Sign in to follow this  
Flying Dutchman

Team V Leicester

With all the talk about Emi recently I firmly believe that now is the time he HAS to start - frankly I think the time to start him has passed, but here we are, now. Rupp just hasn't shown enough for me. It's time to go for broke, really.

A bit of a conundrum is the number 10 role behind the striker, I remain dubious about Marco at this level (I am 100% happy for him to show me how wrong I am, however) - This leaves me with either Kenny at number 10 (as we saw a bit of before) or Duda. There is an argument for Mario, but I think he will be best deployed deeper, alongside Tettey.

I do like Kenny, and I believe he offers more than a few fans on here give him credit for, but I just think Mario offers more for us going forward.

Which brings me to big Alex himself. He sounded absolutely gutted about the Wolves display, I feel that he will definitely be fired up to prove something this Friday. Nobody can doubt his determination, which is half the battle when you're at the foot of the table.

Godfrey had a bit of a nightmare Sunday, which is why I would have Zimmerman back in, if fit, not sure where we currently stand on this.

So, to commence proceedings, I'll put this forward:

Krul

Aarons     Zimbo (if fit?)     Hanley     Lewis

Tettey              Vrancic

Emi                         Duda                     Cantwell

Pukki

Subs: Fahrmann, Trybull, Mclean, Godfrey, Stiepermann, Rupp, Drmic/Idah

I had a brief temptation to go with attacking 4-4-2 (more 4-2-2-2), swapping out Duda for Drmic/Idah alongside Pukki, but I just don't see DF going with 2 strikers from kick off.

Edited by Flying Dutchman
  • Like 1

Half the comments on this board would suggest that we should just not bother showing up at all! 😂

Krul

Pukki

Definitely not Duda. Marco has shown more this season and he was rightfully replaced. Its only what we would like to see personally so I would go for Godfrey instead of Tettey and MacLean instead of Duda

Edited by keelansgrandad

Yep, I think that’s pretty spot on, Flying Dutchman 👍🏼. I would love to see Vrancic and Emi back in the side personally, though I totally respect Farke’s reasons. That said, I thought Kenny was our best player by a million miles for the first 20 minutes at Wolves. So it would feel very harsh leaving him out. So maybe I would have him in for Duda. I like Duda actually, no doubting his technique at all, that is obvious, and I think there’s more to come from him, but I think Kenny is far more aggressive when trying to win the ball back, and in some ways is quite unique in our side, he offers something a little different. He doesn’t look like he should be one of the teams better headers of the ball, but he is! Very neat and tidy, I actually think we’ll do well to hold on to the Mayor this summer.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

Why not Give Emi (or Cantwell) a go at No.10, which is probably their more favoured positions. If Hernandez was fit, I'd go all three behind Pukki.

This is fine, but who goes on the wing if you move either of them inside for this game? 

I'd like to see that too ATG, I think it could work, but with Onel out and Rupp not showing much for me, it's a tough one. That being said, putting Duda in at number 10 was a struggle for me...

16 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Krul

Pukki

Definitely not Duda. Marco has shown more this season and he was rightfully replaced. Its only what we would like to see personally so I would go for Godfrey instead of Tettey and MacLean instead of Duda

Yep, I'll be honest, I wasn't convinced putting Duda in at number 10, Kenny did nothing particularly wrong when he played there and did offer something a little different, so maybe you are onto something - It wouldn't break my heart to see that happen.

1 hour ago, Flying Dutchman said:

With all the talk about Emi recently I firmly believe that now is the time he HAS to start - frankly I think the time to start him has passed, but here we are, now. Rupp just hasn't shown enough for me. It's time to go for broke, really.

A bit of a conundrum is the number 10 role behind the striker, I remain dubious about Marco at this level (I am 100% happy for him to show me how wrong I am, however) - This leaves me with either Kenny at number 10 (as we saw a bit of before) or Duda. There is an argument for Mario, but I think he will be best deployed deeper, alongside Tettey.

I do like Kenny, and I believe he offers more than a few fans on here give him credit for, but I just think Mario offers more for us going forward.

Which brings me to big Alex himself. He sounded absolutely gutted about the Wolves display, I feel that he will definitely be fired up to prove something this Friday. Nobody can doubt his determination, which is half the battle when you're at the foot of the table.

Godfrey had a bit of a nightmare Sunday, which is why I would have Zimmerman back in, if fit, not sure where we currently stand on this.

