Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

'There is no bad blood or anything going on'

22 minutes ago, king canary said:

To me he's undoubtedly committed and a team player. He's the one actually trying to make things happen for his team. His commitment and passion tends to spill over into frustration. 

I may agree with you if he was hiding from the ball, or refusing to pass but for me his main issue in these substitute appearances is trying to hard to make things happen.

Agree , he'd be better off if he did what is asked and then would start more. Then he wouldn't have to ' try so hard' ....he'd fit more snugly into the team ethos.

5 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Agree , he'd be better off if he did what is asked and then would start more. Then he wouldn't have to ' try so hard' ....he'd fit more snugly into the team ethos.

Maybe.

I feel the reason Farke likes Rupp is that he is a player you can reliably count on to 'do as he's told.' However if you fill your team with players like that you kill any real chance of any inspiration. You need to give creative types like Buendia a bit more leash- I doubt Wes always did as he was told and we know how that worked out.

Edited by king canary
typo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

Maybe.

I feel the reason Farke likes Rupp is that he is a player you can reliably count on to 'do as he's told.' However if you fill your team with players like that you kill any real chance of any inspiration. You need to give creative types like Buendia a bit more leash- I doubt Wes always did as he was told and we know how that worked out.

Ah, the old ' team tactics destroys creativity ' argument. Not true at all , just what you assume. I would be amazed if Farke  is  trying to stop him being creative, just to  follow the team plan when we're  not in possession. The two  things are not mutually exclusive but I'm sure a smart chap like you doesnt need me to tell you that eh?

Tired of going round I  circles here, you think Emi should be starting, I think the manager/ head coach decides, after all its him that will  take the  flak or the praise ,not me and not you.

3 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Ah, the old ' team tactics destroys creativity ' argument. Not true at all , just what you assume. I would be amazed if Farke  is  trying to stop him being creative, just to  follow the team plan when we're  not in possession. The two  things are not mutually exclusive but I'm sure a smart chap like you doesnt need me to tell you that eh?

Tired of going round I  circles here, you think Emi should be starting, I think the manager/ head coach decides, after all its him that will  take the  flak or the praise ,not me and not you.

I think results of late should decide that Norwich actually go for it from minute one. I hope Daniel wouldn’t cut his nose to spite his face if it’s slightly personal not playing Buendia. 

21 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I hope Daniel wouldn’t cut his nose to spite his face if it’s slightly personal not playing Buendia. 

No ‘hoping’ needed about it. I would like to think that after 2.5 years people have worked out Daniel Farke is clearly not a vindictive type of person, and far too mature for petty squabbles. He has standards and morals that clearly need adhering to. Like it or not, the facts are that Emi does have a little history of being a bit temperamental. If Farke’s trying to improve this element of Emi’s nature, then I would imagine it’s not just for the good of the team but ultimately for the good of Emi too. I truly believe that is exactly how Daniel Farke is as the clearly genuine and decent gentleman that he is.

Edited by Alex Moss
Auto correct
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

You're slightly putting words in my mouth here.

I think different managers value different things.

Hughton for instance clearly valued solidity over anything- so players played in narrow boxes and often looked like they'd been drilled never to roam or push forward in case they left a gap the opposition could exploit. This restriction was what meant Wes could never fit in his team. He just can't play effectively like that.

Farke clearly values possession of the ball over almost anything- so he likes Rupp who likely won't play a risky ball that has a higher % chance of losing possession vs a safer ball back or sideways that gives us a chance to build again. Last season he found a way to accomodate a player like Emi in that system. This year he seemingly can't find that balance.

Also you and me both think the manager/head coach decides who picks the players. I'm not delusional, I don't think I, or anyone else has any say in that. I also think that sort of statement is a cop out- this is a forum for discussion for all of our opinions on what may happen, what did happen and what we think should happen. 

3 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

No ‘hoping’ needed about it. I would like to think that after 2.5 years people have worked out Daniel Farke is clearly not a vindictive type of person, and far too mature for petty squabbles. He has standards and morals that clearly need adhering to. Like it or not, the facts are that Emi does have a little history of being a bit temperamental. If Farke’s trying to improve this element of Emi’s nature, then I would imagine it’s not just for the good of the team but ultimately for the good of Emi too. I truly believe that is exactly how Daniel Farke is as the clearly genuine guy that he is.

