Sign in to follow this  
Icecream Snow

O/T Liverpool vs West Ham

4 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Even the poorer teams are bigger and stronger than us.

We started the season playing five youngsters, and we looked a lot tighter against Liverpool when we only played two.

It’s that winter break, don’t do anyone any good. 

So who do you want to take the remaining two relegation places? West Ham and Villa for me, mainly for Karma reasons.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Surfer said:

It’s that winter break, don’t do anyone any good. 

So who do you want to take the remaining two relegation places? West Ham and Villa for me, mainly for Karma reasons.

Don't want West Ham coming with us - they'd walk the Championship. Need Villa to come and implode due to FFP rules and Watford, who will lose all their good players.

4 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Don't want West Ham coming with us - they'd walk the Championship. Need Villa to come and implode due to FFP rules and Watford, who will lose all their good players.

good point on W Ham
Bournemouth more in the former than latter category - can see their owners getting a kick up the backside if relegated and sticking loadsa money in. Watford not lightly dismissed in that respect, either

18 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Not so sure West Ham would. I doubt many of that side would stick around, there’d be some serious rebuilding work to do. They’d lose a lot of players. Though in fairness they’d at least have Jarrod Bowen who’s proven to be a decent Championship striker at least. I think Brighton would be in better shape, but to be honest, and I’m not being biased, I don’t think any of those clubs will come down as prepared and ready as us. 

58 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Not sure they would at all. The club would likely implode with fan pressure against owners taking the drivers seat.

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

Loadsa money is no guarantee of success in the champs..

So why bother planning to get relegated only to be the big fish in the small pond? Not having money is a guarantee of failure in any league.

39 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Not sure they would at all. The club would likely implode with fan pressure against owners taking the drivers seat.

Difficult to say. I think the money worries are overblown a bit- like when Newcastle came down, they've got several players who would go for big sums- Felipe Anderson, Declen Rice, Issa Diop etc- and they'll also probably be able to attract players who wouldn't usually drop to Championship level 

Just now, king canary said:

Difficult to say. I think the money worries are overblown a bit- like when Newcastle came down, they've got several players who would go for big sums- Felipe Anderson, Declen Rice, Issa Diop etc- and they'll also probably be able to attract players who wouldn't usually drop to Championship level 

I agree the money worries aren't as big a concern as they are at Villa - but that's not really my point. My point is more about the fan mentality - they're desperate for a change of ownership and going down means they'll probably start to get nasty about it. That can easily cause a promotion challenge to collapse.

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

I agree the money worries aren't as big a concern as they are at Villa - but that's not really my point. My point is more about the fan mentality - they're desperate for a change of ownership and going down means they'll probably start to get nasty about it. That can easily cause a promotion challenge to collapse.

It can but again, didn't happen at Newcastle.

35 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

So why bother planning to get relegated only to be the big fish in the small pond? Not having money is a guarantee of failure in any league.

So don't we have money?

2 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Not having money is a guarantee of failure in any league

What twaddle! We weren't exactly  flush with cash last season and did ok. There are no guarantees  whatsoever in football. Either way.