Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

Daniel Sinani

Talks are progressing well with Daniel Sinani, according to EDP and in advanced stages.

Not being negative, but having let Srbeny go, is this guy likely to be an improvement?

At 22 he's got time on his side, and likely to get game time should we go down. Not been entirely convinced by Drmic, but has only had limited opportunities (like Dennis) so might be interesting to know who out strikeforce might be next season

What do people think?  

He plays in a minnows league and is a total unknown- lots of goals and assists but doesn't really tell you a lot in Luxembourg.

Based on internet videos (again, who really knows) if you just watch the player himself objectively then most of what he does is good in terms of technique and execution. He has just as much chance as Marley Watkins did for the same fee, and has the added bonus of being exciting and European instead of boring and Welsh.

30 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

Talks are progressing well with Daniel Sinani, according to EDP and in advanced stages.

Not being negative, but having let Srbeny go, is this guy likely to be an improvement?

At 22 he's got time on his side, and likely to get game time should we go down. Not been entirely convinced by Drmic, but has only had limited opportunities (like Dennis) so might be interesting to know who out strikeforce might be next season

What do people think?  

I believe he is a winger so no need to compare to Srbeny/Drmic.

7 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

He will be an absolute bleeding disaster, you heard it here first

😘😂

I expect  you  to be proved right,  he wont cost enough to be any good. If Sheffield United  aren't interested  why should we be? Another for Sloughbottom  park. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

I expect  you  to be proved right,  he wont cost enough to be any good. If Sheffield United  aren't interested  why should we be? Another for Sloughbottom  park. 

We could always offer them Godfrey, Aarons and Cantwell in a part exchange deal

As long as they don’t mind us stumping up the further €15mil on a payment plan?

Will he have enough points on the immigration scale to play for us... I've got a feeling UEA are gonna have a sudden influx of footballers all studying part time PHD's soon 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Young at 22, free transfer, comfortable on either wing, can play as an AM and a striker, technique looks solid. Knew very little about him so had a look online at his stats, obviously makes me an expert... 😁

Obviously a complete unknown quantity playing in a minnows league, but you can only beat what's in front of you - 14 goals in 13 league games this season (24 in 27 in all comps) and averaging goal every other game since the age of 19 for his current side suggests he's doing that nicely. Add to that 22 assists in 3 seasons.

And minnows league or not, 4 goals against Sevilla and APOEL this season in the Europa league is not a bad return.

I for one am happy to see this sort of player, at a cost you really can't argue with.

• Like 2

Apparently his one trick is to cut in from the right and shoot with his left foot. Well, that might work in some tinpot league but I can’t imagine anyone has ever got away with that at a higher level...

A 22 year old with plenty of potential. Although playing in a tin pot league with average players, I am sure the optimists amongst us with some footballing knowledge will be excited by what this lad could be like surrounded by better players and a first rate coaching team. Hope this comes off!

Joking apart, I’d like to see us sign this lad. Watched the dreaded YouTube clips and liked what I saw, could be a steal of a signing, and if not then we’ve not broke the bank in terms of wages and transfer fees. Webber has already said that it’s difficult to fully assess a player like that in a weaker league, but for the reasons above I see no reason why we shouldn’t take a punt.

He looked very good in the game against Seville, which I guess is when he first came to prominence with Norwich’s scouts. Norwich have a lack of left footed attacks so he could some balance. Bit of a gamble, but on a free and unlikely to be on high wages means it doesn’t particularly matter if it doesn’t come off. 

• Like 2

He can hit a mean shot and, the last time I checked, the goals are the same size here as they are in Luxembourg. And I regularly conduct rigorous goal inspection checks within European leagues. I've found it a bit difficult in all honesty as my arms aren't really long enough.

In all seriousness... I don't see this as a huge gamble and if it pays off it could be a very calculated one indeed.

Edited by BobLoz3

19 hours ago, Samwam27 said:

What do people think?  

I think we should let the boy sign and actually play for us before we pass judgement.

On 25/02/2020 at 18:21, Mason 47 said:

He plays in a minnows league and is a total unknown- lots of goals and assists but doesn't really tell you a lot in Luxembourg.