I also find myself  replying to him,  then realise who  I'm replying to Alex. Then think, why bother cos he'll  either change the subject, but stay on football , or ask you what your favourite sandwich is. 

Conjecture such as suggesting 'its personal' is shoite stirring, nothing less .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

You're slightly putting words in my mouth here.

I think different managers value different things.

Hughton for instance clearly valued solidity over anything- so players played in narrow boxes and often looked like they'd been drilled never to roam or push forward in case they left a gap the opposition could exploit. This restriction was what meant Wes could never fit in his team. He just can't play effectively like that.

Farke clearly values possession of the ball over almost anything- so he likes Rupp who likely won't play a risky ball that has a higher % chance of losing possession vs a safer ball back or sideways that gives us a chance to build again. Last season he found a way to accomodate a player like Emi in that system. This year he seemingly can't find that balance.

Also you and me both think the manager/head coach decides who picks the players. I'm not delusional, I don't think I, or anyone else has any say in that. I also think that sort of statement is a cop out- this is a forum for discussion for all of our opinions on what may happen, what did happen and what we think should happen. 

Ah, ok, not putting words in your mouth , there are so many coming out that I wouldn't stand a chance😉👍.  Different seasons, KC, last season we were able to play a more risky game as the oppo wasn't  as capable of exploiting any mistakes. I would love to see Emi  start, play well and please please score! I think hes a wonderfully skilled player,  but we cannot  afford him to react( or not) theway he does sometimes when dispossessed . We are effectively down to ten men untill he joins in again, which I find unacceptable,  maybe Farke does too.  The reason I tried to leave the discussion was that I felt it was going nowhere  and we agree on a lot but not one that one point ref EMI, which the more we discuss, the more lost it becomes as we try to  point and counterpoint. In summation, I believe that team ethos( not currently producing results) takes precedent over individual( though flawed) talent. I believe you believe  hes potentially too good to leave out, is that correct. ? If so then we should defo agree to disagree  on this point as I dont believe either can persuade the other . 

Common ground.. Emi is talented,  maybe our most potent attacking midfielder.  But that's a debate for another day. I want him and as a result us, to succeed.

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

Ah, ok, not putting words in your mouth , there are so many coming out that I wouldn't stand a chance😉👍.  Different seasons, KC, last season we were able to play a more risky game as the oppo wasn't  as capable of exploiting any mistakes. I would love to see Emi  start, play well and please please score! I think hes a wonderfully skilled player,  but we cannot  afford him to react( or not) theway he does sometimes when dispossessed . We are effectively down to ten men untill he joins in again, which I find unacceptable,  maybe Farke does too.  The reason I tried to leave the discussion was that I felt it was going nowhere  and we agree on a lot but not one that one point ref EMI, which the more we discuss, the more lost it becomes as we try to  point and counterpoint. In summation, I believe that team ethos( not currently producing results) takes precedent over individual( though flawed) talent. I believe you believe  hes potentially too good to leave out, is that correct. ? If so then we should defo agree to disagree  on this point as I dont believe either can persuade the other . 

Common ground.. Emi is talented,  maybe our most potent attacking midfielder.  But that's a debate for another day. I want him and as a result us, to succeed.

You can never leave the discussion! I'm boarding a plane to Cork as we speak!

1 minute ago, king canary said:

You can never leave the discussion! I'm boarding a plane to Cork as we speak!

Good luck with that, really strong winds, sleet, and unless you have a private jet you'll have a horrible walk across the runway  to the building as ryanair to tight to pay for air bridge. Then hiring s car here is very expensive...get full insurance as you'll defe buckle a wheel on one of a thousand potholes in the fifty miles to my humble abode, only to find I'm out, travelling to Norwich to give EMI a slap on the legs !!👍Help yourself to anything , except the missus!