So, to commence proceedings, I'll put this forward:

Krul

Pukki

Subs: Fahrmann, Trybull, Mclean, Godfrey, Stiepermann, Rupp, Drmic/Idah

I had a brief temptation to go with attacking 4-4-2 (more 4-2-2-2), swapping out Duda for Drmic/Idah alongside Pukki, but I just don't see DF going with 2 strikers from kick off.

More or less this, defo no Duda though , probably McLean although he's not been at his best. 

• Like 1

Krul

Aarons, Hanley, Godfrey, Lewis

Trybull, Vrancic

Buendia, Stiepermann, Cantwell

Pukki

Farhmann, Tettey, Rupp, Duda, Drmic, McLean, Idah

Krul

Aarons Zim Hanley lewis

Vrancic Godfrey

Emi pukki cantwell

Drmic

Because why the hell not!? 

Or

Krul

Aarons Zim Godfrey Hanley lewis

Vrancic Trybull

Emi cantwell

Pukki 

Or

Aarons Zim Hanley lewis

Godfrey

Vraancic           Cantwell    

Buendia

Pukki.                Drmic

Or 

11 random names pulled out of a hat 

Because what the hell do we have to lose? 

Unsure on injuries but I'd try.

Krul

Aaron's hanley godfrey Lewis

Tettey    vrancic

Cantwell buendia  Duda

Drmic

(because I think Pukki needs a rest)

If we were genuinely trying tooth-and-nail to stay up?

Krul

Aarons Godfrey Hanley Lewis

McLean Tettey Trybull

Cantwell Buendia

Pukki

And I would exchange Godfrey for Zimbo (if fit) and McLean interchangeable with Vrancic who I actually think has some of the most PL quality in him of all our midfield. Godfrey is a decent player and will go on to be very good but for on-the-day, right here right now, Zimmermann is a better centre back.

McLeans natural instincts are to get up with the attackers ASAP which is one of his best, but our current lineups worst attributes. Trybull has a good deal of technical ability in him so we won't be hamstrung by two simple destroyers in midfield and speaking of which, Tettey can just defend and stop trying so hard to move us forward. Buendia and Cantwell are our best inside forward players and both have the best relationship with Pukki outside of the PL-limited Marco.

Banks of 4 and 3 (moving to a 4-4 when defending if possible) would make us look less wide open and give Emi and Cantwell a chance to spring Teemu. Of course everyone admires our dauntless, open manner of playing but I believe if we curbed that by just a bit and acknowledged we're a bit more limited than most, better performances would bring better results.

What I think it will actually be is exactly the same, but after the pantomime in the media Buendia in for Rupp.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, glory.win or die. said:

Unsure on injuries but I'd try.

Krul

Aaron's hanley godfrey Lewis

Tettey    vrancic

Cantwell buendia  Duda

Drmic

(because I think Pukki needs a rest)

Agree with this but would like to see idah start with pukki as back up and go with two strikers if not working 

A lot of our fans think this will be a cakewalk, they have forgotten the result at the KP.

Think it will be a end to end game, with one team getting a narrow win, hopefully ourselves.

Really don't know any more (I know, I never did know😢) but think Vrancic has to start and I see no reason why he can't play the Duda role.  Don't think Cantwell offers anything creatively bar the occasional clever flick and for whatever reason Buendia not in favour, so - a  4231 which can easily become a 433 or even a 442 -

Krul

Tettey  Trybull

Rupp     Vrancic  Pukki

Drmic

31 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Really don't know any more (I know, I never did know😢) but think Vrancic has to start and I see no reason why he can't play the Duda role.  Don't think Cantwell offers anything creatively bar the occasional clever flick and for whatever reason Buendia not in favour, so - a  4231 which can easily become a 433 or even a 442 -

Krul

Tettey  Trybull

Rupp     Vrancic  Pukki

Drmic

2nd highest scorer this season Lakey.

Krul

Aarons, Godfrey, Hanley, Lewis

Tettey, Vrancic,

Rupp, Buendia, Cantwell

Pukki

5 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:
37 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Krul 

Tettey  Trybull

Rupp     Vrancic  Pukki

Drmic

I think he's great, good that he has scored goals but in recent games he has not been delivering much that is really doing anything to get us goals. Skilful, neat and tidy and works hard, very occasional good flick, but hardly anything that leads to an end product and we need end products either in clear chances created or goals scored.  You can apply that to Aarons and Lewis, but there are not many choices in their positions.  You could apply that to Maclean too - and he has been pretty good on the whole - but there are like with Cantwell, other options in his case.  