Based on internet videos (again, who really knows) if you just watch the player himself objectively then most of what he does is good in terms of technique and execution. He has just as much chance as Marley Watkins did for the same fee, and has the added bonus of being exciting and European instead of boring and Welsh.

Also could do just as much as Teemu Pukki has, for the same fee

He must be good. My scouts on football manager recommended that i sign him. That's pretty much the same as real life right?! 

• Haha 1

On 26/02/2020 at 10:41, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

He looked very good in the game against Seville, which I guess is when he first came to prominence with Norwich’s scouts. Norwich have a lack of left footed attacks so he could some balance. Bit of a gamble, but on a free and unlikely to be on high wages means it doesn’t particularly matter if it doesn’t come off

From a financial point of view maybe, but I would argue it always matters. If he plays and isn't good enough, the team suffers. Which of course can have financial implications in various different ways. 

Could be a crucial transfer window this summer. Players likely to leave may include, Pukki, Vrancic, Steipermann, Buendia, Leitner, Godfrey and Aarons. Most of whom we're hugely influential in last seasons championship win. Webber may need to spend a bit more and take less of a gamble on at least two or three signings. 

6 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Also could do just as much as Teemu Pukki has, for the same fee

With respect, Pukki's palmares was decent. 

If you look at the players that have come out of the Irish league over the years then the fact that he plays in Luxembourg isn't enough to write him off. Hoolahan moved over late. 

On 25/02/2020 at 21:45, PurpleCanary said:

Apparently his one trick is to cut in from the right and shoot with his left foot. Well, that might work in some tinpot league but I can’t imagine anyone has ever got away with that at a higher level...

Arjen Robben made a career out of it at the very top, Andros Townsend had a good Premier League career and Jarrod Bowen excelled in the Championship. It's all relative.

The concern is obviously the size of the step up. Even if he has the quality to make it, then he'd need some time to get up to speed, and would we be able to afford him that in a promotion battle, or would we be better off loaning him out to a League One side for six months?

Ultimately it will be relatively risk-free given the finances involved, but there has to be far more chance of failure than success with a signing such as this one, however the prize of success is far greater than the loss if he fails, so all-in-all, it's probably worth the punt.

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Arjen Robben made a career out of it at the very top, Andros Townsend had a good Premier League career and Jarrod Bowen excelled in the Championship. It's all relative.

The concern is obviously the size of the step up. Even if he has the quality to make it, then he'd need some time to get up to speed, and would we be able to afford him that in a promotion battle, or would we be better off loaning him out to a League One side for six months?

Ultimately it will be relatively risk-free given the finances involved, but there has to be far more chance of failure than success with a signing such as this one, however the prize of success is far greater than the loss if he fails, so all-in-all, it's probably worth the punt.

Think @Purple was perhaps making a cheeky reference to a diminutive midfield wizard that once played a game or two at Carrow Rd 😉 ☘️ 

1 hour ago, Alex Moss said:

Think @Purple was perhaps making a cheeky reference to a diminutive midfield wizard that once played a game or two at Carrow Rd 😉☘️ 

No, it was Robben I was thinking of! I hadn't realised until I checked that the French, bless 'em, call that trademark move of cutting in from the right and shooting left-footed 'une Robben'.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Anyone in the Maltese top league we have our eye on ? 

Bore off. 

Already hate myself  for replying, pretty certain I wont do so again.

14 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Anyone in the Maltese top league we have our eye on ? 

If they qualify for the Europa league and put in a strong performance against one of the best teams in a English/Spanish/German league, I'm sure we would be interested.

Just like we are with Sinani.

7 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

If they qualify for the Europa league and put in a strong performance against one of the best teams in a English/Spanish/German league, I'm sure we would be interested.

Just like we are with Sinani.

Thankyou Snowo, Midland  is an eejit , desperate to climb the posters chart. Or just desperate,  full stop..Not sure which , couldn't care less.  

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

Thankyou Snowo, Midland  is an eejit , desperate to climb the posters chart. Or just desperate,  full stop..Not sure which , couldn't care less.  

Good morning to you sir and thanks for the mention. I hope the inclement weather isn’t too bad in Norfolk and your enjoying your morning.