My last speech on the subject is that personally, I find it strange that to leave Emi out is not causing concern for people. So therefore, the point made by Tettey does seem a bit of fake news to me and that there is something ore to it. A bit similar to Leitner perhaps.

Given that, unfortunately, there's a much bigger chance of us going down now than staying up, I also think that the management are being a bit naive in not trying to give Buendia more game time and therefore put him in the shop window. Because I really can't see Emi sticking around if we're back in the Championship (I may be doing him a disservice here, though I doubt it)... In which case, a fired-up Emi having a free reign to be creative for the rest of the season could end up putting several million on his potential transfer value - and if we are down then I'd much rather see us having the financial resources to pay up to keep hold of Pukki instead of having another possible Oliveira situation on our hands with a peed-off Emi. 

(And, if Emi really were to catch fire over the last few games then, just maybe, he'll be the spark that triggers our unlikely great escape. Win win.)

3 minutes ago, Grando said:

Given that, unfortunately, there's a much bigger chance of us going down now than staying up, I also think that the management are being a bit naive in not trying to give Buendia more game time and therefore put him in the shop window. Because I really can't see Emi sticking around if we're back in the Championship (I may be doing him a disservice here, though I doubt it)... In which case, a fired-up Emi having a free reign to be creative for the rest of the season could end up putting several million on his potential transfer value - and if we are down then I'd much rather see us having the financial resources to pay up to keep hold of Pukki instead of having another possible Oliveira situation on our hands with a peed-off Emi. 

(And, if Emi really were to catch fire over the last few games then, just maybe, he'll be the spark that triggers our unlikely great escape. Win win.)

The club have to think this sooner rather than later. Norwich are going down, I think Emi will leave so it’s time to maximise his value with game time.

After reading today’s press conference, I can’t help but feel Daniel Farke might have been reading this thread, and maybe 1 or 2 more...

I had an initial feeling from the PC that we might see Emi return tomorrow, though it’s clear that although Farke said Duda didn’t have the best game against Wolves, neither did anyone else, which is fair. He has pointed out that Duda has a far better work rate than what he’s given credit for, 13K a match apparently. So highly unlikely we’ll see Rupp, Duda and Emi all starting so perhaps my gut feeling is wrong. Can’t help but think if we are to give ourselves a chance of winning this game tomorrow night then we must start Emi, I think it’s ultimately hurting Pukki badly too - we are missing their telepathy and understanding together.

After reading today’s press conference, I can’t help but feel Daniel Farke might have been reading this thread, and maybe 1 or 2 more...

I had an initial feeling from the PC that we might see Emi return tomorrow, though it’s clear that although Farke said Duda didn’t have the best game against Wolves, neither did anyone else, which is fair. He has pointed out that Duda has a far better work rate than what he’s given credit for, 13K a match apparently. So highly unlikely we’ll see Rupp, Duda and Emi all starting so perhaps my gut feeling is wrong. Can’t help but think if we are to give ourselves a chance of winning this game tomorrow night then we must start Emi, I think it’s ultimately hurting Pukki badly too - we are missing their telepathy and understanding together.

If all that is accurate then I will be annoyed if Emi doesn't start. We haven't scored this month, let alone win. Change is needed desperately. We must not go down without giving it everything possible.

15 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

If all that is accurate then I will be annoyed if Emi doesn't start. We haven't scored this month, let alone win. Change is needed desperately. We must not go down without giving it everything possible.

Farke has generally retained the backing of most fans this season.

If he persists with Rupp over Emi he's giving fans a legitimate reason to question their faith in him.

11 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

From the presser

Sadly, Farke showing he is clueless yet again.  You cannot compare the two, there is no correlation.  A forward player creating many chances in a struggling, relegation threatened side is very, very impressive.  It in no way corresponds to a defender in a poor side making lots of tackles because his side are under constant pressure.

There is obviously something off with Farke and Emi.

I also have an awful feeling that we are going to start next season in the Championship very poorly.

Edited by norfolkbroadslim

29 minutes ago, norfolkbroadslim said:

Sadly, Farke showing he is clueless yet again

I think I’ll take his knowledge rather than yours thanks

• Like 1