Sign in to follow this  
0peteddMMyyyy0Falseen-USTrue

Worthy's stubborness is a gamble, will it work?

Hammers told you can have Deano for £8m, I do not think they will go for this, cheaper alternatives available for more experienced  international strikers including former target Benni McCarthy.

Worthy gambling on going up or Deano value to go up by the summer.  Because if no promotion this Summer can''t see Deano seeing his future in the Championship with a financially strapped club.

Will either gamble pay off I doubt it, not enough current form to suggest the play offs is realistic and Deano on current form is not worth £8m. 

Nightmare scenario Deano gets injured badly and misses a number of games, if he stays Deano must be kept fit. All our eggs are in the same basket.

Worthy gambling with City''s future for his own gratification.  

[quote user="pete"]

Hammers told you can have Deano for £8m, I do not think they will go for this, cheaper alternatives available for more experienced  international strikers including former target Benni McCarthy.

Worthy gambling on going up or Deano value to go up by the summer.  Because if no promotion this Summer can''t see Deano seeing his future in the Championship with a financially strapped club.

Will either gamble pay off I doubt it, not enough current form to suggest the play offs is realistic and Deano on current form is not worth £8m. 

Nightmare scenario Deano gets injured badly and misses a number of games, if he stays Deano must be kept fit. All our eggs are in the same basket.

Worthy gambling with City''s future for his own gratification.  

[/quote]

I cant see his value ever being more than 7-8 million, certainly not if we are in the championship when we sell him.There is no point in selling him unless we have got potential replacements lined up - which worthy has been sounding out.  I dont trust worthy to spend the money wisely otherwise this is a good price and a 2 or 3 quality players could come in to replace him.

"Worthy gambling with City''s future for his own gratification" 

And just as many people think that Worthington should be on his way if he ''lets'' Deano go. Just shows that you can''t please all of the people all of the time.