games in the affected regions are off. I'll still be there for Lecce-Atalanta tomorrow!

Only just been called off

edit: just been retweeted that the information was wrong 

Edited by JF

Latest reports say the EPL are to have an urgent meeting next week ?

With the outbreak in South Korea I wouldn’t be shocked to see our game called of Wednesday ?

1 minute ago, JF said:

Official statement from the Serie A:

SERIE A TIM 2019/2020

VARIAZIONE PROGRAMMA 7^ GIORNATA DI RITORNO DELCAMPIONATO DI SERIE A TIM

Visto l’articolo 1. co. 1 lett. A) del Decreto del Presidente del Consiglio deiMinistri del 25 febbraio 2020 “Ulteriori disposizioni attuative del decretolegge 23 febbraio 2020, n. 6, recante misure urgenti in materia di contenimento e gestione dell’emergenza epidemiologica da COVID-19”;considerato il susseguirsi di numerosi interventi normativi urgenti da parte delGoverno per rispondere a questa straordinaria emergenza a tutela della salutee della sicurezza pubblica;il Presidente della Lega Nazionale Professionisti Serie A comunica che sonorinviate le seguenti gare della 7^ giornata di ritorno del Campionato di SerieA TIM, inizialmente previste a porte chiuse come da Comunicato Ufficiale n.191 del 27 febbraio 2020:

JUVENTUS – INTER

MILAN – GENOA

PARMA – SPAL

SASSUOLO – BRESCIA

UDINESE – FIORENTINA

La data di recupero delle predette gare è fissata per il giorno mercoledì 13maggio 2020.La Finale di Coppa Italia sarà conseguentemente programmata per il giornomercoledì 20 maggio 2020.  

You don't need to understand Italian to work out that only five games have been called off. 

3 minutes ago, JF said:

I think it’s 5 off at present, all the ones that were being played behind closed doors. These games have been rearranged for 13/5. 

Postponement and finishing the season later might be a more sensible option but

1. It may be that if the virus really spreads the postponement is for a longer period

3. Like it or not, it requires an internationally coordinated response. We can't postpone if the Euros go ahead as normal as players will be required there. 

7 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Why the panic ? When the Flu is more deadlier !

Containment before it’s established 

12 minutes ago, Well b back said:

I think it’s 5 off at present, all the ones that were being played behind closed doors. These games have been rearranged for 13/5. 

Yeah I did edit my post that the tweet I originally saw had it wrong, going to be interesting to see how this transpires, situation isn’t going away anytime soon