lake district canary

Anyone else hugely excited?

2 minutes ago, Flying Dutchman said:

I stopped paying attention to this poster when they slated a fellow forum user for where they were based - calling it a s***hole and by association the poster was idiotic. This wasn't isolated, they don't seem to stop posting offensive cr@p, not funny, just for the sake of being a terrible human being.

Also amusing every time they start a thread that it's just an opportunity for them to argue with absolutely everyone who replies to it! I can;t be the only one to have noticed that...!

Honestly, I'm surprised anyone reads their posts anymore.

You’re not the only one to notice it, FD. Certainly not one to respect other posters opinions if they don’t fall into line with his or hers. And @Puginhas made a good point too. The mental health reference didn’t strike me as someone genuinely looking out for another posters wellbeing, rather the opposite actually. 

4 hours ago, Pugin said:

Sort yourself out, TeemuVanBasten.

Your vile homophobic comments on the Justin Fashanu thread not many days ago and now this mental heath attack. All very unusual. 

What vile homophobic comments? Go on? 

Stating that I don't believe that somebody with money who frequently paid young people for **** and who abused their position as a coach to have sexual activity with a young student should not be in our hall of fame is not homophobic as it applies to people of any gender or sexuality.

Really looking forward to your explanation here, although a debate on the thread in question would make more sense. 

I've said nothing that is homophobic and you have no idea what my sexuality is. 

Let's f*cking hear it, come on. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

3 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

You’re not the only one to notice it, FD. Certainly not one to respect other posters opinions if they don’t fall into line with his or hers. And @Puginhas made a good point too. The mental health reference didn’t strike me as someone genuinely looking out for another posters wellbeing, rather the opposite actually. 

The same Pugin that had to invent some "vile homophobic comments".

8 hours ago, lake district canary said:

What? Bi-polar? Are you serious? I too know about the condition and have people close to me with it. The huge cross overs in that condition are not to be taken lightly.

Lakey, I apologise. It was inappropriate to draw the distinction and if I did have genuine concerns about your welfare (which I don't) it would be more appropriate to broach that privately. 

On this one I am prepared to accept that people were right to call me out. It is not something to take lightly, and I was basically (entirely inappropriately) making light of the way your outlook has gone from positive to negative and back to positive in a very short space of time over the past week or so. 

Although I still await Pugin's justification for calling me a vile homophobe with bated breath because I'm confident he can't substantiate that at all, in which case I very much look forward to his retraction! 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Lakey, I apologise. It was inappropriate to draw the distinction and if I did have genuine concerns about your welfare (which I don't) it would be more appropriate to broach that privately. 

On this one I am prepared to accept that people were right to call me out. It is not something to take lightly, and I was basically (entirely inappropriately) making light of the way your outlook has gone from positive to negative and back to positive in a very short space of time over the past week or so. 

Although I still await Pugin's justification for calling me a vile homophobe with bated breath because I'm confident he can't substantiate that at all, in which case I very much look forward to his retraction! 

Fair play to you MarcoVanPukki 😉👍🏼

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Flying Dutchman said:

I stopped paying attention to this poster when they slated a fellow forum user for where they were based - calling it a s***hole and by association the poster was idiotic. This wasn't isolated, they don't seem to stop posting offensive, non-sensical cr@p, not funny, just for the sake of being a terrible human being. Sometimes it's childish just because you can see they have no response, but heaven forbid they don't have some sort of last word...

Also amusing every time they start a thread that it's just an opportunity for them to argue with absolutely everyone who replies to it! I can;t be the only one to have noticed that...!

Honestly, I'm surprised anyone reads their posts anymore.

I believe  it was my nearest city, unless of course it was the whole county TvB was referring to. Very odd indeed as most would say it's a very user friendly city ,much like Norwich and the county of Cork is widely regarded as  being a beautiful place to live...it is. His vitriol towards me was due to my insistence on him finding a quote from Webber , that he had quoted, claiming relegation would be a disaster, personally I think he  confused not a disaster with disaster. I guess you see what you want.