We look good most games, like we did for twenty minutes on Sunday, but looking good is not enough. We need an edge - and the only way to get it is either the players that have been first choices step up a bit and add a bit of an edge or they should be replaced in the team. It's not really for me to decide, but looking at it objectively, we are capable of really good looking football but not getting results that deserves. No issue for me with trying different players and if it doesn't work, at least it has been tried. 

5 minutes ago, king canary said:

Are we expecting Zimmerman to be fit? Farke said he'd likely miss the game after Wolves.

Not sure if it’s regurgitated old news from the weekend, but from what I’ve seen in the media outlets today he will miss out. To be fair, there was still a very small possibility he could play last weekend so that suggests bar any flare up then I suppose he could be back for tomorrow night, if not then maybe in time for Spurs.

1 hour ago, Alex Moss said:

Not sure if it’s regurgitated old news from the weekend, but from what I’ve seen in the media outlets today he will miss out. To be fair, there was still a very small possibility he could play last weekend so that suggests bar any flare up then I suppose he could be back for tomorrow night, if not then maybe in time for Spurs.

From presser: Zimbo might be back for Spurs. Onel out for season - sounds like he's never really recovered from the stairs thing. Klose is, er, close. Apparently Duda runs around a lot.

5 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

From presser: Zimbo might be back for Spurs. Onel out for season - sounds like he's never really recovered from the stairs thing. Klose is, er, close. Apparently Duda runs around a lot.

I also got the sense we are being primed for another Rupp over Emi start. May be wrong though.

With Zimbo out I'd go...

Krul

Aarons, Godfrey, Hanley, Lewis

Tettey, McLean

Buendia, Pukki, Cantwell

Drmic

What probably will happen is the same team as v Wolves.

19 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

LDC never picks Cantwell, for the games he scored or after the games he scored

The reason for not selecting Emi is just as ridiculous. 

He would prefer to play someone out of position 

I can understand resting them but otherwise pick someone for how you know they can play. 

51 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

I saw that DF also bemoaned only having 3 fit centre backs for 2 out of 27 games this season.  I know it's bad luck, but I really don't understand why we didn't at least get one in on loan in January.  I guess in the 3rd week of Jan, Godfrey, Zimmermann and Hanley were all available and Klose was 'only' 2 months away, but then Godfrey got himself sent off and we were back to square one for 3 games and now Amadou's gone and Zimmermann's got injured and we're back to Tettey as a back up CB!

Edited by Woodman

20 hours ago, lake district canary said:

I think he's great, good that he has scored goals but in recent games he has not been delivering much that is really doing anything to get us goals. Skilful, neat and tidy and works hard, very occasional good flick, but hardly anything that leads to an end product and we need end products either in clear chances created or goals scored.  You can apply that to Aarons and Lewis, but there are not many choices in their positions.  You could apply that to Maclean too - and he has been pretty good on the whole - but there are like with Cantwell, other options in his case.  

We look good most games, like we did for twenty minutes on Sunday, but looking good is not enough. We need an edge - and the only way to get it is either the players that have been first choices step up a bit and add a bit of an edge or they should be replaced in the team. It's not really for me to decide, but looking at it objectively, we are capable of really good looking football but not getting results that deserves. No issue for me with trying different players and if it doesn't work, at least it has been tried. 

Most tackles against Liverpool, his stats match Maddison and Grealish, only player that looks like scoring other than Pukki. What did he do to upset you ?

14 minutes ago, Woodman said:

I saw that DF also bemoaned only having 3 fit centre backs for 2 out of 27 games this season.  I know it's bad luck, but I really don't understand why we didn't at least get one in on loan in January.  I guess in the 3rd week of Jan, Godfrey, Zimmermann and Hanley were all available and Klose was 'only' 2 months away, but then Godfrey got himself sent off and we were back to square one for 3 games and now Amadou's gone and Zimmermann's got injured and we're back to Tettey as a back up CB!

Yeah the squad management has been a bit **** and only got worse in January. Letting Amadou go with nobody else coming in was always stupid. With Zimbo and Byram now out injured we literally don't have any actual defenders to offer cover, just utility players who could 'do a job' at best.

1 minute ago, Well b back said:

Most tackles against Liverpool, his stats match Maddison and Grealish, only player that looks like scoring other than Pukki. What did he do to upset you ?

Long hair, gloves.

Seriously, it isn't worth the effort.

I assume Krul, Aaron’s, Lewis, Hanley and Godfrey pick themselves as I assume does Pukki. McClean, Cantwell and Tettey also seem certainties. That leaves a presume a straight selection between Vantric, Buendia, Rupp and Duda. Can’t see Vantric coming in, but who knows ?