Aaaaaanyway,  I'm all up for opinions, as long as they are not opinions masquerading as facts, but not really up for long arguments  trying to change others opinions or mine unless presented  with  evidence , then of course I'll  rethink. Its a lot easier on my head to accept that people disagree than it is trying to prove I'm right. Some clearly think a different way. 

And as for  LDC , this board would be much duller without him, and  though  I've pulled his leg once or twice I sincerely hope I've never joined in a 'pile on' I think Lakeyo  is actually more than able to fight his own corner , if I'm wrong then I apologise  LDC , as all the carp on here is just farts in the  wind. It should affect nothing and no one as surely as it has no effect on team selection, subs, or whether the board splashes out  on players or not.

I'm just happy I can splash out on a day pass for tomorrow  and watch the game on my big telly as I miss so much when on the smaller monitor. Best advice I ever had, thanks Grefsted.👍😉

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

No need to apologise, but I accept it anyway.

However, I do not accept I have been negative this last week.  Why is me suggesting different players are brought in, in any way being negative?  If - as I believe - Cantwell and Buendia in particular are now looking a bit less effective after their meteoric rise into the PL and all the hype that goes with that - then suggesting taking them out of the firing line might be a sensible thing.  Cantwell is still really up for it, I would agree, but being up for it and being effective in terms of scoring goals or making runs into the penalty area to put defenders under pressure he is not doing. One good flick against Wolves to set Aarons up was the only creative pass he made as far as I can remember in that match and most of the rest of his play is holding on to the ball and making easy passes - and surely we need more than that now that we need wins more urgently than any other time of the season. 

I'm happy to take the flack on this - but it is not being negative, because there are other players we have who are imo capable of doing a job in the team for those two players, good though they have been.

Lakey, I have one thing to say to you.

Don’t ever let the negative mocking bastards get you down when you’re right me old mucker. You support the team as well as any season ticket holder, and I for one like your positivity.

Now let’s have some fun in the cup! 👍🏼

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

How patronising.

You are but most people have learnt to ignore you so it's not too bad.

• Like 1

Thought we played ok yesterday, had a bit of luck (VAR) and Leicester not taking their chances, needs a superb strike to seal the points.

Positives

Clean sheet

Aaron's and Emi's performance

3 points

Negatives

Why do we start the second half so poorly do often?

Pukki looks shattered / out of form

Edited by Kenny Foggo

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

You are but most people have learnt to ignore you so it's not too bad.

Exactly Hoggo, I no longer even sniff his bait, let alone bite.

Edited by wcorkcanary

3 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Exactly Hoggo, I no longer even sniff his bait, let alone give it a taste.

That sounds a bit wrong somehow 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

That sounds a bit wrong somehow 

You're probably correct Franko, maybe I'll rephrase that. Ha ha ....original stays in your quote after I edited.😇

Edited by wcorkcanary

On 26/02/2020 at 19:11, lake district canary said:

So much doom mongering around on here sometimes, but anyone else really excited by the matches coming up?  If there were two matches I could get to this season it would be the next two as they will make or break our season.  Win against Leicester and we are back in the hunt in the league, win against Spurs and we have a big cup run in process.

So is it just me that is excoted by what's coming up, not just the midweek cup game but the league game too?  I'm away from Norfolk so I don't get the "vibe" and can only go on what I see in matches and read on here - but is there enough excitement at our prospects and the games coming up?   We could lose both games, I know, but the prize for winning either or both is huge.

So what's not to get excited about? 

Corona virus could see the final cancelled

So the excitement was not misplaced. Makes it that much more enjoyable. Although we probably take a bigger hit when there's a loss. 🙃

Now shut the f*** up

People laughed at you, Lakey - they’re meant to be Norwich City supporters, but who’s laughing now?

Bang out of 2/2 Leicester and Tottenham

How many of you that took the **** out of Lakey have got the gumption to give him credit? I bet few...

Nice one, man 🥁🏆

6 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

Now shut the f*** up

People laughed at you, Lakey - they’re meant to be Norwich City supporters, but who’s laughing now?

How many of you that took the **** out of Lakey have got the gumption to give him credit? I bet few...

Nice one, man 🥁🏆

I think my anticipation of an exciting week was justified!  Can only imagine the excitement at being at both those matches. If we win on Saturday, we will be one of the form sides in the league. Now there's an exciting prospect...... 

19 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I think my anticipation of an exciting week was justified!  Can only imagine the excitement at being at both those matches. If we win on Saturday, we will be one of the form sides in the league. Now there's an exciting prospect...... 

Can you get really excited about the game on Saturday Lakey?  I'm relying on you!!!!  BTW, I didn't see Emi's past two performances coming and Todd was outstanding against Spuds - long may it continue.

7 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

Now shut the f*** up

Nice one, man 🥁🏆

Let's not get it twisted Alex;

We all want us to do well, we all want us to get through to the next round and avoid relegation.

Lakey never predicted we'd win, he never used any evidence or rationale  as to why these two games would be any different to the majority of the previous 30.

I share many of the positive beliefs he does, but he is a WUM - He strategically times posts when he knows most will be down and prods them with him stick, he knows exactly what he is doing, when hes doing it and thrives off it.

2 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

He strategically times posts when he knows most will be down and prods them with him stick, he knows exactly what he is doing, when hes doing it and thrives off it.

Oh please!! My rationale is to try and boost people to try and get them to feel a bit more positive after a setback.  If you see that as prodding people with a stick then that is just your interpretation, it is not what is intended and I think most people understand that.  Some people don't want to be "prodded" and I understand that, but imo what you do after a setback is not wallow in it, but try to rise above it.

6 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

Lakey never predicted we'd win, he never used any evidence or rationale  as to why these two games would be any different to the majority of the previous 30.

Evidence? Rationale? What has that got to do with being excited about two upcoming matches?  They both delivered too - and that was the beauty of it - the anticipation, the executing of the first one with a brilliant performance leading to increased anticipation of the second one - and the brilliant climax and theatre of the penalty shoot out. 

Fantastic week - and that was always on imo.  That needs to be built on now, but we can do that as well.

8 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

Now shut the f*** up

Nice one, man 🥁🏆

I have not contributed at all here and I believe you are wholly correct in what you have said so far, he has an opinion that we may do well, which he is fully entitled air without being mocked / attacked. If anyone else had posted this, they would not be treated in the same way and it is not right that he is treated in such a way.

However, there is no credit to be had here. He is unwaiveringly positive that we will win (which, again is fine) but that doesn't mean he deserves credit if we do win.

I'm not particularly postive about us staying up and would suggest the chance is quite small (there is still a chance however), but positivity from our fans should be considered to be a good thing.

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Fantastic week - and that was always on imo.  That needs to be built on now, but we can do that as well.

Well Lakey I hope you will be proved right there aswell 😉 

Discussions are fun between the bit more pessimistic supporter , the optimistic supporter and the "bit more over optimistic fan" , as long as it can stay civilised ... 

Yesterday was a night to remember , first time at the new WHL for me. The defensive frailty was still there to be seen ,but we put it right after the early goal and looked relatively solid. Our Goalkeeper was the MoM , which does mean there is still work to be done...

I don't think we will stay up . Yet we can keep the cup run going if we keep performing like yesterday!

On 26/02/2020 at 19:11, lake district canary said:

So much doom mongering around on here sometimes, but anyone else really excited by the matches coming up?  If there were two matches I could get to this season it would be the next two as they will make or break our season.  Win against Leicester and we are back in the hunt in the league, win against Spurs and we have a big cup run in process.

So is it just me that is excoted by what's coming up, not just the midweek cup game but the league game too?  I'm away from Norfolk so I don't get the "vibe" and can only go on what I see in matches and read on here - but is there enough excitement at our prospects and the games coming up?   We could lose both games, I know, but the prize for winning either or both is huge.

So what's not to get excited about? 

I dont know about the next two matches breaking or making our season Lakey, but way more important  is the fact in the longer term, that means beyond this season irrespective of what happens to all of this season's remaining games, the overriding vibe locally is that DF and SW must be retained because the club is now on a much more solid  ground financially and the team is full of youngsters and oler pro's that are playing  good stuff on the park. And this coincides with that lot south of the border doing not to well at all. So im both excited and content to about the future, both the two games you mention and way beyond that.

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

I am now doing all my betting on your recommendations Lakey.... Well called.